Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remington 597

Options
  • 10-10-2007 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

anyone got one? what do you think of it?
    thinkin about getting one in .17 hmr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Accurate, great crack for plinking at clays
    magazine wont take 8 rounds (never put more than 5 in it) have a LS HB in 22 magnum. and agasp:eek: I use it primrily on foxes.

Do a search on it on boards and you'll see the comments good and bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revan23

always liked the look of them and they are not expensive... (500 in duffys for the magnum or .17... got quoted almost 800 in my local place tho.. :eek: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I has one in .22lr and is great on rabbits and foxes. Great purchase. I am not gone on the grey plastic colour.

.22lr on foxes?? ...............

Bond-007 wrote:
    I has one in .22lr and is great on rabbits and foxes. Great purchase. I am not gone on the grey plastic colour.

Look at the remington website, the LS HB is a laminate (not grey black)with a heavy floating barrell. Strips dead easy too. Its the magazine that annoys me it is a pile of %^$£:mad:

• Advertisement

I agree about the mags, totally sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭GilGrissom

revan23 wrote:
    .22lr on foxes?? ...............
    Not a bother with a .22lr up to 70 yards out.

Bond
    Do u struggle with 22 lr??

Bond
    Do u struggle with 22 lr??
    In what way Cavan Shooter?

I had to buy new mags for it, I find that yellow jackets cause it to jam.

i remember a few years ago i was gonna get one, but they had plastic mags and loads of people were complaining about jamming etc... but as far as i know the new ones have steel mags... are you lads using the plastic ones or are the new ones just as crap?

• Advertisement

The plastic ones were absolute crap. I got so annoyed with them I bought a steel mag which is much better. I would not put more than 5 or 6 rounds in at a time. Also for some reason mine hates yellow jackets.

I have two steel mags for mine. Couple of weeks ago I was out lamping I had 7 shots in the mag when I went into field I copped two foxes not two hundred yards away (LUck or what) cocked the handle and the FN THN wouldn't cycle it stuck caught on the front of the mag.

I can only think that I had left it a week with 7 rounds in the mag, now I empty the mag every week and only put 5 rounds in it

And yes I missed the foxes........:mad:

Advertisement