Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Losing connection anyone else ?

Options
  • 10-10-2007 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I am having major problems with my IBB Adsl. It started on Sunday evening when the IP light went out !

When I run a diagnostic on my router I get a fail at this point : Test authentication with ISP: FAIL

sometimes I lose both the ADSL and IP light and then get this on diagnostic : Test ADSL Synchronization: FAIL

It's been on and off now for 3 days and I'm getting hacked off. When I phoned On sunday there was an automated message to say they were aware with a problem of loss of service blah blah ......, so yesterday when it dropped again and I phoned they said it was the same problem, however today it's doing it again and I'd like to know is anyone else really suffering this problem ?
    (specifically in the KK region) because if not I want to be able to phone and tell them they are talking crap and to get it sorted (fat chance I know !), but I'm not paying them for a service I'm not receiving !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

My conection to Xbox Live was on and off the for the past two days. Really annoying. I'm going to send them an email because I let it go the first day assuming they were having issues.

If they are having issues I expect them to fix it, the day the issue occurs for 40 Euro a month

BTW in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭stcatherine

Sorry to hear that but thank god it's not just me (have lost it once since posting).

I'm not happy because I had a deadline for some work I was doing and it needed uploading Tuesday night which of course I couldn't do :mad:

You could try plugging your computer straight into it to make sure that its not a router issue if you've not already.

Someone else posted about it already from Limerick too for Playstation network.

I was having huge problems Tuesday night too, lost the connection to the server completely once and was kicked from a game and dropped it about 5 - 10 times when I was playing and I was jumping all over the place in the game. Really annoying and weird. I'd run forward and 5 seconds later jump back suddenly to where I just was. That happened a few times. Another time everyone in the game was dead except me. It seemed to record them dying but not respawning. It also failed to respawn me once and I thought my 360 had crashed when that happened.

Hopefully they get it sorted, other than this, I've been pretty happy with the service although the support email address didn't even acknowledge my email I sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Is this an ongoing problem you're having?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭stcatherine

Fingers crossed this problem seems to have been sorted. My connection hasn't gone down again now for 2 days so hopefully they have solved whatever problems they were having.

• Advertisement

Same here, all fixed now and I've only had the problem once before for a few hours one Sunday. Only had it 6 months but am happy with it in general.

IBB Breeze 2Mbps in Maynooth and getting what I'm paying for, better actually as contention never really kicks in.

I contacted them and they said they weren't having any problems but I guess they were since its all sorted. They told me to reduce my MTU to 1450 which I've done and not had any problems since.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Eircom were having a few problems with the aslam's at the local exchange but it all seems to be sorted now. With teh ADSL packages you have to remember that although IBB is providing the service, Eircom own the lines and the exchange so if there's a problem with the a sync on the line 9 times out of 10 it's Eircom's fault... not IBB.

Every dsl service on the line would then have this problem, not just IBB.

Advertisement