Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cove Bar

• 10-10-2007 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭

Is it reopened or reopening soon?
    Seems to have been done up a bit and it's calling itself a Cafe Bar.
    Might give the uluru a bit of competition.
    They've had it easy for a long time.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

its open already, planning on having a lookn at it tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Re-opened there last Friday, I fear that it will be the same old story though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Is it true that tweedy bought the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bluestripe

I believe the previous owners have reopened it following a couple of failed attempts to sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

angry_fox wrote:
    Is it true that tweedy bought the place?
    Nope, the Kavanaghs have it now. I'd like to see it do well, but I don't have high hopes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Their carvery wasn't too bad it. If I remember correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

trishw78 wrote:
    Their carvery wasn't too bad it. If I remember correctly

The carvery dinners in the cove used to be excellent compared to the uluru. The uluru has the worst carvery in town

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

no matter who owns the pub (kavenagh) it wont do well with what is acros the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I had lunch there today. It was excellent, and the staff looked after us well. Nice atmosphere and very good value for what we got.

Advertisement