Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good Places To Practice - I live in Dublin 2

Options
  • 10-10-2007 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭

I recently started to take a few lessons and my flatmate i also taking me out the odd evening to give me a few pointers.

Problem is we don't know where to go to practise. We went to citiwest last night (good spot, completely deserted but miles from where I live). Just wondering can someone suggest a place closer to where I live thats suitable for practising.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

You could try the Shelleybanks, down towards the Pigeonhouse power station and beyond. Its mostly long straights, which will give you the chance to work up and down thru' the gears. Just take the turn off the roundabout near the EastLink, but turn right away from the toll, pass the travellers, and take first left. Its quiet enough in the evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i live down there and its agood spot... though i think dollymount is easier.... but haven said that , anybody can do circles in a carpark...

do you have any real road exp... if not i know a good place with an open space so you can do whatever in the car to get yourself used to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Macca206

Phoenix park from parkgate st entrance is good. Can do lots starting and stopping and has few roundabouts too to help you along with different situations.

Advertisement