Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contacts manager for my company - Any suggestions?

• 10-10-2007 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. My company have asked me to research the best contacts manager program from which we will centrally store all of our contacts (probably between 3000 and 5000 contacts at the moment). So far we use 3 storage methods (everyone stores there own at present):

Excel
    Outlook contacts
    Access Database

The program would need to integrate with Words mail merge function and would need to be easily integrated into an Outlook mail shot (ie easy extraction of email addresses). The ability to input notes per contact would be required as well (last communication details etc).

Personally I am leaning towards an excel database as most people know how to use it, we have already paid for the license, it integrates very well with mail merge and outlook mailshots but I just wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Did you look at Microsoft Business Contact Manager? It integrates into Outlook 2007. I have it installed. Don't use it much but looks to have everything you're looking for.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/contactmanager/HA101680081033.aspx?pid=CL101729501033

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

kaizersoze wrote:
    Did you look at Microsoft Business Contact Manager? It integrates into Outlook 2007. I have it installed. Don't use it much but looks to have everything you're looking for.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/contactmanager/HA101680081033.aspx?pid=CL101729501033

Thanks kaizersoze. Will have a look. Any other suggestions anyone?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if you have exchange server you could setup another mailbox for contact and share it out to all users with the open other mailbox option in email accounts

one nice feature is that some people could be set up with read only access

I don't know if you can use it as the default outlook address book though

Advertisement