Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Keep A4 or get 320d

Options
  • 10-10-2007 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Im interesting in peoples views on changing my 02 A4 2.0 litre petrol for 04 320d. Apart from the obvious upgrade of 2 years has anyone got comments?
    I've driven the 320d and it has more power than the A4, are there any problems i should look out for? The one thing I know i will miss is the sound system in the A4, the 320 doesnt come close to the quality :mad:
    Apart from this, is it a sensible change?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd wait until you can stretch to the E90 320d. They came out in 05, and they're a far better car. There were two BMW stereo upgrades available, HiFi speakers for €1,000ish and Logic7 for €1,645. The Logic7 is very good, better than the Bose in my Audi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

I just sold my 04 320D M-sport and i can only say good things about it. Go for the M sport version as i think the standard looks dull. Shouldnt be hard to get a nice one with plenty of kit (leather, sport seats, climate, xenons etc). I would also recommend getting it as an bmw approved used car (warranty and roadside) as can be expensive if things do go wrong! You will find the power a nice step up from the 2.0 A4 but for me i let it go as it just wasnt enough. It looked the part alright but too slow for me. Held its value very well after a year by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 JohnW

Anan1 wrote:
    I'd wait until you can stretch to the E90 320d. They came out in 05, and they're a far better car.
    Theres a bit of a price difference! I like the look of the 04 model above the 05 anyway :o Good to know about the sound system, at least i have options if i do purchse it. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 JohnW

omega man wrote:
    i think the standard looks dull.
    The car I'm looking at is the SE with leather, climate, no xenons. The power increase certainly is noticable, i had a 307HDi prior to A4 and even that seemed to have more power :rolleyes:

Advertisement