Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good venue for fartlek sessions

• 10-10-2007 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good venue for running fartlek sessions? Preferably around the City Centre to Sandymount area but if you know of anything further afield, you can also let me know. Seeing as the eveings and mornings are dark now parks aren't open and dodging around people on the footpath doesn't appeal to me.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

ecpower wrote:
    Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good venue for running fartlek sessions? Preferably around the City Centre to Sandymount area but if you know of anything further afield, you can also let me know. Seeing as the eveings and mornings are dark now parks aren't open and dodging around people on the footpath doesn't appeal to me.

Cheers

The promenade up at Clontarf has grass and lights, its an up and back but varied enough and would be grand for fartlek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

phoenix park near the papal cross at the magazine fort here u have a choice between a hilly course for realli tough session or beside it a flat course perfect for trainin so ya spoiled for choice plus it all on grass so it will save ur joints in the long run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Monster Fan

Herbert park at lunch time?
    sandymount beach?

beach sessions can be of major advantage as they bring a new element to ur trainin however i onli advise them very very sparingly once a month at max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

ecoli wrote: »
    beach sessions can be of major advantage as they bring a new element to ur trainin however i onli advise them very very sparingly once a month at max

Hi mate, why do you say that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

ecoli wrote: »

I never run on the beach and would never advise someone to run on the beach. The foot contact is so poor it can cause problems with your mechanics as the contact foot will shift so much on its contact.

Having said that one of the best sessions I ever had was an interval session on a beach in west Cork at the the crack of dawn when I had nowhere else to train.

exactly it a great session very beneficial if ya dont overdo it otherwise u talkin bout injuries somethin that no runner can afford if they can help it

Advertisement