Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

123 bus

Options
  • 10-10-2007 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Does anyone know where exactly the 123 bus leaves from on Griffith Ave? And is there anywhere to leave the car near there (park and ride)?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 coffee_chucker

It leaves from the end of Griffith ave that meets the Malahide road. The bus terminus is opposite the Ardscoil Ris secondary school. Don't think there is a park & ride facility but I have seen people park their cars on griffth ave and then get the bus on into town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Wisheress

Nice one coffee_chucker! Thanks a mill for that.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Does that route go through any low bridges? There is always massive queues for the bus on O'Connell Street but only single deckers seem to service the route

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are some double deckers that serve the route.

It always seems a ripe hunting ground for strange overheard conversations - this may be to do with the number of elderly people that use it and the fact that it serves a major hospital.
    'D'ya see these tights? I got them on a prescription from the black lady doctor'.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

I think the service started off as an "Imp" service, then became regular single deckers, then some double deckers.
    I get it infrequently. Not sure how quick it is at rush hr. Winds around Marino, then onto Phillipsburg ave, which is a car park. Has O'Connell st. gotten quicker since the refurb?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I heard once that the reason there is only a few double decker buses on this route is because St James Hospital which the 123 goes through don't want double decker's as people can see into windows from the bus.It actually makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dub13 wrote: »
    I heard once that the reason there is only a few double decker buses on this route is because St James Hospital which the 123 goes through don't want double decker's as people can see into windows from the bus.It actually makes sense.

:D

Peeping in at the patients.

Yoo-hoo :waves:

Advertisement