Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohs fans held over Derry pub attack

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

SectionF wrote: »
    On a point of information...
    The BSC flags were banned from Dalymount from the Sligo Rovers game, on September 29, rendering bolting horses and barn doors somewhat irrelevant.

:confused:

Yeah, because the BSC has only been in existence since Sept 28th.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Gerry Conway initially tried the classic Bohs response, deny it was anything to do with them and talk about Rovers. The 'we dont have hooligans at Dalymount' drivel on Weds news was a direct lie.

No bolting, just PR spin.

Gerry Conway should not be allowed speak in public !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

SectionF wrote: »
    On a point of information...
    The BSC flags were banned from Dalymount from the Sligo Rovers game, on September 29, rendering bolting horses and barn doors somewhat irrelevant.
    I saw one BSC flag was flying prominently on national television at the Derry game, and before that at the Pat's game.
    At the Pat's game, I watched in astonishment as a person who appeared to be a senior match steward, along a steward who wore an FAI jacket, assist in putting up two BSC flags. As if that wasn't enough, later on, one of them came back and with great diligence straightened up one of the flags, the better for it to be displayed on national television.
    The question must be asked: are we supposed seriously to believe that these clubs (and the gardai who stood beside those flags at Richmond Park) do not know of the BSC?
    I think it also must be mentioned here that the BSC are disowned and despised by most Bohs fans, who see them do more damage to the club than they could to any bar, and who themselves on occasion have been attacked by them. As it is, the eL has enough ignorance and prejudice to deal with, and enough enemies who will make the most of this to gloat while blithely ignoring violence around English and Scottish football, to which otherwise they give so much publicity.
    Hooliganism is not the sole preserve or responsibility of football clubs. But it is the responsibility of clubs to root it out when it attempts to attach itself to the game. That is a duty of all clubs, and petty finger-pointing is not going to discourage the BSC or anyone else one bit.

Good to see Bohs fans finally speaking out, just a pity it took a barman in Derry to do your dirty work for you.

Letting a 'head boy' give a team talk and having matching ER BSC flags and collars on the jerseys doesnt inspire me with confidence, but time will tell if you actually do ban any of those involved and demand the flags be taken down and most importantly, break the links between your directors and your hooligans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

break the links between your directors and your hooligans.

I suppose one way of doing that would be to call them "trustees" rather than directors. :rolleyes:

Bateman wrote: »
    I suppose one way of doing that would be to call them "trustees" rather than directors. :rolleyes:

Thats probably true unfortunatly.

Seemingly a former 'trustee' handed a grand to the 'fund' to bail the 4 out.

Yes, if you believe everything you read on the internet you can take that as being true.

Two are out since Friday btw.

Yes, if you believe everything you read on the internet you can take that as being true.

i didnt hear this on the internet. its not being denied I note....

Two are out since Friday btw.

rumours of deals with the cops to finger ringleader abound...

According to the tabloids Shoukari, the UDA commander has declared open season on this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Good to see Bohs fans finally speaking out, just a pity it took a barman in Derry to do your dirty work for you.

Letting a 'head boy' give a team talk and having matching ER BSC flags and collars on the jerseys doesnt inspire me with confidence, but time will tell if you actually do ban any of those involved and demand the flags be taken down and most importantly, break the links between your directors and your hooligans.
    Time will tell? They're already banned.
    In recent years, Bohemian FC has invested significant resources in a bid to permanently remove a small minority of troublemakers. During this period, almost 20 people have been banned permanently from Dalymount Park. We have recently introduced measures aimed at ensuring, in as far as possible, that these known troublemakers do not gain access to away grounds

Some of the individuals involved in the Derry incident are among those who are banned from Dalymount Park, and similar life bans will issue to others identified during court proceedings in Derry (full statement)
    Fans raise €1,000 in Derry solidarity
    If you know of a more unequivocal disowning of hooligans by a club, its directors and its fans, then let us see it.
    I don't see anything wrong with the wearing of ER, but I can understand the confusion on that one.

I'll deny it now then. The rumour, started inside the club, about an ex-committee member, is untrue, but the person who started it has well and truly got what they wanted.

Can't say I know whether or not the Shoukri story is true or not, but you don't need the Star on Sunday to tell you that anyone in that situation is not particularly safe.

The lad on the Rovers forum who started the "rat" rumour has a long-running grudge against inner city Bohs fans, who have been invaded by Rovers fans returning from Tolka as often as they've attacked them.

• Advertisement

I'll deny it now then. The rumour, started inside the club, about an ex-committee member, is untrue, but the person who started it has well and truly got what they wanted.

Can't say I know whether or not the Shoukri story is true or not, but you don't need the Star on Sunday to tell you that anyone in that situation is not particularly safe.

The lad on the Rovers forum who started the "rat" rumour has a long-running grudge against inner city Bohs fans, who have been invaded by Rovers fans returning from Tolka as often as they've attacked them.

Pathetic. Truely retchid stuff. Its our fault that Kane and Fat Gav have put a kid in a coman and another lost sight in his eye. "invaded" the area? imagine that, playing in Tolka.

Rumours have been surrounding that director forever. Pull the other one.

Ah sure you know it all. Why post on a thread where you are 100% sure that you know more about everything than anyone else? You are clearly only supporting Rovers a relatively short amount of time. Otherwise you would have picked up on something in one of my earlier posts, which you have clearly failed to do.

Oh and please go ahead and tell me the rumours that have been surrounding "that director" (the rumours have obviously grown legs as last I heard it was an ex-committee member). In fact, I'm not sure you even know what you are supposed to be talking about. In the event that you do, take it to PM please as I am not even going to comment on some of what I have heard as I know most or all of it to be lies. A lot of which you could confirm as lies by speaking to certain members of your own club. They might not be too keen though.

I know and respect a lot of Rovers fans. Few of which I have seen gloating on the 2,000 page Derry thread on your forum.

Ah sure you know it all. Why post on a thread where you are 100% sure that you know more about everything than anyone else? You are clearly only supporting Rovers a relatively short amount of time. Otherwise you would have picked up on something in one of my earlier posts, which you have clearly failed to do.

Oh and please go ahead and tell me the rumours that have been surrounding "that director" (the rumours have obviously grown legs as last I heard it was an ex-committee member). In fact, I'm not sure you even know what you are supposed to be talking about. In the event that you do, take it to PM please as I am not even going to comment on some of what I have heard as I know most or all of it to be lies. A lot of which you could confirm as lies by speaking to certain members of your own club. They might not be too keen though.

I know and respect a lot of Rovers fans. Few of which I have seen gloating on the 2,000 page Derry thread on your forum.

Following Rovers longer than I care to remember, so you are going to have to try harder to talk your club out of this mess.

But here we go on what we know to be true.

The former director/committee member, whatever you call them, was (in)fameous for endorsing known rowdies as members, buying them pints and it was only as he was removed any bans were put in place. He is rumoured to have donated €1,000 to getting them out.

More money was raised for bail for the 'Derry 4' in Doyles at the BSC fundraiser than was raised for repairs for the bar in Dalymount.

At least 2 of the 4 arrested were not subject to barring from Dalymount despite the implicaction from your PR effort.

Care to deny these?

Following Rovers longer than I care to remember, so you are going to have to try harder to talk your club out of this mess.

But here we go on what we know to be true.

The former director/committee member, whatever you call them, was (in)fameous for endorsing known rowdies as members, buying them pints and it was only as he was removed any bans were put in place. He is rumoured to have donated €1,000 to getting them out.

More money was raised for bail for the 'Derry 4' in Doyles at the BSC fundraiser than was raised for repairs for the bar in Dalymount.

At least 2 of the 4 arrested were not subject to barring from Dalymount despite the implicaction from your PR effort.

Care to deny these?

If there was a "fund-raiser" [can you define this please](I'm not sure whether there was or not) it wasn't on in Doyles (I know this to be a fact), so the rumour all seems to have come from one person, because the original post on the Bohs forum mentioned Doyles alright.

It makes sense that friends would want to help out their friends though, and this accepted, it can't be too much of a surprise that they are helping each other out. Or maybe it can. I wouldn't have thought so though.

The Long Bar was renovated, not repaired. Although I fail to see the relevance of this...

http://www.a2zsoccer.com/index.cfm/search/dalymount/loc/2-1/articleId/4D4E6742-DAA3-CEFC-06E0236D132EA035.htm

Considering two of the four were reported in Saturday's Irish Independent as having been released on bail on the Friday morning, and the bail was £2,500, that leaves two...so you can either take that one back or admit it was a porky, either by yourself, or someone further back in the rumour chain.

Re: 2 of the 4 not being on bans, am I under any more of an obligation to deny it than you are to prove it? In any event, it's possible none of the 4 were. But 2 sounds right.

"Endorsing known rowdies as members, buying them pints", this would be totally inaccurate on both counts. And I've already denied the €1,000 rubbish; whether you care to believe me or not is up to you, but I'll also throw in the point that the damage has been done.

so you are denying a fundrasier that you don't know happened happened in a named pub? :confused:

you are telling me I am wrong about how many of those that arent barred, but I might be right :confused:

it was clear I was talking about the bucket campaign to help pay for the damge the BSC did in Derry, not the last little folly for your members while the away fans slum it in the Connaught Stand. A fairly weak effort that.

When did I saw more than two were released? :confused:

You can obstruficate as much as you like. Bohs demanded points to be deducted off Rovers after the incidents on Emmet Road and refused to allow us use the dame defence you are now using now the shoe is on the other foot. Chickens coming home to roost and all that.

I give up, we are going around in circles, neither is going to change their minds, and all the damage that can be done from this episode is pretty much done (and irreversible) at this stage.

I completely misunderstood the "bar repair" comment, it was obviously referring to the bucket collection to help out the bar-owner in Derry. Fact is there were plenty of decent Bohs fans who decided not to contribute. You obviously see a problem in that.

Alright, there was a "fundraiser" :rolleyes: . I admit I find it believable that the BSC gathered in a pub in Phibsborough like they do every Friday night, and pooled together money to help out their mates. You make it sound as if Chris ****ing Martin turned up with "Free the Derry Two" on his hands, and a line of scarf-wearing family-bringing Bohs fans queued for the TV cameras outside the pub. :rolleyes:

There are probably good reasons why Rovers as a club aren't jumping up and down in moral indignation at the actions of fans of other clubs. Unlike you, they are happy to sit back and let nature take it's course, and watch as the country goes to town on Bohs, and the wider Bohs/eL community goes to town on the BSC.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-o0oq_rcsM

Bohs turn a bad thing into a good thing.

Not a republican or loyalist but a beerist and the fookin state of that pub :eek:

kdjac

ciaran76 wrote: »

shmae it took a loyalist barman demanding retribution to force the D7 shower to clean up their act.

hopefully the BSC will be actually be prevented flying their triumphalist banners in Dalyer and rather worryingly, lettering in the Bozo home kit, a bit longer than it takes the fuss to die down.

all for slime out of jail btw

shmae it took a loyalist barman demanding retribution to force the D7 shower to clean up their act.

hopefully the BSC will be actually be prevented flying their triumphalist banners in Dalyer and rather worryingly, lettering in the Bozo home kit, a bit longer than it takes the fuss to die down.

all for slime out of jail btw

What difference does it make if he is a loyalist or not?

They have been banned from flying their flags since 2 (edit that should be nearly 4 weeks ago now)weeks ago so yes its a very good step in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

hopefully the BSC will be actually be prevented flying their triumphalist banners in Dalyer ...

Shame you have such a shaky grasp of the facts. I'm sorry to burst your bubble of righteousness, but 'BSC' flags were banned from Dalymount with effect from the home game against Sligo Rovers, and haven't been seen there since. That was on the 29th of September, and the gods rewarded us with a 3-0 win: clearly, the removal of hooligan flags and emblems is a policy that all clubs should consider.

I suppose people will always read what they want into events, even if that means re-arranging their sequence.

• Advertisement

All four aren't out, so again, don't believe everything you read on the web/in the papers.

ONYD, can you tell us what the Rovers flag with the black, red, and yellow border signifies?

ONYD, can you tell us what the Rovers flag with the black, red, and yellow border signifies?

It is a German Rovers fans flag.

What relevence is that to your sectarian hooligan element?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Yeah Bateman is the chairman, if there's any organised hooliganism in D7 he's involved.

bring your childish nonsense somewhere else.

Chasing old women out of their homes in tallaght...

some cheek ye have back to tallaght! with ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

Going round in circles lads, lets just leave it that both of yer clubs are scum :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

raheny red wrote: »
    Going round in circles lads, lets just leave it that both of yer clubs are scum :D

Oh oh I'd suggest a swift edit if I were you.

It's not a "German Rovers flag" according to some other Rovers fans I've asked, but sure maybe they're wrong.

Go on tell us what it is meant to be as I am not aware of such flag.

ntlbell wrote: »
    Yeah Bateman is the chairman, if there's any organised hooliganism in D7 he's involved.

bring your childish nonsense somewhere else.

Chasing old women out of their homes in tallaght...

some cheek ye have back to tallaght! with ye.

More nonsensical ramblings from you. Chasing old women? I suppose I'm wasting my time asking for any backup to that allegation? :rolleyes:
    ciaran76 wrote: »
    Go on tell us what it is meant to be as I am not aware of such flag.

I have no doubt this is sume puerile bohs fantasy that Rovers have a Nazi element (despite the fact the thrid reich used a red flag). It cannot enter the Bohs consciousness that their fans are worse behaved than ours and this is a weak attempt to reclaim some higher moral ground by insinuating that really, we are the 'worst' fans.

It must be freezing in Rovers shadow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

It must be freezing in Rovers shadow.

I thought being homeless you would know all about being left out in the cold:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Oh oh I'd suggest a swift edit if I were you.

I was joking, hence the ':D' ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

raheny red wrote: »
    I was joking, hence the ':D' ;)

Does the ;) mean you are joking about joking? :D

I just wouldn't use that word full stop, I mean I got a ban for calling a Shels fan who threw a firework into a group of fans that word... and I'm a Shels fan!

The flag has nothing to do with Germany, Hitler, Carsten Jancker, or the Third Reich.

Advertisement