Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danny Rampling and Nicky Holloway - Album and Launch Party

• 10-10-2007 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

NICKY HOLLOWAY AND DANNY RAMPLING 20 YEARS OF HOUSE ALBUM RELEASED OCTOBER 15TH 2007 plus ALBUM LAUNCH PARTY IN LONDON ON SATURDAY 20TH OCTOBER 2007 >

THE GODFATHERS OF UK HOUSE RETURN WITH A VERY SPECIAL COMPILATION AND ALBUM LAUNCH PARTY
    IT'S not out of line to call Danny Rampling or Nicky Holloway godfathers of UK house. In fact it's not out of line at all, it's about bloody right. Both men have been instrumental in creating the modern dance scene we know today. Their considerable influence, legendary antics and pure passion for the dance floor inspired a generation of ravers and dance music makers. They 'discovered' Ibiza with a young Mr Oakenfold, they were behind some of the country's most seminal club nights - Shoom, the Milk Bar, Trip At The Astoria, Pure Sexy - and for a generation they were, and still are, gods of the dance floor.
    Now they're back, releasing a brand new album on the District 6 label. '20 Years Of House' is exactly that, a double CD album mixed with love and passion from two men who helped create the clubbing experience we know today.
    From the opening track on CD1, Frankie Knuckles 1986 work of art 'Your Love', with Jamie Principles vocals soaring on top, it's clear that this is classic house at its best. The gently seductive tones of Pequina Habana's 'I Got To Know' work an undercurrent of driving funk that moves through into Funky Green Dog's classic tune 'High Up', Heller And Farley's dubby 'Ultra Flavour' to the vocal treat that is 'You Used To Hold Me' by Ralphi Rossario. Every single one of these tracks has been sampled time and again but, apart from the Frankie Knuckles Ballroom Mix of A Guy Called Gerald's seminal acid track 'Voodoo Ray', Nicky Holloway lovingly lets the originals do the talking.
    808's gorgeous Pacific State launches CD2, a true master class session from Danny Rampling. From the sleazy undertones of The Sneaker Pimps' 'Spin Spin Sugar' (Armand Van Helden Mix) to the beautifully understated 'I Want Your Love' from Ralphi Rossario, the mix flows seamlessly, building the energy to peak at Mickey Oliver's 'In Ten Si T' before sliding down into pure bliss courtesy of Francois K's gorgeous Hypnodelic. ending on a heady concoction of 'That Piano Track' by Outrage, 'The Hunter' by Daybreak and Age Of Love's self-titled 'Age Of Love' (Jam and Spoon Mix), it's a mix that leaves you floating in a state of unadulterated musical satisfaction.
    Crafted from two decades worth of musical knowledge, this is the definitive album for anyone who has ever lived for the weekend at some point in their lifetime. New, old, seasoned or just starting out; 20 Years Of House will make you fall in love with the dance floor all over again.
    CD1 Frankie Knuckles - Your Love Raze - Break For Love Liberty City - If You Really Love Somebody Pequina Habana - I Got To Know Funky Green Dogs - High Up Heller And Farley - Ultra Flavour Ralphi Rossario - You Used To Hold Me Mixmasters Feat MC Action - In The Mix A Guy Called Gerald - Voodoo Ray Bump - I'm Rushing Shamen - Progen Master C+J - When You Hold Me
    CD 2 808 State - Pacific State Morels Groove - Lets Groove Inland Knights - Out Of Bounds The Sneaker Pimps - Spin Spin Sugar (Armand Van Helden Mix) Lil Mo Ying Yang - Reach Adonis - No Way Back Ralphi Rossario - I Want Your Love Mickey Oliver - In Ten Si T Francois K - Hypnodelic Outrage - That Piano Track Daybreak - The Hunter Age of Love - Age of Love (Jam and Spoon Mix)
    Click to buy!
    I hope to see you at the album launch party on Saturday 20th October 2007 at The Island, Hungerford Lane, London WC2N from 10.00 p.m. until 6.00 a.m. where Nicky Holloway and myself are joined by some special guests at only £15 on the door. For advance tickets at £12.50 each please contact theisland@wearebeautiful.co.uk. See you on the dancefloor! Much love
    Danny Rampling

Advertisement