Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

all irish gamers!!!

• 10-10-2007 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

im in the process of building a clan - eire only - give me a couple of names you think wud be cool for an ireland based clan.The sites being built right now- we are hoping for massive support from irish gamers.send back your ideas on names so- If ur in a clan and arent happy or your looking for a strong gaming community that offers information, forums, reviews and of course gaming buddies of all types-FPS-RTS-XBLA register your interest by messaging IrishClanTags or IrishRecruits on xboxlive now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

What about FCX - Fóras Cosanta Xbox..? Although that would imply we are a pseudo-army, and would only appear if the real army were unavailable due to, oh I dunno, all their mothers calling them all in for dinner at the same time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 irishrecruits

they were good ideas- but we have sorted it out now- thanks, it will be,
    cwf clan http://celticwarfighters.com

ok- we have our domain, the address is- http://celticwarfighters.com we will be updating it over the next few days.

PS: the domain will take 48hrs to come online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Wow, how original of you.
    Lets make an all Irish clan like for instance, Celtic Snipers, and not only will we use the same idea as them, but we'll also rip off their name.
    There are also numerous other Irish only Xbox clans so what exactly do you offer that none of the rest do?

mcgovern wrote:
    Wow, how original of you.
    Lets make an all Irish clan like for instance, Celtic Snipers, and not only will we use the same idea as them, but we'll also rip off their name.
    There are also numerous other Irish only Xbox clans so what exactly do you offer that none of the rest do?
    i heard of celtic snipers- well we'll have a good clan running with only irish members- rules/meetups/ prizes/software/xboxlive points/ things like that... and a good staff, but atm we are still waitin on the domain to setup- were working on the site atm too, but we have members already... we will wait and see how we "compare" to the snipers! i can see ur with them then? how is it over there- when were big u can always drop over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Any clans playing halo 3? I'd like to get in on some of that.

yea most of my friends list are playing hal3- we'll still be playing it when we setup the clan! join us for the crack online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Hi, how old are your members? I wouldnt really be interested playing with a bunch of kids.

18-30 years old

i heard of celtic snipers- well we'll have a good clan running with only irish members- rules/meetups/ prizes/software/xboxlive points/ things like that... and a good staff, but atm we are still waitin on the domain to setup- were working on the site atm too, but we have members already... we will wait and see how we "compare" to the snipers! i can see ur with them then? how is it over there- when were big u can always drop over.

Well we are also Irish and over 18 only and been around for a good while.
    We do meetups and have prizes also
    We have had a member represent Ireland a few times recently (I'll let him post about it himself if he wants since he posts here), we are the reigning champions of numerous competitions and a previous OXM Clan of the month, so I think things are going well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

mcgovern wrote:
    I think things are going well.
    If things are going well, then you shouldn't need to hijack the OPs thread, and plug your own clan!

Unless you're afraid of a bit of competition. ;)

If things are going well, then you shouldn't need to hijack the OPs thread, and plug your own clan!

Unless you're afraid of a bit of competition. ;)

If he had just copied our clan almost exactly (e.g. Irish only, over 18, have meet-ups with prizes..) I probably would have just wished him luck, but ripping off our name as well is taking it a little far.

mcgovern wrote: »
    If he had just copied our clan almost exactly (e.g. Irish only, over 18, have meet-ups with prizes..) I probably would have just wished him luck, but ripping off our name as well is taking it a little far.
    hey listen man- i setup my site and i had no clue what celtic sniprers was- so im not copying u- if u have a problem just deal with it, what afraid of some compettion? well from what i have seen and heard from your members your not doing so well, a lttile bird told me some of your clan members are gona leave :) so maybe you should keep your members happy and not follow me around to other irish froms and replywith your spam... good luck please lock topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Grow up would ya. How is over 18 and having meet-ups copying. Its not even a rip off of your name anyway.

hey listen man- i setup my site and i had no clue what celtic sniprers was- so im not copying u- if u have a problem just deal with it, what afraid of some compettion? well from what i have seen and heard from your members your not doing so well, a lttile bird told me some of your clan members are gona leave :) so maybe you should keep your members happy and not follow me around to other irish froms and replywith your spam... good luck please lock topic.

Yes we are doing badly and some of our members are going to leave :rolleyes:
    If any clan members do I'll replace CS in my sig with your website, deal?

P.S. You said in the other thread that you knew of us, so why pretending not to now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

:rolleyes: @ that post.

you don't own the name Celtic , if he had called his clan Celtic Sniipers then you would be right to be pissed but he called it celticwarfighters .

get over it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

128338068283281250invisiblefist.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Why don't you's settle it with a clan match???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Why don't you's settle it with a clan match???
    Or maybe a dance off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Or maybe a dance off...

Ohhhh..........IT'S ON!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Didnt you say' if any one leaves you will replace your sig with CelticWarFighters?

:) StillWinters just signed up with me as a recruiter

gonna back out?

Stillwinter was never a full member of CS

Didnt you say' if any one leaves you will replace your sig with CelticWarFighters?

:) StillWinters just signed up with me as a recruiter

gonna back out?

Why would I need to back out? As Tank Top Fever said, StillWinter was never a a clan member of Celtic Snipers. :confused: I also very much doubt 4 clan members pm'ed you, unless it was regarding the security flaws in your website which we kindly pointed out to you so you could fix before someone wrecked it.

We also don't invite people contrary to what you said, we haven't actively recruited to my knowledge any time recently.

You got any other bs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

What's the deal with having to be Irish to join these clans? If someone isn't ( I am), will they be rejected because of that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

ah lads, will yiz grow up?

seriously proving the myths about clans, sure what does it matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

what a wonderfully pathetic thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

How sad all this talk about my clan is better than yours. It's been known that many people who come on to this site to spam their clans rarely ever come back because they lose existence within a couple of months.

Grow up the lot of ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Good luck with the clan guys!

If your looking for some good people to play with/against pop over to http://www.xbox360exile.com previously know as www.xbox360-Ireland.com some friendly people over there that will surely give you a few good games.

McGovern,
    The VERY FIRST item on your forums....

Want to join us? - does that mean for tea? or hand bag swapping?

then inside - 'from site member to full member - post your interest and we will vote' Blaze's post.

thats not BS man, fact.

as for the site, its been up for less than 2 days, its going to kick ass!

:D

Yes, if people come looking to join we tell them how they can go about applying. How is that recruiting? :confused:

Advertisement