Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Is component the same as YUV ..?

• 10-10-2007 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

according to Wikipedia it's not

But do you think it is in the tech specs on this AMP ??

Also how do you rate that amp ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

The quick answer is that it depends on what is meant by component video , its a much misused term and leads to confusion ,

Component video is video split into components , I suppose the most common versions are YUV and RGB , and heres the problem , YUV and RGB are definitely not the same , so if you see the term component video , it could mean either one of the two , you have to check if the two items you want to connect are using the same type of component video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

What Mathias said :) As regards the amp, I don't know that one, but my experience of Yamaha audio gear is that it's pretty darn good for the money - I doubt you'll be disappointed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

mathias wrote:
    The quick answer is that it depends on what is meant by component video , its a much misused term and leads to confusion ,

Component video is video split into components , I suppose the most common versions are YUV and RGB , and heres the problem , YUV and RGB are definitely not the same , so if you see the term component video , it could mean either one of the two , you have to check if the two items you want to connect are using the same type of component video.

Ok..

My TV takes 6 leads and it's either YPbPr or YCbCr - will have to look it up tonight, looking at the specs on that amp is it possible to tell if it's compatible without more information.

Also I always thought that RGB referred to composite not component.

Advertisement