Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Name spelt wrong on fixed penalty point charge offence

Options
  • 10-10-2007 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Do I have to pay the fine and take the points, because technically it is not me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Here we go again...

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Do I have to pay the fine and take the points, because technically it is not me.
    Run for cover!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The general consensus is that if the gardai can't change it to your name/address/etc. then it will eventually end up in court where the judge will ask you if it was actually you and then he rewards you honesty with 4 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

kbannon wrote:
    The general consensus is that if the gardai can't change it to your name/address/etc. then it will eventually end up in court where the judge will ask you if it was actually you and then he rewards you honesty with 4 points.

throw it in the bin, if any questions come up say you never got it.
    If its addressed incorrectly then you can contest it would not have been delivered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭dmck2886

I got a ticket a few years back, i was working on a site and was sent the shop got caught in bus lane at 9.55 but the gaurd wrote 8.55 on the ticket, i just payed it even tough i was in work at 8.55, no point in making an issue about it if ur caught ur caught

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

I think it was his name that was spelty wrong not his address and by throwing it in the bin does not means it goes away. Would that work with my ESB, Gas, Motor Tax and other bills as well, I think not. If it goes to summons it will be served on you so you take the risk but could end up alot worse

Advertisement