Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone attacks

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

erm... i only heard about this the tuesday, i was walking back from karma and i saw two people jostling near the bridge, but couldnt make them out... didnt take any heed of it.... maybe i should have, just slipped my mind till i was told the tuesday night that there was an attack the night before...

Well, if you have the slightest inkling that you saw anything, its your moral duty to inform the guards. It may probably be insignificant and unrelated, but theres always a chance it may not be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭coillcam

It's pretty fúcking disturbing at this rate. I really hope the attacker doesn't feel the need to visit Mullingar anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭_feedback_

http://www.irishnews.com/break.asp?tbrk=brk&par=brk&catid=5834&subcatid=642&storyid=378470
    NEWS: Woman taken to hospital after Athlone attackview list
    20/09/08

Gardaí are investigating an attack on a woman in Athlone.

The incident happened at around 5am today, in the Hallsbridge area.

The 28-year-old woman was taken to the Midlands regional hospital and treated for minor injuries.

She has since been released from hospital and gardaí are investigating the incident.

I was away at the weekend and only heard about this now. It was the other end of town but people here in work saying the Sunday papers said the guards are investigating a link between this and the other attacks. Possible that the railway line is what he is using to make his escape.

Somebody has to have an idea who is responsible for this, and they need to come forward before the fu<ker goes a step too far.

coillcam wrote: »
    It's pretty fúcking disturbing at this rate. I really hope the attacker doesn't feel the need to visit Mullingar anytime soon.

If he's a foreign national (as claimed), it's more likely that he'll go "home" and continue his evil ways there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 polly*

The attack happened in the batteries at like 6am on sat morning a guy here read in this morn's paper that some women was walking to the shop (wtf ????) and she walked by a guy in a pub car park and when she was on her way back he was gone but then he came up behind her and he tried to grabbed her and threw her over the wall and tried to get on top of her but she fought back and he ran off . Have to say i felt a little safer when all this was happening the far side of town but i walk around there in the evenings alone with my ipod...scary! Sick sick psycho. Hope he is caught before this happens again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭_feedback_

polly* wrote: »
    The attack happened in the batteries at like 6am on sat morning a guy here read in this morn's paper that some women was walking to the shop (wtf ????) and she walked by a guy in a pub car park and when she was on her way back he was gone but then he came up behind her and he tried to grabbed her and threw her over the wall and tried to get on top of her but she fought back and he ran off . Have to say i felt a little safer when all this was happening the far side of town but i walk around there in the evenings alone with my ipod...scary! Sick sick psycho. Hope he is caught before this happens again!

Listening to RTE radio news at lunchtime and the mother of the latest victim said that he waould have bad bruising to his face today, so she must have fought back pretty hard! Fareplay. The Sergeant from Athlone will be on 'Crimecall' tomorrow night too.

If everyone keeps getting away from the guy, he can't be that smart. Fingers crossed something will come up with the CCTV on the railway lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭coillcam

The powers that be really have to consider setting up a few traps or "bait" for this evil cúnt as they are simply not doing enough. Crime is one thing but anything along these lines just makes my blood boil. I'd love to see this guy locked up and sodomised at least every second hour while he's there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Listening to the news on the radio yesterday where the Gardai announced their latest tactic to catch the "Athlone Attacker" ...

They have made an appeal for the attacker to come forward and hand himself in.

<Chief Clancy Wiggum>Nice work boys</Chief Clancy Wiggum >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Mel, are you surprised?

image001.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

"Bake him away, toys."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Danny_B wrote: »
    another attack last night???? didnt hear about it? was it in the same place?

and that f**k*r should be castrated or have his fingernails pulled off with a pliers or if thats not punishment enough stick him in a jail where he will be raped and sodomised for life!

Yeah, that'll show him that he's bad and we're good, because we only torture people when we have a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

Perhaps they should stick him in here:
    oz4za9.jpg

Anyone catch the piece on last nights Prime Time about the attacker?
    Only caught the tail end of it but it was hardly ground breaking news ... An expert from Northampton declared ... "he attacks from behind to hide his identidy" ... No shít Sherlock!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Edible

Came across a psychotic foreign national with a butcher knife near a train station in Dublin last weekend, rang the guards and they did nothing (had to let him go because they couldn't find the knife). only heard about this athlone attacker on tuesday. Saw the photo fit and it looks really like him. Should I ring the guards again?

I'm sure they will appreciate any potential info cos they seem all out of ideas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 jasonpbmw

gardai in athlone are useless ***** that dont know their job, as i know from first hand experience

Advertisement