Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

nissan patrol new now €48k

Options
  • 10-10-2007 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

nissan have reduced the prices on the passenger top spec patrols from €64k to €48k.. they are selling off patrol stock at this price, as they are not replacing the patrol... so im told.. as the patrol is now end of life in Ireland...

good saving... but i rekon existing patrols where people paid €64k for them new will take a huge drop in value..!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

Thats an interesting one! Do you reckon that Nissan are making a loss at that price or was there just a MASSIVE mark up on the patrols to begin with?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

farva wrote:
    Thats an interesting one! Do you reckon that Nissan are making a loss at that price or was there just a MASSIVE mark up on the patrols to begin with?

Massive mark up I reckon. They did a similar thing with the Pathfinder in 2006. Took €8,000 off the list price and stuck "XTREME" stickers on the side.

I've always fancied a Patrol due to the imposing presence of them, but apparently they are a pig to drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

what_car wrote:
    nissan have reduced the prices on the passenger top spec patrols from €64k to €48k.. they are selling off patrol stock at this price, as they are not replacing the patrol... so im told.. as the patrol is now end of life in Ireland...

good saving... but i rekon existing patrols where people paid €64k for them new will take a huge drop in value..!

you can buy one for €46k cash!!

i think nissan did some deal with revenue on the VRT side, as they have to be registered in '07..

id rekon they are paring back the margins to shift these.. but they are a great 4x4.. the UN have bucket loads of them as do the Irish Army.,.

they are not bad to drive, i have driven my sisters one loads of times and its very, solid, im thinking of buying one myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 E003YRJ

i've seen them at this before...terrible for the market.. dropping a new car price in those kind of leaps is so bad for current owners..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 E003YRJ

oh and d patrol is just a boat on wheels 2 drive!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Decent jeep for off road and towing, pretty poor as an on road car. Also, safety is not great. See here
    http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/vehicles/ancap/nissan/patrol-2004.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

E003YRJ wrote:
    i've seen them at this before...terrible for the market.. dropping a new car price in those kind of leaps is so bad for current owners..
    ...and so good for new ones. It's only terrible for the market if you're selling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

oh that's nice !! though i know someone who was gonna buy of these but bought a range rover instead.

i knew that was a stupid choice :)

E003YRJ wrote:

there are a few patrols new 07 registered ones for sale with like 100km on them or something like that ...

by all accounts they are a good bus.. and i quite like them to drive.. the thing is , i rekon that they will depreciate quite quickly now, and bargains will be available second hand,, then again, the budget might increase road tax, etc etc who knows....

• Advertisement
Advertisement