Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Look at the state of this antenna

Options
  • 10-10-2007 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Have Irish Broadband breeze 2mb for the last few months with no problems.Started lighting the fire in the evenings the last week due to the old chill arriving.Looked up at antenna and its turning black from the smoke.
    Rang IBB and was told this was fine!

004.JPG

005.JPG

I wouldnt think its fine at all.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

While smoke may not be a major issue, heat could be I'd imagine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Cabaal wrote:
    While smoke may not be a major issue, heat could be I'd imagine :)

Well thats what i mean!I was told by the nice Asian man in IBB that they are made to be installed on chimneys:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I don't think the heat will be a major issue unless you have a chimney fire, then the aeriel will be the least of your worries.

The smoke won't cause a major problem either but what will happen over time is that your brackets and the pole itself will corrode due to the acidity of the smoke and rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Avns1s wrote:
    I don't think the heat will be a major issue unless you have a chimney fire, then the aeriel will be the least of your worries.

The smoke won't cause a major problem either but what will happen over time is that your brackets and the pole itself will corrode due to the acidity of the smoke and rain.

If you can get a power washer near it, you should be able to get most of it off periodically.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Bros123 wrote:
    Well thats what i mean!I was told by the nice Asian man in IBB that they are made to be installed on chimneys:rolleyes:
    I'm sure the fact that the tech was Asian is a very important detail here.

• Advertisement

CuLT wrote:
    I'm sure the fact that the tech was Asian is a very important detail here.
    As a great fan of call centers i always have a big smile when i get past the computerised voice to hear the Bangladesh lilt:) It usually means i get to spend an extra 15 minutes on the phone when i could be doing other things(like getting strange looks off the neighbours as i photograph my roof) and as i work with people from India who themselves have told me THEY get frustrated when they have to deal with call centers it says it all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Bros123 wrote:
    As a great fan of call centers i always have a big smile when i get past the computerised voice to hear the Bangladesh lilt:) It usually means i get to spend an extra 15 minutes on the phone when i could be doing other things(like getting strange looks off the neighbours as i photograph my roof) and as i work with people from India who themselves have told me THEY get frustrated when they have to deal with call centers it says it all.

a person with perfect english and no accent can still be thick and not be any help to you :)

Cabaal wrote:
    a person with perfect english and no accent can still be thick and not be any help to you :)

Could not agree with you more,have had the pleasure of dealing with lots of those people too!

Advertisement