Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do i have any rights?

• 10-10-2007 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wanted a bit of advice. I was seeing my ex boyfriend for seven years. For the first three years i was renting my own place and he was living with his parents. In the fourth year we were renting a place in Ranelagh and paying 50/50. At this stage after careful planning and budgeting as a couple it was decidedi would go back to college full time. We were being fleeced on rent for the apartment in Ranelagh so my ex decided he wanted to buy. I made it clear that no bank would look at me for a mortgage. He made it pretty clear that he was going to do this and would have no problem getting a mortgage, as he works in IT and is very well paid and his dad is highly connected in a major bank. He offered that i should live in the new house rent free for the duration of my course and then when i was finished and got a full time job that i would go in on the mortgage oficially. It would not be my house yet but it would be my home. So i agreed.
    I lived there for three years. I worked nights with a charity so i would have my own money as little as it was and paid towards bills and food. The ESB bill and the TV license were in my name for the entire three years. two months ago he broke up with me saying he didn't want marriage and children with me but wanted to find the woman he did want them with. He offered me the spare room in the house, but he didn't clarify if this was to be rented or rent free. However living in the spare room and watching him go on the pull would kill me after seven years so i moved out. There has been very little contact since then.
    Mt question is this. Many people have said to me that i am entitled to a share in the house because i lived there for so long. Then others are saying because all my contributions were made in cash and i have no proof of contributing anything like cheque stubs standing orders on a bank statement etc. i'm entitled to nothing. I wasn't going to pursue this, but i've had to drop out of the final year of my degree to get a full time job to pay the massive Dublin rents as my night job won't cover it. The night job was in the career area that i wanted to get in to after my degree but now i have to back to working in admin again so really im right back to where i was three years ago. To say i'm feeling hard done by is an understatement. So do i have any rights?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

The tv licence. ?? Well you should get the TV, heh!

On a serious note! He made a mistake and he has made it rashly ending a relationship with a lovey girl and potential life partner or even soul mate.His mistake and apparently his mortgage and his debt.
    What did you study out of interest.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Mazeire

pirelli wrote:
    The tv licence. ??

Yes. Why the confusion?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Please read the forum charter and stickies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement