Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Troubles with Pixmania

Options
  • 10-10-2007 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Has anyone else had much trouble with customer services in Pixmania?

I bought a surround system off them on the 23rd of August, got it delivered 2 weeks later (not 2-3 working days as promised) then I returned it within 7 days of it being delivered as it was faulty - a time period which should have meant it was automatically replaced with a new one. Sent it off and they confirmed receipt of it. It is now almost 7 weeks later and they're telling us it's going to be 40 days in repair????
    They've been promising for the last 2 weeks that it'll be out nextdaydelivery and all that but it's been a no show. They won't allow us to speak to a manager there. 9 out of 10 calls we make to them go through to Sales and they say they can't help so we have to call back again. It's cost us a fortune.

Anyone been able to jump this hurdle with them???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

A friend of mine had to send a camera back to them for repair and was waiting about 6 months before he got it back. This was after endless emails. In the end I suggested he contact Watchdog from PC Pro magazine. Not sure if this made any difference or not but he did get it sorted shortly after. On another matter he ordered 2 USB keys and never got them at all. Personally I never had a problem with them but I have stopped ordering off them as a result of seeing a lot of problems people have reported about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

mordeith wrote: »
    A friend of mine had to send a camera back to them for repair and was waiting about 6 months before he got it back. This was after endless emails. In the end I suggested he contact Watchdog from PC Pro magazine. Not sure if this made any difference or not but he did get it sorted shortly after. On another matter he ordered 2 USB keys and never got them at all. Personally I never had a problem with them but I have stopped ordering off them as a result of seeing a lot of problems people have reported about them.

Similar experience, but my work colleague spent 9 months trying to get hi mp3 player repaired.

Although I've used them several time problem-free after witnessing his experience (overhearing the many phone calls to them!), I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Get onto every consumer group you can (my work colleague was talking to some European one) and keep putting pressure on them. I'm sure if you can search around, you might be able to get the name or email address for the head of customer care and deal with them directly.

Keep up the pressure and don't surrender:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

As posted in the other thread:-

AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!

OMG, I really don't want to get into the whoel story because it makes my blood boil at this stage, but I will NEVER EVER use them again, & because of my pain, I've been doing some research on their success rate & there are SO many nightmare stories, that it's really really hit & miss with them.
    Oh, I hate them SO much!!!!!

Bought TV. Paid TV. They shipped TV, but never actually did.
    Wouldn't bother to tell me anything. I had to keep getting onto the courier who actually found out everything for me.
    Opened lost parcel investigation, but never bothered to investigate anything.
    At end of investigation, asked me if I was sending the item back!!!!
    Asked for refund.
    Tried to give me €200 less.
    I not so politely said no.
    Waited a few weeks for my refund. A manager was supposed to contact me
    Nothing.
    Then get an email saying my item was shipped.
    I had already purchased another elsewhere in the meantime, so I was enraged.
    Said nothing they could do cos already shipped.
    Not ONCE did they contact me. I had to do all the phoning, each time getting a different person who knew nothing of my case.
    No apology.
    TV arrived.
    I honestly couldn't face sending it back, them telling me not received & waiting months for a refund.
    I kept it & am selling it to a family member.
    That all took well over a month.

Never again.
    Please pay a little extra somewhere else for a more guaranteed service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

BoozyBabe wrote: »
    As posted in the other thread:-

AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!

OMG, I really don't want to get into the whoel story because it makes my blood boil at this stage, but I will NEVER EVER use them again, & because of my pain, I've been doing some research on their success rate & there are SO many nightmare stories, that it's really really hit & miss with them.
    Oh, I hate them SO much!!!!!

Bought TV. Paid TV. They shipped TV, but never actually did.
    Wouldn't bother to tell me anything. I had to keep getting onto the courier who actually found out everything for me.
    Opened lost parcel investigation, but never bothered to investigate anything.
    At end of investigation, asked me if I was sending the item back!!!!
    Asked for refund.
    Tried to give me €200 less.
    I not so politely said no.
    Waited a few weeks for my refund. A manager was supposed to contact me
    Nothing.
    Then get an email saying my item was shipped.
    I had already purchased another elsewhere in the meantime, so I was enraged.
    Said nothing they could do cos already shipped.
    Not ONCE did they contact me. I had to do all the phoning, each time getting a different person who knew nothing of my case.
    No apology.
    TV arrived.
    I honestly couldn't face sending it back, them telling me not received & waiting months for a refund.
    I kept it & am selling it to a family member.
    That all took well over a month.

Never again.
    Please pay a little extra somewhere else for a more guaranteed service

Copy pasta? Thats the sign of a troll.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Why would someone troll about pixmania for god's sake?

• Advertisement

dahamsta wrote: »
    Why would someone troll about pixmania for god's sake?

Its beyond me to be honest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

lol I'm pretty sure I read BoozyBabe's negative feedback comment on pixmania's eBay shop. They don't even have the balls to neg her back, just post an apparant lie and make everything look rosy.
    [edit] Also, how in the f*ck is any of that trolling? Get a grip...

Never had a problem with them myself but have avoided using them since DSG took them over and they seemingly went from bad to worse...shame, becuase they do stock some items/models that aren't sold here or in the UK and prices are usually the best...

Wertz wrote: »
    lol I'm pretty sure I read BoozyBabe's negative feedback comment on pixmania's eBay shop. They don't even have the balls to neg her back, just post an apparant lie and make everything look rosy.
    [edit] Also, how in the f*ck is any of that trolling? Get a grip...

Never had a problem with them myself but have avoided using them since DSG took them over and they seemingly went from bad to worse...shame, becuase they do stock some items/models that aren't sold here or in the UK and prices are usually the best...

Trolling, lets see... Well she posted the same poorly written comment on two different threads here that I know of and you just said that she posted the same thing on their ebay shop too. She made an account just so she can post said comments. Thats trolling. Its not exactly one of the worst but still a troll.

WTF? She's been a member here over a year longer than you and you're saying she's some kind of anti-shill?
    Her eBay account was opened in Jan 05 and has been consistently used so that wasn't set up solely to discredit pixmania.
    What's wrong with copy/pasting a post from another thread if it saves you time typing it all out? What's wrong with complaining about what are apparently a very poorly run major retailer?
    So she has an axe to grind and isn't very eloquent about putting it into print....so the f*ck what? Describes half the posters on this site really...

Also go and look up trolling, since you don't seem to have any grasp on the basic concept of what it in fact is...
    It's pretty hard to illicit an emotional response from people about something as mundane as an internet transaction gone pear-shaped.
    If anything in all of this, you're the only one doing any semblance of trolling in this thread....posting poorly thought out or inaccurate comments that are begging to be replied to....keep it up, I can feed you all day.

Copy pasta? Thats the sign of a troll.

What a fcuking muppet!!!

Didn't you read the very 1st line of my post where I actually SAID I copied it from another reply I'd just written.

Yes, I'm a troll, I've nothing better to do in my life than to make up a negative story about an online store!

How could anyone even think that!!

Yes, that's the experience I had with them.
    Oh & yes, that was my negative feedback!!! :D

They emailed me telling me it was really unfair & to remove it. They were soon told why it was COMPLETELY fair.

They offered free delivery on my next order!!!
    What order would that be.
    It'll never happen again.
    They just about managed to deliver the 1st (& only) order.

Now AngryMan, go get a life & stop assuming everyone else here is as sad as you.

• Advertisement

BTW I'm not e-stalking you...I happened to be trawling through pixmania's feedback looking for end prices on an item I'm looking to buy and saw your "€200, lost telly" comment and just followed the links...

¬¬

Go on, admit it!
    You're an e-stalker!!!

I'm quite honoured that you find me interesting enough to stalk me!! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Copy Pasta is yummy btw. I heart Copy Pasta Carbonara.

Wertz wrote: »
    WTF? She's been a member here over a year longer than you and you're saying she's some kind of anti-shill?
    Her eBay account was opened in Jan 05 and has been consistently used so that wasn't set up solely to discredit pixmania.
    What's wrong with copy/pasting a post from another thread if it saves you time typing it all out? What's wrong with complaining about what are apparently a very poorly run major retailer?
    So she has an axe to grind and isn't very eloquent about putting it into print....so the f*ck what? Describes half the posters on this site really...

Also go and look up trolling, since you don't seem to have any grasp on the basic concept of what it in fact is...
    It's pretty hard to illicit an emotional response from people about something as mundane as an internet transaction gone pear-shaped.
    If anything in all of this, you're the only one doing any semblance of trolling in this thread....posting poorly thought out or inaccurate comments that are begging to be replied to....keep it up, I can feed you all day.

Why all the anger? I merely pointed out what I observed. You seem very defensive of this person and know a lot about her/him.

What a fcuking muppet!!!

Didn't you read the very 1st line of my post where I actually SAID I copied it from another reply I'd just written.

Yes, I'm a troll, I've nothing better to do in my life than to make up a negative story about an online store!

How could anyone even think that!!

Yes, that's the experience I had with them.
    Oh & yes, that was my negative feedback!!! :D

They emailed me telling me it was really unfair & to remove it. They were soon told why it was COMPLETELY fair.

They offered free delivery on my next order!!!
    What order would that be.
    It'll never happen again.
    They just about managed to deliver the 1st (& only) order.

Now AngryMan, go get a life & stop assuming everyone else here is as sad as you.

You go around pasting in a poorly written response to websites. Yeah, I need a life...

Why all the anger? I merely pointed out what I observed. You seem very defensive of this person and know a lot about her/him.

No anger, sorry if that's what you take out of it.
    It's exasperation.

Your powers of observation seemingly need spectacles

I only know what a small bit of URL hopping tells me about the user you're calling a troll and I'm going to her defence because I happened to be in the thread and I don't like people being wrongly accused of something...

Your continued challenging responses to my defensive posts actually make me think that you're the troll here and like I said, I can feed you all day.
    But as it's dragging the thread waay OT, you can take it to the thunderdome or somewhere more apt if you so wish...

You go around pasting in a poorly written response to websites. Yeah, I need a life...

Obviously!!! :rolleyes:

Seeing as your so fast to make assumptions, I'll make one too.

The only reason why I can see this got to you so much is that you actually work for Pixmania!!

Far fetched???? Probably!! Just as far fetched as me beinga troll is.
    Move on will you, this is tiring.

In a society of free speech, if I want to come on here & tell the readers of my experience I can, & that should be without muppets like you who've just heard of the term 'Troll' coming on & splashing the word around everywhere.

Now, if you still have a problem with me, or my post, PM me.

This is a thread about Pixmania, not a thread on your poor observational skills

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Pixmania do not ahve the best customer service at times. As someone pointed out it is hit and miss.

Always make sure you pay with credit card as it means you can charge back.
    Always test out the item recieved straight away once recieved so that it can be sent back straight away.
    There was a way of signing for goods received by a courier as not having been checked for damage - does anyone know what this is as I cannot remember?

OP: Have you tried contacting your credit card company for a backcharge? I believe they can do this after 30 days and if the goods are not with you. You sent back the goods within the cooling off period.

BoozyBabe: Why didnt you charge back your credit card after 30 days to avoid any hassle? The onus would have been on the seller to prove you had received the goods.

axer wrote: »
    BoozyBabe: Why didnt you charge back your credit card after 30 days to avoid any hassle? The onus would have been on the seller to prove you had received the goods.

I contacted them before the 30 days, as I wasn't sure on the proceedure.
    They explained I'd have to wait for the 30 days to be up, & then I had to prove I did not receive the item.

Before the 30 days were up, Pixmania had stated a refund would be issued, but tried to issue €200 less than I'd paid, so I said there was no way I would accept that. One of their supervisors was to contact me.

I issued a PayPal claim, & was happy to let them deal with the issue. That was progressing nicely I felt, so unless that failed, I decided to hold off on the charge back route. Then, while waiting for 2 weeks for the supervisor to supposedly contact me, I got an email to say that my item which I was told was lost, was now on it's way.

They're just completely clueless!

They explained I'd have to wait for the 30 days to be up, & then I had to prove I did not receive the item.
    I somehow doubt that - how can someone prove they haven't received something?

I have back charged twice before and everytime I just had to ring up and say I hadnt received the item. I told them the date ordered and they sent it off to disputes which had the credit back in my account by the end of the day.

Incidently one of those times I back charged involved a digi camera order from pixmania that DHL had managed to lose (of course that is not pixmania's fault). Instead of waiting for DHL to do their own investigation I charged back and let pixmania deal with it as I would never rely on someone else to sort it out when I can get my money back instantly. Are you sure that it was pixmania that fu'cked up and not the courier? - did u receive a tracking number?

Yes, that's what the girl for the Credit card said. She asked had I emails etc, that would state I'd never received the item.

An investigation into where my package was only happened because I kept phoning the courier to ask if they'd received it yet. They hadn't, so they contacted Pixmania to see what the hold up was.

Yes, I was given a Tracking number, but was told by the Courier that it wasn't a legit number & would get held up in their warehouse, were they ever to actually receive the package.

Sure enough, when the item eventually did arrive with me, it had a different sort of tracking number on it.

The courier could answer any question posed to them, Pixmania barely knew what day of the week it was!

In saying all that:- When the item arrived it's actually in great condition, can't fault that. & when they eventually DID ship out the item, it arrived in 5 days (i think), so no prob their either.

The prob was, that the TV was a b'day present & taking well over a month to deliver is completely unacceptable.
    & because of that, I had to purchase another TV elsewhere.
    My last communication with them stated that the only thing left they could do was to issue a refund. Fine, (provided it was for the correct amount), but then they decided to change their mind & without consulting me at all, shipped out an unwanted TV.

• Advertisement

Yes, that's what the girl for the Credit card said. She asked had I emails etc, that would state I'd never received the item.

An investigation into where my package was only happened because I kept phoning the courier to ask if they'd received it yet. They hadn't, so they contacted Pixmania to see what the hold up was.

Yes, I was given a Tracking number, but was told by the Courier that it wasn't a legit number & would get held up in their warehouse, were they ever to actually receive the package.

Sure enough, when the item eventually did arrive with me, it had a different sort of tracking number on it.

The courier could answer any question posed to them, Pixmania barely knew what day of the week it was!

In saying all that:- When the item arrived it's actually in great condition, can't fault that. & when they eventually DID ship out the item, it arrived in 5 days (i think), so no prob their either.

The prob was, that the TV was a b'day present & taking well over a month to deliver is completely unacceptable.
    & because of that, I had to purchase another TV elsewhere.
    My last communication with them stated that the only thing left they could do was to issue a refund. Fine, (provided it was for the correct amount), but then they decided to change their mind & without consulting me at all, shipped out an unwanted TV.
    You do realise after all that you had a cooling off period of 7days from the date you received the goods to just simply change your mind and send the goods back OR you could have just refused to accept the goods which would mean it would be sent back to pixmania (at no cost to you) and you could then request a refund or back charge your card.

Either way you did have options - however I won't deny that pixmania's customer service is very hit and miss.

axer wrote: »
    You do realise after all that you had a cooling off period of 7days from the date you received the goods to just simply change your mind and send the goods back OR you could have just refused to accept the goods which would mean it would be sent back to pixmania (at no cost to you) and you could then request a refund or back charge your card.

Either way you did have options - however I won't deny that pixmania's customer service is very hit and miss.

Yes, indeed I did!
    It took SO long to actually GET the thing, can you imagine how long it would have been for them to realise they'd actually received the item back, realise that it was a non-acceptance of delivery, & therefore their cost, for them to realise that €200 less than what I paid for the item was not acceptable as a refund, & for them then to issue the proper refund!!

I've read SO many horror stories that I did NOT want to go down that route. I'd had enough.

Plus, due to hearing my ongoing story, several family members expressed an interest in the TV, so this seemed like the easier option, by far, so that's what I went with.

Yes, indeed I did!
    It took SO long to actually GET the thing, can you imagine how long it would have been for them to realise they'd actually received the item back, realise that it was a non-acceptance of delivery, & therefore their cost, for them to realise that €200 less than what I paid for the item was not acceptable as a refund, & for them then to issue the proper refund!!
    The courier would be the ones recording that the package arrived back with pixmania not pixmania themselves - then you could have backcharged and got the full amount back - pixmania would not have to realise anything. Just something to remember the next time you order from someone online.

Sorry OP for going on a tangent.

Chargeback is fine, but is it not a little more complicated trying to chargeback through paypal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Just wondering, does Pixmania have an email address, or do you always go through the online form and then get an email from "no-reply@pixmania" ?

I have a slight problem, ordered a monitor off them and it has a dead pixel in the center of the screen, it's been there since day one. Not a major problem, but it's considered faulty and I would prefer a problem-free monitor. Contacted them, and they're asking me to send it to France, actually gave me two different addresses to post it to, and asking me to sign some form.

I've filled out the web form again asking them to arrange collection. I can't wait to see how well that's gonna go :)

All I know is that I don't want to be 2 months without a PC because they can't find the package, or are sending it to be repaired or whatnot.

And I prefer to have a proof of emails etc, rather than filling out web forms. Tempted to call them but I guess I need to set aside a bit more time for that!

Advertisement