Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Tigeress wrote: »
    Ladies I was wondering if anyone else has gone through a crazy hunger phase? I'm starving all the time lol! I can't seem to get full at the mo, it only started a few days ago but even after eating a good size dinner I'm hungry within 10 mins again! I'm trying to eat healthily with fruit & veg but it's just not satisfing me.. Anywho that's my hungry rant over with! Hope you are all having a good Monday :)

I am STARVING! I could eat and eat and eat and i dont seem to feel full. its unreal. i dont eat and eat tho i just have a bigger portion!:rolleyes: im not being too bad i think.

i just made buns. mmmm. :) now i dont know how to stop myself from eating them. :eek:

Hehe can I have some? My OH arrived home with a giant bar of choc for me today :) nom nom nom

Ms2011 wrote: »
    MS you got some amazing bargains! I wouldn't have passed them at those prices either! How's everything going for you? Wow 9 weeks already :) have you told your family yet?

Yep 10 weeks on Friday (not that I'm counting :p), time is just flying since I finished work. When I was in work time was dragging by as I felt like I was just watching the clock until I could go home cos I was so sick but now that I'm at home I can eat what I want, when I want and rest when I need to so I find that is really helping me feel better and time is going so much quicker :)
    We told our families last week after I had my early scan. We got the scan so my OH could tell his older sister before she flew home (she lives aboard) but when we called to tell her his mum and 2 other sisters were there so we ended up telling everyone, the cat's out of the bag now and it feels great :)
    I can't believe you've only 16 weeks left to go, I still remember you annoucing your BFP on the TTC thread, I'd say you can't wait to see your little one, not long now!!!:)

Hehe I do be like that everyweek! One less week so see my baba! Glad you're enjoying the preg & getting lots of relaxing time at home! How are you feeling? I'd love to be at home.. Counting down the weeks till my maternity leave :) I'm standing all day (work in retail) & I have to say it's getting harder as the weeks go on.. I guess 16 weeks isn't that far away :) it still seems like ages for me but I know it's getting there! Baba is a right little wiggler hehe. That's great that you've told everyone! We waited till 12 weeks and I was going mad!!
    Yeah can't wait to meet this little one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Twinkleboots

I hope you meet your baby soon Twinkleboots...have they talked about inducing or anything yet?

I had my lil baby boy exactly an hour after you posted this Hannibal @10.58 on the 24th...that's mad!:D

Lil Joshua was 6'12.... This has been the best week ever I'm madly in love with him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ChattyChick

I had my lil baby boy exactly an hour after you posted this Hannibal @10.58 on the 24th...that's mad!:D

Lil Joshua was 6'12.... This has been the best week ever I'm madly in love with him :D

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

omg I'm like the Baby Whisperer! :eek: Come to me and I'll wish all your babies out :D

Congratulations Twinkleboots, Joshua's a gorgeous name and a very considerate weight too...good boy! And well done mum. Hope you're both doing well xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 ChattyChick

omg I'm like the Baby Whisperer! :eek: Come to me and I'll wish all your babies out :D

Congratulations Twinkleboots, Joshua's a gorgeous name and a very considerate weight too...good boy! And well done mum. Hope you're both doing well xx

:D:D Haha! I can see myself looking for your services come Jan/Feb!!

:D:D Haha! I can see myself looking for your services come Jan/Feb!!

haahaa I'm not sure I can promote my new business in here....but pm me...I'll see what I can do ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Congrats twinkleboots, lovely that your little man has arrived safe and well...enjoy him!

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow, so Hannibal...do your thang...I am ready..!!!! After Thursday maybe, my little boy is starting school...

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Well best of luck to everyone here expecting. The wife just gave birth a few weeks back to our second child (boy). All going well. Such a wonderful time for the whole family....oh and congrats to Twinkleboots too!

KayTee wrote: »
    Congrats twinkleboots, lovely that your little man has arrived safe and well...enjoy him!

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow, so Hannibal...do your thang...I am ready..!!!! After Thursday maybe, my little boy is starting school...

haahaa Sorry Kaytee, my powers only appear to work after your due date :D But I'll wait till after Thurs and see what I can do ;)

Congratulations to you and your wife Derekon, hope everyone's doing well xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Quick question if you don't mind.

We've been told to go in next Wednesday for the 12 days overdue scan. Hopefully it won't get to there, but should we be going in with the overnight bag to that, or will they normally just scan and send us home?

Thanks in advance, forgot to ask at the hospital!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Congrats Twinkleboots, and derekon!

Feel sick as a dog this morning, thought I was finished with morning sickness :(. Absolutely wrecked tired too.

Hope it is just morning sickness and not food poisoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

congrats to the new mammies and daddies :)
    Anyone happen to know of an online store that does international delivery?
    I am looking for a moses basket but they don't seem to have heard of them here in Denmark :( eBay sellers only do UK delivery. Mothercare is also a UK only site, and we don't have an Argos here either :mad:

Sometimes I wish I was home in Ireland to have this baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplecat

Quick question if you don't mind.

We've been told to go in next Wednesday for the 12 days overdue scan. Hopefully it won't get to there, but should we be going in with the overnight bag to that, or will they normally just scan and send us home?

i would say have the bag packed and in boot of car just in case ! you never know, you could be kept in to see why junior doesn't want to pop out and say Hi!:D - good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplecat

I am looking for a moses basket but they don't seem to have heard of them here in Denmark :( eBay sellers only do UK delivery. Mothercare is also a UK only site, and we don't have an Argos here either :mad:

Try Amazon maybe they deliver to you. or mother care have a web page i think they deliver but I could be wrong :rolleyes:

What about amazon?

I know it's a bit early to be planning but I think I will be buying nappies etc on amazon.fr, cheaper than the supermarket!

I have the chance to get a second-hand pram and baby seat thing from a friend of the MIL for 40 euro! It's a lovely one and in good condition so definitely going to take it!

purplecat wrote: »
    Try Amazon maybe they deliver to you. or mother care have a web page i think they deliver but I could be wrong :rolleyes:

Snap! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

I'd gladly swap with you :p I'm just not used to the level of lack of care in Ireland, I must say...

Anyhoo - how far away are you from Germany? Cause I know for a fact they have Moses baskets over there in most of the baby shops, so if you're in mainland Denmark, you could pop across the border for a quick shopping trip ;-) Also, amazon.de will deliver to Denmark as far as I know!

Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Hehe I do be like that everyweek! One less week so see my baba! Glad you're enjoying the preg & getting lots of relaxing time at home! How are you feeling? I'd love to be at home.. Counting down the weeks till my maternity leave :) I'm standing all day (work in retail) & I have to say it's getting harder as the weeks go on.. I guess 16 weeks isn't that far away :) it still seems like ages for me but I know it's getting there! Baba is a right little wiggler hehe. That's great that you've told everyone! We waited till 12 weeks and I was going mad!!
    Yeah can't wait to meet this little one :)

Oh poor you standing all day that must be tough, I was sitting behind a computer for most of my day and that was hard enough :(
    I'm feeling ok, I don't have the all day sickness I had in the begining. I have some sickness during the day but it's mild enough to push it to the back of my mind, however by around sixish in the evening it gets worse and I'll usually be in bed for about nine just because I'm feeling rotten. However when I see my SIL I feel bad complaining, she has be in hospital with her sickness becasue she literally can't keep anything down not even water so all in all I'm not too bad :)

Crongratulations to all the new Mammys :) soo exciting!

I had a horrible day yest :( ended up having to go into hospital.. I had severe pains in my sides for 2 days & started bleeding, thankfully everything with out baby is perfect :) turns out I have a really bad thrush infection that's caused all the pain.. I've never suffered from it before & know it can be a side affect from being preg so hopefully it's a once off! I'm still very soar today & have to work tonight which I'm really not looking forward too :( I'd love to call in sick but I hate doing that as someone else then has to do a super long shift to cover me.. Hopefully I'll feel a little better by then!

• Advertisement

Crongratulations to all the new Mammys :) soo exciting!

I had a horrible day yest :( ended up having to go into hospital.. I had severe pains in my sides for 2 days & started bleeding, thankfully everything with out baby is perfect :) turns out I have a really bad thrush infection that's caused all the pain.. I've never suffered from it before & know it can be a side affect from being preg so hopefully it's a once off! I'm still very soar today & have to work tonight which I'm really not looking forward too :( I'd love to call in sick but I hate doing that as someone else then has to do a super long shift to cover me.. Hopefully I'll feel a little better by then!

Oh no. Hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Congrats Twinkleboots!!

So... Hannibal... can we talk business?! ;) 2 days overdue now, and miserable :(

+1 on the amazon suggestions as well!! I know (Thanks to Moonbeams post in the Infant and toddler bargains thread :D) that they're doing a baby event thing at the moment as well, so you might even get a bargain!

I reckon bring the bag just in case- at that many days overdue they'll prob be starting to think of induction and might keep you in seeing as you're there already :rolleyes:

okay Liliq....I hope you're ready for this....*breathes deep*

I hope you meet your baby soon Liliq xxxx

Have your waters broken yet?:P

Ok this is a stupid question but is something I have been wondering about. So when I say I'm 16 weeks pregnant, I'm repeating what the gyny explained, that it's 16 weeks since my last period (my boyfriend doesn't understand that logic at all but that's another story!). So here on this forum when you ladies say how many weeks you are, are you all using that system too?

:o It's my first pregnancy AND I have baby brain so excuse the silliness of this question!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Hi Ivy - took me a while to get my head around that one too but yeah, you count from the first day of your last period.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Right, so I'm over it. I am def pregnant. Not sick at all but in the past week, I've grown a huge bump. None of my jeans will fit, I had to go up to the attic and find a pair of maternity trousers. I ordered another pair today, you can never get into maternity clothes too early, why suffer.

Clothes for work are going to be harder. My uniform only bearly fitted me after maternity leave. Its guled to me now and I dont want to tell everyone until the 12 week scan, another 4 weeks at the least. Last time I was 13 weeks when I got the booking appointment.

But. still I was too late for Domino's.... I give up, I was 7 weeks this time when I called and they are full for 1 st week in April so I'm on a cancellation list.

Amazing how 2 pregnancys can be so different, I'm not sick at all, just dizzy if I dont eat every 4 hours.

First baby is 12 months in 2 weeks and have to find something to wear for her birthday, its a bit of a family bash. I dont know which is worse the fact no one has guessed or the fact I've put on 1 stone/ 2inches on my waist and none of my friends have commented.... to my face!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Killer headache for the third day running, broke down and took some Paracetamol even though I hate the idea of taking painkillers while pregnant. I must be mad thinking of just using gas and air for labour if I can't even handle a headache:(
    On a plus side though OH has been a star and has been taking good care of me, haven't had to lift a finger yet today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Killer headache for the third day running, broke down and took some Paracetamol even though I hate the idea of taking painkillers while pregnant. I must be mad thinking of just using gas and air for labour if I can't even handle a headache:(
    On a plus side though OH has been a star and has been taking good care of me, haven't had to lift a finger yet today :)

Sometimes putting up with the pain can do more harm than good.. the odd painkiller won't do harm ;) I'm allergic to paracetamol and nurofen is not advised during pregnancy anymore (although i was allowed to take it during the 2nd trimester with my 1st and 2nd girl :rolleyes:)
    when i was pregnant in 2009 i broke my toe at about 14 weeks.. it was so so very sore.. at about 24 weeks i asked in the hospital was there anything i could take as i still had problems with it.. they gave me zydol .. when i read the side effects i was shocked that i could take them and not take an ibuprophen. . everything from a rash to heartfailure to high or low blood pressure it was nuts :eek::D i didn't take any for fear :rolleyes: even the GP was surprised that i was given them. .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

okay Liliq....I hope you're ready for this....*breathes deep*

I hope you meet your baby soon Liliq xxxx

Have your waters broken yet?:P

I'm still here :rolleyes:
    Maybe I'm not overdue enough yet for you baby whispering talents to work!

• Advertisement

liliq wrote: »
    I'm still here :rolleyes:
    Maybe I'm not overdue enough yet for you baby whispering talents to work!

aww no :D

I really hope something starts soon...are you fed up now? :D

Advertisement