Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I woke up at about half 3 last night and i swear i thought i was in labour, cramping for ages :eek::eek: turns out it was wind :pac::pac: teach me to eat some cheese before bed :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Well I had the big end-the-first-trimester scan this morning. It's amazing how quickly the baby grows!

We found out the sex today, I'm going to have a little boy! It was fairly difficult for the doctor to see because the baby was crossing his legs and refused to move!

Also got the results of the Down Syndrome blood test, my chance is 1/10000 so not going to have to worry about that.

I am getting a bit of sciatica but otherwise I'm feeling really happy about this. :)

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Killer headache for the third day running, broke down and took some Paracetamol even though I hate the idea of taking painkillers while pregnant. I must be mad thinking of just using gas and air for labour if I can't even handle a headache:(
    On a plus side though OH has been a star and has been taking good care of me, haven't had to lift a finger yet today :)

I was worried about taking painkillers too but both my GP and my gyny said that paracetemol is ok. I actually have only taken a single 500mg tablet since the start of the pregnancy but it is reassuring to know I can take something if I have a headache (cos I'm generally prone to headaches and migraine).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Avril123

I am starting antenatal classes soon, the one for couples and my boyfriend works shift work so he is not sure he can come to al of them so can I still go to the classes on my own for couples or should I book into single ones? Is anyone strating classes soon as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Avril123 wrote: »
    I am starting antenatal classes soon, the one for couples and my boyfriend works shift work so he is not sure he can come to al of them so can I still go to the classes on my own for couples or should I book into single ones? Is anyone strating classes soon as well?

Thanks for the reminder! I've to book in today. I'm sure you can still go to the couple's one - the singles one is probably specifically for single parents. And they probably will even let you bring a friend or a sister or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Well I had the big end-the-first-trimester scan this morning. It's amazing how quickly the baby grows!

We found out the sex today, I'm going to have a little boy! It was fairly difficult for the doctor to see because the baby was crossing his legs and refused to move!

Also got the results of the Down Syndrome blood test, my chance is 1/10000 so not going to have to worry about that.

I am getting a bit of sciatica but otherwise I'm feeling really happy about this. :)

Congrats Ivy :) wow a little boy that's so exciting! I can't wait to find out myself, last time we went in theysaid cause they weren't 100% they wouldn't tell us :( back on 5th Oct so hopefully then :)

Tigeress wrote: »
    Congrats Ivy :) wow a little boy that's so exciting! I can't wait to find out myself, last time we went in theysaid cause they weren't 100% they wouldn't tell us :( back on 5th Oct so hopefully then :)

Oooh more suspense for you! Well the doctor said he wasn't 100% sure but he's "very very very very sure" and will confirm on the next visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplecat

I am starting my classes soon as well Avril123, also booked into the couples one, and I was told that if my OH cant come I can bring a friend, or my mum( not sure she would go she is over 70) or go on my own. not really problem, only doing a couple of the classes, as I am having elective section,

I am starting my classes soon as well Avril123, also booked into the couples one, and I was told that if my OH cant come I can bring a friend, or my mum( not sure she would go she is over 70) or go on my own. not really problem, only doing a couple of the classes, as I am having elective section,

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

congrats!! i have my 21 weeks scan on wed. not gona find out but cant wait!!!:D hopin everything will be fine. baby is a real wriggler when he/she is not being quiet and worrying me. some of the movements are so mad and intense i get a little worried. didnt know the feeling would be so 'out there'! can only imagine how much more strong they will get as the weeks fly by!! :)

How did you get the down syndrome test?
    not sure if i have sciatica but i have somethin! hopin aqua aerobics will help. gona say it to midwife too.

happy :D

• Advertisement

congrats!! i have my 21 weeks scan on wed. not gona find out but cant wait!!!:D hopin everything will be fine. baby is a real wriggler when he/she is not being quiet and worrying me. some of the movements are so mad and intense i get a little worried. didnt know the feeling would be so 'out there'! can only imagine how much more strong they will get as the weeks fly by!! :)

How did you get the down syndrome test?
    not sure if i have sciatica but i have somethin! hopin aqua aerobics will help. gona say it to midwife too.

happy :D

Oh you can feel the baby and everything! I don't think I have felt anything yet (I feel flutters, but that's only, ahem, when I have a bit of indigestion!). Can't wait to be sure of what I feel!

I got the down's test because I'm based in France and I'm with a private gynacologist. AFAIK they only do it in Ireland if you are in the at risk groups (over a certain age or something).

About the sciatica, the gyny said I should go to a physio so they can give me some exercise to do to strengthen my back muscles...aqua aerobics sounds more fun though!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Oh you can feel the baby and everything! I don't think I have felt anything yet (I feel flutters, but that's only, ahem, when I have a bit of indigestion!). Can't wait to be sure of what I feel!

I got the down's test because I'm based in France and I'm with a private gynacologist. AFAIK they only do it in Ireland if you are in the at risk groups (over a certain age or something).

About the sciatica, the gyny said I should go to a physio so they can give me some exercise to do to strengthen my back muscles...aqua aerobics sounds more fun though!

oh i was wondering! my acupuncturist gave me some hip exercises which have helped a bit. but i need more!!

ive been feeling flutters since bout 18 weeks (i think) but im thinkin its cos im kinda skinny and never had a belly. not really sure! if its not baby thats moving then i have something else that sticks out and makes my belly move!!! its great!. but if i feel it and dont see it then im thinkin oh that wasnt it and i start to worry. madness. ill be happy when i have my scan and hopefully know everything is fine!! and see the little mover thats kicking like mad! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

10 weeks 3 days and I think I've started to feel some round ligament pain over the last couple of days, not painful so much just a stretching and maybe a dull ache mostly on my left hand side.
    I was straving all last week so I think babs was doing a bit of growing, I think that's why I'm getting pains this week, or at least I hope so :o

Congrats to all the mammies who had their scans, I don't have my 'offical' hospital scan until the end of this month. I'm so glad I did the private scan, no way could I have waited for another 3 and half weeks to see my little one for the first time, I'm too impatient lol!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

31 weeks done, phew, I'm finally into single digits in the countdown.

New buggy arrived today, so swanky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I was in bed last night trying to get to sleep next of all I heard 'bleeuuugghh' the little lad had an upset tummy...got up cleared that up...got back into bed and the kung fu panda kicked off....and I mean proper kicks! How I haven't got a broken rib and internal bruising this morning I dont know. Usually I put my hand on my tummy to feel it mooching about but it was so vigrous it was freaking me out...i could actually feel limbs and bones and stuff...it was like something from alien :eek: It went on until well after midnight...so I'm wrecked today :cool: :D

Forgive my spamming in here, but I'm just wondering if there are any places you can get maternity nightwear for a decent price? Went to mother care, they were e35 My bump must be different this time because the pj's from last time ain't covering it. :o

Forgive my spamming in here, but I'm just wondering if there are any places you can get maternity nightwear for a decent price? Went to mother care, they were e35 My bump must be different this time because the pj's from last time ain't covering it. :o

My friend told me to buy men's PJ's, she said she found them a lot better and comfy as she got bigger, Not sure about which type she went for though:D

I prefer pj's too but never wear the bottoms in bed. . i feel like i'm getting tied up in knots :D dunnes have lovely mix and match stuff and i buy the biggest size they have :D the i'm so huge i need comfort size :pac: sometimes a soft shortie nightie with bottoms too. .
    3 of my 3 children have colds .. back to school sucks :( i'm knackered. . :(

Well after saying I hadn't felt anything, for the last two days I have been feeling lots of little flutters around the same place. It's not gas and it doesn't feel like anything I have felt before so I think it is the little fella moving around! So exciting!

cbyrd wrote: »
    I prefer pj's too but never wear the bottoms in bed. . i feel like i'm getting tied up in knots :D dunnes have lovely mix and match stuff and i buy the biggest size they have :D the i'm so huge i need comfort size :pac: sometimes a soft shortie nightie with bottoms too. .
    3 of my 3 children have colds .. back to school sucks :( i'm knackered. . :(

That's what I've been doing up until now, buying the Dunnes ones...but the bump is kind of low and round so it's not really getting covered, now I don't mind it at home, the hubby will just have to put up with me looking like Wayonetta for now :D But just for the hospital I'd like to look a little more presentable :o:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

That's what I've been doing up until now, buying the Dunnes ones...but the bump is kind of low and round so it's not really getting covered, now I don't mind it at home, the hubby will just have to put up with me looking like Wayonetta for now :D But just for the hospital I'd like to look a little more presentable :o:D
    Topshop do maternity pj bottoms up to a size 16, or you can get maternity leggings from dorothy perkins or new look for around €15, if they'd suit you? I splashed out on mothercare pjs last time and of course they don't fit comfortably this time, bump is too low. I'm still getting into my grubby €5 Dunnes ones, don't know how long they'll hold up under the strain though!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Just to let you all know, I've graduated! Much to my shock and delight, my little boy arrived 2.5 weeks early last Sunday in a great big rush! We're calling him Darragh, he weighed in at 7lb9oz. We're all in love with him :-)

And I was so unbelievably sure I was carrying a girl!

Best of luck to you all for the rest of your pregnancies, I'll be keeping an eye out for your announcements !

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

okay Liliq....I hope you're ready for this....*breathes deep*

I hope you meet your baby soon Liliq xxxx

Have your waters broken yet?:P

Hannibal, you must have bee n thinking of me, because this is exactly what happened!

KayTee wrote: »
    Just to let you all know, I've graduated! Much to my shock and delight, my little boy arrived 2.5 weeks early last Sunday in a great big rush! We're calling him Darragh, he weighed in at 7lb9oz. We're all in love with him :-)

And I was so unbelievably sure I was carrying a girl!

Best of luck to you all for the rest of your pregnancies, I'll be keeping an eye out for your announcements !

Congratulations KayTee :) that's great news! I hope you and Darragh are doing well :) xx

Ivy that's great news that you're feeling movements! I remember when mine started I wasn't sure until about a week later as they were happening more & more!

Well I'm in my 25th week & really feeling the strain at the mo, I guess working in Retail doesn't help! My bump seems to be getting bigger over night every night the last few days lol, even my OH had commented! Kicks are getting much stronger than they have been which is great until woken at 3am for hours of kicking hehe.. Hunger buzz is still going! Off to Ikea tomorrow to get the last of the furniture for our baba's room :) soo excited!

Hope all the Mammys to be are doing well xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

4 days since we heard anything from lilliq - anything stirring?

Hannibal, you must have bee n thinking of me, because this is exactly what happened!

aww KayTee congratulations! Welcome to the world baby Darragh! Hope you're both keeping well xx

So everytime I make a wish in here someone has a baby :eek::D

Well done KayTee. . Darragh is a lovely name ;) 2.5 weeks early. . oh how i wish i'd go early. . i'm so jealous :D
    I had an app on tues, all good.. baby is head down but not engaged yet.. i'm prepared to go 2 weeks over but the last few days i feel like i'm walking through soup. . thick soup :(
    At least i'm all organised, just the moses basket to steam clean..
    just 2 weeks and 4 days (4weeks and 4days) left :)

Hi ladies, how are we all? Cybrd so jealous you're so close! Xmas still seems forever away for me :) can't wait to meet my little one!
    So a nurse told me this the other day& was wondering if anyone else had heard it, she wasn't a midwife & to be honest I think its some weird old wives tale lol! Im carrying quite low (doesn't feel like it though) and apparently if you carry low you're more likely to go early?!? I'm expecting to go the 2 weeks over lol! Never heard of that one before!
    One can still dream though hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Congrats KayTee!! Love the name Darragh as well, one of my faves! :D
    Also... damn you for stealing my baby whispering vibes from Hannibal!! ;) hehe.
    4 days since we heard anything from lilliq - anything stirring?

Nothing yet :( I'm in bits!
    Was in the hospital on Thursday and they're leaving me alone til next Thursday, possibly next Saturday. I'm devasated! I really really hope I don't make it til then. My dad is going away on holidays on Saturday and it's his first grandchild, I'd feel horrible if he didn't get to meet him!
    aww KayTee congratulations! Welcome to the world baby Darragh! Hope you're both keeping well xx

So everytime I make a wish in here someone has a baby :eek::D

Keep wishing Missus! :p You'll have to get to me sometime! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Any news on toots??

Advertisement