Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Cbyrd you're a scream, I can't believe you're still working :eek: are you not shattered on your feet most of the day?!
    Wish I could say the same about my fridge :o I'm doing grand thanks. Totally shattered but at least the morning (all day:mad:) sickness is finally easing off.

I'm so sad I'd my whole bag packed from week 30 last time, little A4 sheet with a printed list of the contents. Oh & had 2 bags, my labour room bag & labour ward bag :o My poor husband was worried I was planning on moving into the hospital all the stuff I brought! :D

Oral Slang I'm so jealous of you with your other half nesting. Wouldn't mind if that would rub off on my other half :D

Tigeress the time really seems to be flying by with your pregnancy! Yep I'm a hospital appointment Monday. Not too sure if it'll be a scan though, I think its just a consultant/midwife appointment.
    I had a scan a fortnight ago though & all was looking well :) I must invest in a cheapo doppler so I can listen to the wee peanut. I love the reassurance of being able to hear the heartbeat :)

Eoino there's half a dozen walls in my house that need painting if you run out of your own to do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Cbyrd you're a scream, I can't believe you're still working :eek: are you not shattered on your feet most of the day?!
    Wish I could say the same about my fridge :o I'm doing grand thanks. Totally shattered but at least the morning (all day:mad:) sickness is finally easing off.

I'm so sad I'd my whole bag packed from week 30 last time, little A4 sheet with a printed list of the contents. Oh & had 2 bags, my labour room bag & labour ward bag :o My poor husband was worried I was planning on moving into the hospital all the stuff I brought! :D

Oral Slang I'm so jealous of you with your other half nesting. Wouldn't mind if that would rub off on my other half :D

Tigeress the time really seems to be flying by with your pregnancy! Yep I'm a hospital appointment Monday. Not too sure if it'll be a scan though, I think its just a consultant/midwife appointment.
    I had a scan a fortnight ago though & all was looking well :) I must invest in a cheapo doppler so I can listen to the wee peanut. I love the reassurance of being able to hear the heartbeat :)

Eoino there's half a dozen walls in my house that need painting if you run out of your own to do :D

Cap so glad everything is going so well for you :) how long are you now? I was debating getting a Doppler but decided against it cause I know if I didn't find the heartbeat I'd be freaking out lol
    Yeah it's flying in one sense but dragging in another! Still ages to go!

Cybrd how are you still going? I'm only 28 and I'm ready to leave work lol! Fair play to ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Eoineo wrote: »
    Somebody hold me back. I've started to notice really grubby paintwork and I'm seriously tempted to pull out the pots of paint. :o

don't do what i did - the grubby grouting in the shower really annoyed me, so I asked my parents to regrout (my parents love that stuff :D). However, turned out all the grout was loose, water coming in behind the tiles, tiles coming off, wall behind it slightly rotting. Now we need to get the entire bathroom redone. That's a grand's worth of fixing. :eek: :eek::eek: Shoulda left it well alone, at least for a bit...Njarg.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

24 weeks yesterday :eek::D time is flying! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

I'm scrapping painting the grubbiness in favour of throwing a birthday party for a toddler tomorrow. Need my head examined. Paintwork will have to be tackled during the week. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

It's as simple as this. . i go to work cos i know inbetween haircuts i can sit down. . . at home i have school runs dinners 20 month old lunatic and the temptation to clean the house :eek: the week before last i painted the bathroom cos i had a morning off and i came home from work and finished it. .
    So i think i'm better off out of the house :D only thing is the girl i work with is afraid of her life i'm going to have the baby on the salon floor :D
    And i've a mother who had 7 of us and worked til she went in to labour . . literally so it's like a family tradition :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

First a/natal appointment tomorrow and scan on Friday, I'm excited as it feels like things are progressing now but so nervous in case they find anything wrong, it's been nearly 5 weeks since my early scan and although babas was happy and healthy at that one alot can change in 5 weeks. I won't be happy until I have this baby safe in my arms :)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Ms2011 wrote: »
    First a/natal appointment tomorrow and scan on Friday, I'm excited as it feels like things are progressing now but so nervous in case they find anything wrong, it's been nearly 5 weeks since my early scan and although babas was happy and healthy at that one alot can change in 5 weeks. I won't be happy until I have this baby safe in my arms :)

i know exactly how you feel. im 24 weeks and wont be truely happy til i have my baby in my arms. right now im freaking out about not enough movement! even tho there are small light movements. i want big ones like a few days ago! crazy!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Hope everyone is doing OK.
    I will be 33 weeks on Tuesday - where has time gone :eek:
    I get tired very early in the evenings now. It's a hassle getting out of the bed for the nightly toilet trips aswell - my muscles just ache! Sometimes I wish I could give the bump to my OH to carry, just for one day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Hope everyone is doing OK.
    I will be 33 weeks on Tuesday - where has time gone :eek:
    I get tired very early in the evenings now. It's a hassle getting out of the bed for the nightly toilet trips aswell - my muscles just ache! Sometimes I wish I could give the bump to my OH to carry, just for one day :D

Oh how lovely would that be! Hand it over just for a day :D

35 weeks here and I can't believe there's only 5 weeks left. It's dragging in mind you, but 35 weeks! I've never been 35 weeks and out in the wild before, by this time on my first I was in hospital. I feel like I'm sneaking about like a ninja on the run and if they find me they'll lock me up :D No one tell them where I am! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Right so...I'm back.

Other wise known as 'shockedbuthappy'.

I somehow managed to go from never ovulating to getting pregnant to getting pregnant on the pill.

About 4 weeks ago I took the test as I wanted to get depo-vera as I thought Noriday was making me put on weight!!!!

Turns out I was pregnant.

So Wednesday we had the 12 week booking in appointment and scan, only it wasnt. Isaw the midwife and doctor, who were all happy but when we went in for the scan, turns out I was 21 weeks pregnant.

So I was told I was now having my 20 week, big scan!

I think I am still in shock, suddenly everything is coming along very quickly. My daughter was 1 on Sunday last!!

I know there is another poster here who only found out they were pregnant at 6 months, I always thought that was impossible but now I know it can happen.

I wasn't sick, tired anything, I still had periods, because of the pill.

So 31st of January I'll hopefully have 2 kids under a year and a half.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Right so...I'm back.

I somehow managed to go from never ovulating to getting pregnant to getting pregnant on the pill.

About 4 weeks ago I took the test as I wanted to get depo-vera as I thought Noriday was making me put on weight!!!!

So Wednesday we had the 12 week booking in appointment and scan, only it wasnt. Isaw the midwife and doctor, who were all happy but when we went in for the scan, turns out I was 21 weeks pregnant.

I think I am still in shock, suddenly everything is coming along very quickly. My daughter was 1 on Sunday last!!

I know there is another poster here who only found out they were pregnant at 6 months, I always thought that was impossible but now I know it can happen.

Congratulations & welcome back :) my goodness I can only imagine the shock! I'm so glad everything is going good though! I've read about things like this happening in magazines but always wondered.. I hope the shock is settling down for you Hun! But what an amazing shock it is :)

I'm just about in my 28th week and loving it :) it's hard and painful but I just love feeling all the kicks & punches hehe! My OH blows Raspberries on my bump & our little baba goes nuts! Not sure if they like or dislike them but it's an awesome feeling :p only 10 days till our scan Yey! I'm dying to know what we're having! Although we're finding picking names hard.. We have one girl name & one boy name we Absolutley love but for life nor man can we decide on extra names just encase! We love the ones we've picked so much that no others seem right..

Right so...I'm back.

omg congratulations! How do you feel? Did everything go okay with the scan? Ha, you'll now be on the hunt for a double buggy yourself! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

omg congratulations! How do you feel? Did everything go okay with the scan? Ha, you'll now be on the hunt for a double buggy yourself! :D

Congratulations wmpdd3, a big shock I'm sure, but they'll be so close in age, so great pals I'd say. This post below may be of some interest to you!

http://www.eumom.ie/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=91403

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Omg big congratulaions wmpdd3, what a lovely suprise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Wmpdd3 that's hilarious . . i'm glad i'm not the only one who got caught out :D congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Caughtout is right, even now when I'm telling people, I get this feeling they are think; she away with the fairys!

I feel absolutely grand except I have Siatica. I had it a few times since I has baby 1 but not bad, but about 3 weeks ago it came back and never left.

One of the best feelings in the world was 2 days after having her, walking down to the door of the hospital for some air and realising I could swing my hips!! Cant wait for this again. I'm trying to master locking my hips.

Already got a 2nd hand buggy after 4 weeks of looking into it, now I have to start saving for nappies etc. Little one is starting creche next Monday, so things will be tight as I'm now doing part-time hours.

I cant believe I had no idea I was pregnant, really even at 16 weeks when I took the test, it only dawned on me for a few minutes before hand, what if I was? But I was so religous with the pill, I thought it was impossible. YOu hear so many stories of poeple half taking the pill and then taking 3 together one day when they forget and they never get caught out....

I was working Sunday for 5 hours and I was crippled afterwards, it wasnt even that busy, but every time I had to bend down it was agony.

I still cant under stand how carrying my little one in a baby carrier makes my hips feel better, she only bearly fits in with the bump.

@Orla Slang, thats some price, brilliant offer for anyone who needs a double.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Fee123

Hello, I'm 27 weeks. Just wondering if anyone else is the same or has had a baby that time of year before?:)

Fee123 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm 27 weeks. Just wondering if anyone else is the same or has had a baby that time of year before?:)

Welcome fee123 :) I'm not too far ahead of ya! This is my 1st and although I'm not worried about labour (yet) I am worrying about the snow!! I'm in the Midlands and we didn't get it as bad as Dublin last year but I'm hoping it won't be a prob or us :) hope your Pregnancy is going good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Fee123

Hi Tigeress :) thanks and congrats to you. I'm due the 23rd when are you due? Everything going well thank goodness my main complaint is 24hr heartburn, can't wait to be able to pig out again!! How is your pregnancy going??
    I was also worried about the condition of the roads and traffic at Christmas. I am lucky enough to live in between two hospitals both 30 min by car so I was able to choose the one that has good roads to it and no holiday traffic! So that's that part sorted, now to deal with the labour haha! Do you have much distance to travel to your hospital?

I was looking into hypnobirthing today actually think I might do this. My son is 7 now so much of his birth is long forgotten. One thing I do remember is feeling out of control. Is this something you have been thinking of?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Right so...I'm back.

It happens! Congratulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Congrats wmpdd3!

I'm 20 weeks since yesterday. Went home to Ireland for a week and had a long day of travelling yesterday. I was a bit worried about that but it went well. Only thing now is my pelvis is really achy now! Think I will take it easy for a few days and not go on any long journeys!

Have my monthly gyny appointment tomorrow, looking forward to it as usual!

Oh in the last week my bump has gotten enormous! I don't think anyone will think I just ate all the pies now! :D

cbyrd have you not had that baby yet? :D

Well, good news from me, they're happy that I have control of the gest. diabetes so I don't have to go back to the diabetic clinic any more woohooo! :D I think they're panicking a bit though. Turns out the baby weighs 5lbs 4oz, whereas on my first baby was 6lbs 11oz at this stage, so I'm wondering have I gone a bit too far with the diet and baby isn't as big as it should be?

Either way I'm free of blood tests for the next while so that will ding dang do for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Due 19th-21st of Dec... and terrified over the roads and the weather at Christmas. We're in Leopardstown and for some reason the clinic gave options of the three maternity hospitals in the centre of the city - I'm in Holles Street. Which is great, but I really didn't realise that Mount Carmel was so close. I suppose it'll be fine unless it's an emergency. I've himself told that he has to do a few practice runs so he knows the best routes - he's terrible at directions.

Other than that I'm mostly worried about keeping the baby warm once home and whether to go for walks and stuff... Apart from the actual labour bit, and breastfeeding, that's my main worry.

I can't control the other stuff, whether or not the baby sleeps at night etc, so I'm letting that go. I'm wise (and fooling myself) that way! :D

Hi Tigeress :) thanks and congrats to you. I'm due the 23rd when are you due? Everything going well thank goodness my main complaint is 24hr heartburn, can't wait to be able to pig out again!! How is your pregnancy going??
    I was also worried about the condition of the roads and traffic at Christmas. I am lucky enough to live in between two hospitals both 30 min by car so I was able to choose the one that has good roads to it and no holiday traffic! So that's that part sorted, now to deal with the labour haha! Do you have much distance to travel to your hospital?

I was looking into hypnobirthing today actually think I might do this. My son is 7 now so much of his birth is long forgotten. One thing I do remember is feeling out of control. Is this something you have been thinking of?

I'm not 100% sure yet lol my Doc thinks 11th Dec, the last Antenatal on the hospital put me a week after & my chart says Xmas Day! I'll find out for sure next Wed as I'm in for another scan then :)
    I know only too well about the heartburn :( it's rotten at the moment for me too! Galvascon does help though! I'm only 20 mins from Portlaoise Hospital so it's grand for travel but the roads were super icy in Dec last year so I'm hoping it won't be so bad this year :) either way the Miswife told us that if we get snowed in then they send an Army Helicopter to get ya :O needless to say my OH is hoping to be snowed in lol

I haven't looked into the Hypnobirthing at all to be honest.. I'm kinda winging it hehe I'm hoping for a normal natural birth and not need pain relief but in saying that I'm very open to pain relief too :)

Is your baby moving lots now? I feel like I'm having an octopus at times here hehe lovin it though!

Well, good news from me, they're happy that I have control of the gest. diabetes so I don't have to go back to the diabetic clinic any more woohooo! :D I think they're panicking a bit though. Turns out the baby weighs 5lbs 4oz, whereas on my first baby was 6lbs 11oz at this stage, so I'm wondering have I gone a bit too far with the diet and baby isn't as big as it should be?

Either way I'm free of blood tests for the next while so that will ding dang do for me :D

That's great news Hannibal :) you must be delighted! I'm in for my Gestational Diabetes test on Tues next week and not looking forward to it! In a way if they said I had it I'd be happy cause I'd be much better at eating :) on the other I don't want the hassle! That prob makes no sense!

Congrats on getting to the half way Mark Ivy :) I find that some days I wake up and my bump has just grown over night! It's very surreal lol

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

Congrats that's brilliant news! I hate you! But it's still great news! :)

Does that mean you don't even have to bother with testing yourself though???

If yes, then I hate you more!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

My bump has finally started. I woke up yesterday to this lovely semi-hard swell on my tummy, that didnt go down after i had peed! :D also I can now feel lots of little flutterings! So happy :)

pippington wrote: »
    My bump has finally started. I woke up yesterday to this lovely semi-hard swell on my tummy, that didnt go down after i had peed! :D also I can now feel lots of little flutterings! So happy :)

Thats great Pippington :D Congrats! It's the best feeling isn't it hehe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Pippington: Oh it is lovely when the flutters start isn't it? I get a little happy feeling every day when I feel the first one (like thinking "Ah he's grand today, no stress!")

Had my gyny appointment this morning, everything is grand. Got reassured that mum's shingles won't affect me or the baby because I've already had chickenpox.

Blood pressure is grand, cervix is closed and my and baby's weight is fine. Only thing is that the baby is the wrong way up but not sure why the doc mentioned it because he says most babies turn on week 32. The willy was very visible so now the sex is 100% confirmed! The little fella was sucking his thumb in the scan. His legs looked really squashed up but doc says that's normal! All very exciting. Got a little dvd of the scan too. (don't worry, won't be posting it on Facebook, but it's a nice little souvenir for later!).

Big 2nd trimester scan in 2 weeks. Kind of amazed at how many scans I'm getting but maybe that's normal in France!

Advertisement