Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

congrats Hannibal :)
    Hows everyone today?
    The last 2 days I am literally just waddling around, legs apart and the soreness in my pelvis /pubic bone area is coming and going. From reading everything I could find online, I think that it is either pain associated with the pelvic joints loosening up, or my baby has dropped into position -or both even. Either way I am not worried that it is anything 'abnormal' anymore.

I still have 3 weeks to go though, so I hope the soreness goes away before that!

Theoretically 3 weeks cunning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

Found out Wednesday I'm having a baby boy :)

I knew I was right :P

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

If you go to your GP and request a referral for the early pregnancy unit then you should get seen at 8 weeks.

There shouldn't be any issue getting the referral due to your previous loss.
    I had my first appt at 6 weeks, another at 8 weeks (scans in the EPU) and my booking appointment with the hospital (one where they do your bloods etc) is 14 weeks.
    You definitely get seen earlier once you get the referral.

The joys of having my appetite (almost completely) back, I went out for lunch & had THE NICEST thai red curry today & it tasted amazing.
    I've been so sick after eating food lately its so lovely to enjoy it again!

thanks cap, she gave me a letter and it said about my m/c but i asked her before getting the letter would i get seen to any sooner and she was saying once i just had one m/c they usually dont see you any faster :confused: i feel fine thank god and last nite i actually had to take my bra off i was that sore and i was like that on dd :o im 5wks 2mrw pg, i dont mind waiting if its 14wks which would prob be xmas week so id imagine maybe jan, will keep you guys posted.

i was a total pig last nite ate a massive chinese and then prawn crackers:rolleyes: had to be done:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Congrats Hannibal!

My boyfriend's nephew is coming to visit with his granny. I'll have to keep out of the way cos he is sick with some sort of undiagnosed persistant chest infection and I haven't had my flu shot yet. (Also because the kids in that family don't seem to be trained to cover their mouths when they cough! :mad: )

Mam is sending me over a load of maternity clothes, woop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

pippington wrote: »
    Found out Wednesday I'm having a baby boy :)

I knew I was right :P

Congratulations Pippington :) a little boy Yey :) you must be over the moon!

Ivy you're right to avoid at all costs! Are you getting the Flu Vaccine? I'm on 2 minds about it.. I've never ever had the Flu only bad colds.. My OH thinks I should but I dunno..

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Playbunny, would you consider a private scan, or just walk in to the Early Pregnancy Unit to see if they would look at you? Hopefully you get seen before 14 weeks.

Gold Star Alert!!
    Walked into the kitchen to see my OH cleaning the fridge - which was overdue, but I've been too wrecked to summon the energy. He said he was thinking of the baby and the importance of food safety while I'm pregnant. :D Chuffed! I love a clean fridge when its done, but hate doing it. He has also been doing most of the housework and laundry, any time I offer to help he shoos me out of the kitchen and tells me to put my feet up. :D I think I done good choosing my babydaddy :pac:

Tigeress wrote: »
    Congratulations Pippington :) a little boy Yey :) you must be over the moon!

Ivy you're right to avoid at all costs! Are you getting the Flu Vaccine? I'm on 2 minds about it.. I've never ever had the Flu only bad colds.. My OH thinks I should but I dunno..

I've decided I will get the flu jab. Decided that it would be just my luck to get the flu. Not worried about ME being sick but aparently it's very risky for the unborn baby for the mum to have the flu.

I'm going back to the gyny on November 3rd, I'll get the prescription then, and I can get my boyfriend's grandad (who is a retired doctor) to give it to me, saves a bit of cash! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

I've decided I will get the flu jab. Decided that it would be just my luck to get the flu. Not worried about ME being sick but aparently it's very risky for the unborn baby for the mum to have the flu.

I'm going back to the gyny on November 3rd, I'll get the prescription then, and I can get my boyfriend's grandad (who is a retired doctor) to give it to me, saves a bit of cash! :)

Just FYI for anybody in Dublin. The Rotunda have a free flu shot clinic on Mondays. Just ring ahead and make an appt...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Im with you Tigress, Im not sure about getting the flu jab.

I have no fear myself but its the baby im thinking about. The swine flu is included in this jab and Im not sure if it has been tested enough... :confused::confused::confused:

Decisions Decisions :eek:

Starting week 30 this week yippppeeeeeeeeeeee:D :D:D

Quins5 wrote: »

I have no fear myself but its the baby im thinking about. The swine flu is included in this jab and Im not sure if it has been tested enough... :confused::confused::confused:

I'll have to find a source, but I did read last year that the chance of miscarriage from the flu is higher than the chance of getting side-effects from the vaccination. I will get back to you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Quins5 wrote: »

I'll have to find a source, but I did read last year that the chance of miscarriage from the flu is higher than the chance of getting side-effects from the vaccination. I will get back to you!

That's what sealed the deal for me. Got it done last winter at about 16 wks, had no issues or problems.

I asked GP if he was treating his own wife would he insist she get it,
    He said yes, was all the convincing I needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

It's BECAUSE the swine flu is in it I will get it - if it was just reg flu prob wouldn't bother but an epidemic if swine flu is hard to avoid and I'd be more worried about getting that while pregnant than getting an inactivated vaccine - it's impossible to get any version of flu, swine or otherwise from the vaccine as it's completely inactivated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

congrats Hannibal! :)

can someone please tell me sternly not to eat so much cr*p food?! Been munching on minirolls, crisps, choc chip cookies and anything else sugary or salty (and not the healthy kind) all day ;-( just can't stop myself...

re: the flu - read some of those leaflets at the GPs advertising the vaccine - but none of them said explicitly WHY I should get vaccinated when I'm pregnant, just that I should? have never had the flu in my life (just bad colds), don't think I will get vaccinated now. Then again, god knows what nasty bugs will be floating around the hospital...:(

galah wrote: »
    congrats Hannibal! :)

can someone please tell me sternly not to eat so much cr*p food?! Been munching on minirolls, crisps, choc chip cookies and anything else sugary or salty (and not the healthy kind) all day ;-( just can't stop myself...

re: the flu - read some of those leaflets at the GPs advertising the vaccine - but none of them said explicitly WHY I should get vaccinated when I'm pregnant, just that I should? have never had the flu in my life (just bad colds), don't think I will get vaccinated now. Then again, god knows what nasty bugs will be floating around the hospital...:(

It's because there is a risk to the baby apparently. I got the flu vaccination the year before last and I just had a bit of tiredness and no other side effects. (I've had a rake of vaccinations for work travel and tetanus is by far the worst, IMO!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Finally getting around to post. Baby Abigail arrived very promptly on her due date last Tuesday - 7lb, 6oz! We're both besotted, can't picture life before we had her.
    Went to post half a million times but hate posting from my phone & this is the first time I've sat down at the pc. Congrats Hannibal on your new arrival & anyone else I missed while I've been absent!

Neyite wrote: »
    Playbunny, would you consider a private scan, or just walk in to the Early Pregnancy Unit to see if they would look at you? Hopefully you get seen before 14 weeks.

Gold Star Alert!!
    Walked into the kitchen to see my OH cleaning the fridge - which was overdue, but I've been too wrecked to summon the energy. He said he was thinking of the baby and the importance of food safety while I'm pregnant. :D Chuffed! I love a clean fridge when its done, but hate doing it. He has also been doing most of the housework and laundry, any time I offer to help he shoos me out of the kitchen and tells me to put my feet up. :D I think I done good choosing my babydaddy :pac:

hadnt thought of it but im feeling more confident this time round tg, i posted letter 2day so hopefully hosp will come back with a date soon, amazing how cautious im am this time round where with dd i took it in my stride...
    thats great with your oh, would he do my cooker lol it isnt to bad but id like it done anyway :P

meant to say congrats to the girlies that have had their babies :) enjoy :D

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Finally getting around to post. Baby Abigail arrived very promptly on her due date last Tuesday - 7lb, 6oz! We're both besotted, can't picture life before we had her.
    Went to post half a million times but hate posting from my phone & this is the first time I've sat down at the pc. Congrats Hannibal on your new arrival & anyone else I missed while I've been absent!

Congratulations Missus :D delighted to hear everything is going well xx best of luck to you & Abigail!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Halfway

Cottontail wrote: »
    Congratulations, that's great news! My little man will be 23 months or so when his little brother arrives, I'm really wondering how he will take to it as well, he's so used to having our full attention all the time. Glad all went well with your birth, what did you call your new baba?

We called her Sadie. Her sister seemed to be a bit better today. She was actually coming over kissing her so I'm hoping every day she will get used to her being around a bit more. When she (16 month old) was born her brother was 30 months and he was brilliant. He has just turned 4 and tells Sadie he loves her all the time. Long may it last!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Congrats Oral!
    Lovely name, I cant wait to have my own little button in my arms!

x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Congrats to all the ladies who've had their babies, I'm green with jealousy, I don't want to have to wait another 23 weeks to see my baba, I want to see him/her now!!!:D:p

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Congrats to all the ladies who've had their babies, I'm green with jealousy, I don't want to have to wait another 23 weeks to see my baba, I want to see him/her now!!!:D:p

Lol I know what ya mean! In one way I'm like 9 weeks is ageeessss away on the other I'm like holy crap I've only 9 weeks left I've gotta get the last few bits already!
    On the plus side of things my hospital & labour bags are all packed & sitting in the hallway for D-Day :)
    I'm getting a little more nervous about the birth itself... I'm looking forward to it cause I know it'll only be one day and then I'll have my baby! The suspense of not knowing really what it's gonna be like or how I'll cope is a bit mind blowing!

Thanks for the replies on the Flu Jab! I'm still not 100% sure what to do! I didn't realise the swine was incorporated in it!! I got the swine jab 2 years ago and got a reaction of temps and vomiting for a few hours the night I got the jab so I guess I'm even more worried about getting it now! But I also don't wanna put my baby at risk! I'm gonna talk to my GP when I see him next Thurs & see what he suggests!

Yey for Sat Night :) curled up with a blanket watching X-Factor with a giant bowl of popcorn hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Testing

Yay I can post...thought I posted earlier but it hasn't come up. Baby Simon arrived yesterday morning at 10.30am weighing 7lbs 1oz by emergency section would you all believe. Spontaneous labour, spontaneous water breaking made it to the labour ward where baby went into distress and that was it lol

He's a gorgeous wee boy lol

congratulations!
    i am delighted for you and so jealous................ you were due after me!

have a wonderful time cuddling your new bundle!

:)

Ok I just noticed some fluid coming from my boobs! I know it's the start of my milk supply bit wondering if anyone else had this? I though 31 weeks would be too early but apparently not lol! Guess the breastpads are being used tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Tigress I got that from 16 weeks when I was pregnant! I found the Nuk pads best, really slim compared to a lot of others that can be quite bulky!

Lola92 wrote: »
    Tigress I got that from 16 weeks when I was pregnant! I found the Nuk pads best, really slim compared to a lot of others that can be quite bulky!

Oh really? Thanks Lola! Where do you get the Nuk Pads? I got a box of the boots pads & a box of the Mothercare ones a little while ago so gonna try them tomorrow! They do look a little bulky though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I got them in my local pharmacy, think I have seen them in Sam Mc cauleys & McCabes too though, I'll keep an eye out for you! :)

Lola92 wrote: »
    I got them in my local pharmacy, think I have seen them in Sam Mc cauleys & McCabes too though, I'll keep an eye out for you! :)

Thanks Lola :) I'll keep an eye out myself aswell :) might have a look see in my local chemists on Mon! (they close on Sundays here) we finally got a Boots in Portlaoise so they might have some there too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Ms2011 wrote: »

Lol I know what ya mean! In one way I'm like 9 weeks is ageeessss away on the other I'm like holy crap I've only 9 weeks left I've gotta get the last few bits already!
    On the plus side of things my hospital & labour bags are all packed & sitting in the hallway for D-Day :)
    I'm getting a little more nervous about the birth itself... I'm looking forward to it cause I know it'll only be one day and then I'll have my baby! The suspense of not knowing really what it's gonna be like or how I'll cope is a bit mind blowing!

Thanks for the replies on the Flu Jab! I'm still not 100% sure what to do! I didn't realise the swine was incorporated in it!! I got the swine jab 2 years ago and got a reaction of temps and vomiting for a few hours the night I got the jab so I guess I'm even more worried about getting it now! But I also don't wanna put my baby at risk! I'm gonna talk to my GP when I see him next Thurs & see what he suggests!

Yey for Sat Night :) curled up with a blanket watching X-Factor with a giant bowl of popcorn hehe

Try not to worry too much about the birth. I had myself in a right tizzy about it, fear of the unknown and all and I can honestly say NOTHING about it would prevent me doing it again and I didn't exactly have it easy OR short at just shy of 30 hours! :lol:

And I know it's a cliche but when they hand you your little baby you COMPLETLY forget the labour and delivery and the Tea and toast you get after is THE best u will ever have!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Ok I just noticed some fluid coming from my boobs! I know it's the start of my milk supply bit wondering if anyone else had this? I though 31 weeks would be too early but apparently not lol! Guess the breastpads are being used tomorrow!

Just noticed this tonight in the bath, had nothing like this last time but now I could probably express 1oz.... at 25 weeks. At least it looks like I will have my milk in by the time he is born, not like last time. That's a relief, I'd love for breast feeding to take off without a hitch.

Advertisement