Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Thanks Sittingpretty :) I'm just anxious I guess.. I'm terrible when it comes to pain, a total wimp! I'm more worried I won't be able to cope (I know I have to lol) I keep telling my bump hurry up but take your time lol

WM I don't think I could get that much out :o it was just a few drops for me but I am weirdly glad of it cause I really wanna breast feed & at least I know now that something is happening :)
    How's your back? Did you get the belt yet?
    I'm actually getting some pelvic relief from using it all day :) not a whole lot but I'll take any :) apparently babys legs are sitting inside my pelvis aswell so everytime they move it's sore & they kick or punch my bladder like it's a toy at the mo! I must wee 15 times a day lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Just noticed this tonight in the bath, had nothing like this last time but now I could probably express 1oz.... at 25 weeks. At least it looks like I will have my milk in by the time he is born, not like last time. That's a relief, I'd love for breast feeding to take off without a hitch.

I normally have some dried up substance on mine in the morning time, so I guess they leak a bit when I am lying down sleeping. I am 36 weeks.
    It's good to know that there is something in them anyway. I am really hoping that I have no issues with making milk, as I am the first person in my family to try breastfeeding (3 sisters and my mother all used bottles), so dunno how we score in that dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Just ordered nursery furniture and buggy! Delighted with myself! They won't be delivered til mid January but it's nice knowing the main jobs ( other than actually giving birth....;) ) are ticked off the to do list! I love being pregnant.... But it's sooo much worse than waiting for Christmas.... I want my lovely precious little girl NOW!!! In the meanwhile I'll just hug the dog.. Alot!!! :)

dublinlady wrote: »
    Just ordered nursery furniture and buggy! Delighted with myself! They won't be delivered til mid January but it's nice knowing the main jobs ( other than actually giving birth....;) ) are ticked off the to do list! I love being pregnant.... But it's sooo much worse than waiting for Christmas.... I want my lovely precious little girl NOW!!! In the meanwhile I'll just hug the dog.. Alot!!! :)

Yey that's Sooo exciting DL :) I loved shopping for the nursery furniture hehe & loves building it even more, well he built it I just supervised! What buggy did you get? We have ours sitting there since Aug lol all wrapped up in plastic so it doesn't get dusty :) what's your EDD?

Tigeress wrote: »

Yey that's Sooo exciting DL :) I loved shopping for the nursery furniture hehe & loves building it even more, well he built it I just supervised! What buggy did you get? We have ours sitting there since Aug lol all wrapped up in plastic so it doesn't get dusty :) what's your EDD?

We went for the baby jogger city select! We love it - we want to have anOther baby within a couple of yrs and so this one can work really well as a double while still looking really good as a single! Spent AGES looking into them - it was the only one which ticked all our boxes!!
    Yeah I'd love to have all the furniture here so we (he!!) could start building it but figured we'd just look really weird with it ready this early!!! Hehe not due until 20th feb! So only 23 weeks today! But I'm such a planner and organiser it's a big weight off knowing that it's taken care of!!! What's you EDD Tigeress? Must be around Christmas!??

• Advertisement

We went for the baby jogger city select! We love it - we want to have anOther baby within a couple of yrs and so this one can work really well as a double while still looking really good as a single! Spent AGES looking into them - it was the only one which ticked all our boxes!!
    Yeah I'd love to have all the furniture here so we (he!!) could start building it but figured we'd just look really weird with it ready this early!!! Hehe not due until 20th feb! So only 23 weeks today! But I'm such a planner and organiser it's a big weight off knowing that it's taken care of!!! What's you EDD Tigeress? Must be around Christmas!??

We're the same with planning a 2nd baba within 2 years of this one! Well hoping that'll happen! Congrats on your buggy shopping hehe! I love anything to do with baby shopping :) everything is so tiny & cute hehe! Wow 23 weeks already, how time flys! I'm 31 weeks today so 9 to go now! Due Xmas Day :) hoping a little before or after as I don't wanna spend our 1st Xmas together in hospital! The hospital are keeping a very strict watch on me so maybe they'll let me go sooner! Have to see a Doc everyweek now till I have baby! I'm sooooo excited! Yey for single digit countdown :D

9 weeks!!! Whoop whoop!! That's fab!! Why the frequent monitoring? Everything ok? You must be sooo excited! I'm hoping the next few weeks fly by so that I can get to the 28 and have a little sigh if relief! Still quite a small bump - it's amazing I thought I'd be hugely now!! Mind you I'm not complaining it makes working standing on my feet all day a lit easier I'd imagine!! I know what ya mean about planning a second baby - it's not like this first pregnancy came easily to either of us!! But fingers crossed all will go well and my little family will keep multiplying!!!!
    P.s please don't quote me about baby number 2 after baby number 1 comes.... It's all fine while I'm still clueless!!! :)

9 weeks!!! Whoop whoop!! That's fab!! Why the frequent monitoring? Everything ok? You must be sooo excited! I'm hoping the next few weeks fly by so that I can get to the 28 and have a little sigh if relief! Still quite a small bump - it's amazing I thought I'd be hugely now!! Mind you I'm not complaining it makes working standing on my feet all day a lit easier I'd imagine!! I know what ya mean about planning a second baby - it's not like this first pregnancy came easily to either of us!! But fingers crossed all will go well and my little family will keep multiplying!!!!
    P.s please don't quote me about baby number 2 after baby number 1 comes.... It's all fine while I'm still clueless!!! :)

Yeah it's getting close :) feels like forever though lol! I'm just in alot of pain most of the time & having a few other probs so they're monitoring me closely.. Doc on the hospital told me to mentally prepare myself for a section :o said that I'd only agree if it's absolutley nessisary! Sure we'll see what happens :) my bump has just sprouted the last 2 weeks and it's getting so difficult to do simple things.. Don't wish it on :) although I love being asked when I'm due & saying Xmas Day hehe! I'm the same with the trying again, I want more but wanna see how this one goes but as Sittingpretty said yest you're meant to forget all about all the bad stiff as soon as you see your little baba :) I've had a hard pregnancy so far but you know I wouldn't change it :) we've waited so very long for this little miracle & I'll go to hell & back for him/her :)
    It's funny cause a few years ago before we started trying my OH said he didn't want kids till he turned 30 & when my BF got preg nearly 3 years ago he realised how much he wanted 1 & decided we should start trying.. 2 MC's later and now we're having our baba and he turned 30 last Feb so it all worked out the way we originally planned lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Thanks Sittingpretty :) I'm just anxious I guess.. I'm terrible when it comes to pain, a total wimp! I'm more worried I won't be able to cope (I know I have to lol) I keep telling my bump hurry up but take your time lol

WM I don't think I could get that much out :o it was just a few drops for me but I am weirdly glad of it cause I really wanna breast feed & at least I know now that something is happening :)
    How's your back? Did you get the belt yet?
    I'm actually getting some pelvic relief from using it all day :) not a whole lot but I'll take any :) apparently babys legs are sitting inside my pelvis aswell so everytime they move it's sore & they kick or punch my bladder like it's a toy at the mo! I must wee 15 times a day lol :)

No, still waiting for the physio to call me for app.

Really need it though, I had 3 full days in work in a row and I and shattered after it, but off for 4 days from Tuesday...

Think I'll call the doc again in the morning and see if anything can be done, I have to get my mat leave for filled in any so will probably end up in the docs this week.

Shopping for nursery stuff is the most enjoyable type of shopping. There's a good reason why you never see a nursery planer like a wedding planner, you wouldn't pay someone to do something so enjoyable.

Tigress, that's a mad story, it really is amazing how things work out, we never thought we would have kids and in Jan we'll have 2, my poor doctor still cant believe it!

Last time I had no leaking or anything like it until I had the baby. Now I have to root out the breast pads just in case. I'm already wearing the breast feeding bras, as they are totally adjustable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Just a quick note for any breastfeeding mammy's.. i know someone was looking for button down nighties.. I FOUND SOME :D:D penney's they're €6 and they come in lots of different designs and they're about knee length... i bought about 6 last week and they're perfect for feeding.. ;) hope it helps someone out ;)

• Advertisement

WMP I had that same prob with the Physio Dept! The Doc kept sending letters & I never heard back from them so I called them directly & got an appoint a few days later! You should ring them yourself so they don't leave you waiting anymore..

I really wanna go back to work for 16 hours a week just for Nov cause I'm bored outta my head! Also the money would help for Xmas... Gonna talk to my Doc on Thurs & see what he says. Gonna go shopping this week to get the final few bits we need before baby arrives so we don't have to worry about any of it :) be glad when we have everything!

How is everyone?
    Neyite is your Scan today? If so best of luck xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

Hi Everyone, haven't been on here in a few days and so much seems to have happened! Congrats to both Hannibal & Oral Slang on your new arrivals, hope all is going well for you all.

wmpdd3 was mentioning there about leaking boobs...I've got a slightly different issue. Mine haven't leaked at all (I'm 31 weeks + 3 days). My boobs don't feel bigger or sore like they did during my last pregnancy. I breastfed my son for about a year. I'm wondering if the fact that I've breastfed before means that my boobs will remember what to do when the new baby comes and make milk? I hope so because I'd be devestated if I couldn't breastfeed again... has anyone on their second or subsequent pregnancies noticed this happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Can someone explain to me why all the maternity jeans I find are skinny jeans? Seriously, do they want me to look like Humpty Dumpty?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Hey all leaky mammies2be! What you're leaking is not milk as such, it's actually something that is building up to be colostrum. For the vast majority of new mums (whether they've breastfed before or not), proper breast milk doesn't come in until 3-6 days after you give birth. What you make before birth and in the few days after is different stuff and is completely precious, it's all the antibodies and nutrients that a newborn needs. There's not a huge amount of it and that's why most breastfed babies initially lose weight and why many new mothers (and some poorly informed health staff) get freaked out and start with bottles and supplementing without letting nature take it's course. It's fantastic for so many of you to have the reassurance that the colostrum is already well on it's way. If all babies even got the first week of colostrum and milk, the benefits to them would be massive!

I'm gone 36 weeks and still dry as a bone in the boob department, even though I fed my wee man for over a year. When he was born, I knew there wasn't much there, but by night3/day 4 there was no mistaking the engorgement of the milk coming in properly. I was like a Jersey cow for the next few months, so don't take what happens before birth or even in the first 2-3 days as indicative of what you'll finally be able to produce!

Cat, I'm glad to hear i'm not the only one that's not leaking, and you're further along than me. Hopefully it will all come good once the little man arrives! I feel relieved now, thanks.

Can someone explain to me why all the maternity jeans I find are skinny jeans? Seriously, do they want me to look like Humpty Dumpty?? :rolleyes:

Just don't go sitting on any walls and you'll be fine ;)

Thanks for that Cat :) you're very informative which is great :)

Ivy I got bootleg in Debenhams if that helps! You can buy online too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I got some bootcut ones in Gap. They are called 'sexy boot'..feel anything but sexy right now :D

If you sign up for their email you get 15% off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

dublinlady - congrats to the pram! we got our Babyjogger last week - and loving it (just to look at, for now ;-))! it's nice to see it all come together, all the furniture, pram, baby stuff ;-)

Ivy: re: maternity jeans: Try NewLook, or Born (they have 'mamalicious' ones) - bootcut or even slightly flared. The nicest ones I found so far, I must say!

Cat Melodeon: Thanks for the breastfeeding reassurance - was getting worried that my boobs haven't grown much at all yet - and I really hope to breastfeed!

I just spent 6 funtastic hours in hospital getting tested for suspected preeclampsia. Seriously, seems I am getting all of the most annoying bits of pregnancy.:mad: Labour better be good and easy! :P:rolleyes:

Oh no Galah are you ok? Hope you got the all clear! How far along are you?
    I'm awaiting results of some crazy condition at the moment.. Can't remember the name but I just said I had an itchy stomach & they said I could have this condition where my liver discreets something that causes itchiness but the only cure is to induce.. I was like eh I think it's just cause my skin is scratching lol!

Ladies I'm totally lost for boys names! I just can't find any we like at all :( have 2 girls names that we both love (maybe it means I'm having a girl?!) I don't like any in the top 100 (not that they're not nice I just seem to be too fussy!) I keep writing some down to see if they grow on us but none have.. It's so hard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Oh no Galah are you ok? Hope you got the all clear! How far along are you?
    I'm awaiting results of some crazy condition at the moment.. Can't remember the name but I just said I had an itchy stomach & they said I could have this condition where my liver discreets something that causes itchiness but the only cure is to induce.. I was like eh I think it's just cause my skin is scratching lol!

Ladies I'm totally lost for boys names! I just can't find any we like at all :( have 2 girls names that we both love (maybe it means I'm having a girl?!) I don't like any in the top 100 (not that they're not nice I just seem to be too fussy!) I keep writing some down to see if they grow on us but none have.. It's so hard!

I have an itchy belly too but I just assumed it was from the skin stretching... I'll mention it on Thursday when I'm in at the clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Finally getting around to post. Baby Abigail arrived very promptly on her due date last Tuesday - 7lb, 6oz! We're both besotted, can't picture life before we had her.
    Went to post half a million times but hate posting from my phone & this is the first time I've sat down at the pc. Congrats Hannibal on your new arrival & anyone else I missed while I've been absent!

Congratulations Oral Slang! fantastic news! such a pretty name too :) I hope mum & baby are doing very well!

Halfway I love the name Sadie too, gorgeous!

Sitting pretty - very well said about the labour.Even the labour itself whether you're in it 2 hours or 2 hours, I found it passes in the blink of an eye, it doesn't feel like hours when you're in the throes of it! (I say that now, wait another few months and see if I'm still saying that :D )

Dublin Lady, so exciting that you have the furniture & buggy organised, very organised!!
    I've heard the baby jogger is a brill pram too.

Tigeress I can't believe it's only a few weeks now til you're due :eek: it's lovely to think of no. 2 already too.
    :eek: wasn't so much thinking of no. 2 when I was pregnant, but I remember vividly lying on the labour table seconds after giving birth to my daughter thinking 'that wasn't too bad, can't wait to have no. 2!' :D
    I was the same when I was pregnant with my daughter, we had the girl's name picked out, if we'd had a boy the poor child probably still wouldn't be named, we just had no boys names picked at all!

Galah fingers crossed you'll get the all clear on the pre-eclampsia.

I had a scan today & they dated me 14+4 instead of the 14+2 I had myself down at, I'm much impressed to be ahead the all of 2 days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Boys names we are fine on as I want to called the baby after my Dad if it's a boy, but girls names................???!!!:confused:

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Boys names we are fine on as I want to called the baby after my Dad if it's a boy, but girls names................???!!!:confused:

We are the opposite...my boyfriend is an ecologist/botanist and he wanted to give the name of a flower or plant to the baby...but all the plant names are for girls! :D

We are the opposite...my boyfriend is an ecologist/botanist and he wanted to give the name of a flower or plant to the baby...but all the plant names are for girls! :D

The Gods must be tell us something...a boy for me and a girl for you, who needs ultrasounds :D;)

The Gods must be tell us something...a boy for me and a girl for you, who needs ultrasounds :D;)

Oh, I already know mine is a boy (although my sister thinks it would be HILARIOUS if the baby came out a girl...) so the boyfriend spend three evenings reading through his plant books looking for a name suitable for a boy...poor thing!

Oh, I already know mine is a boy (although my sister thinks it would be HILARIOUS if the baby came out a girl...) so the boyfriend spend three evenings reading through his plant books looking for a name suitable for a boy...poor thing!

Ah a little boy that's lovely. Me and my OH have a bet on, he's saying girl and I'm saying boy, whoever loses gets the first dirty nappy:p. Here's to me having a boy :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ah a little boy that's lovely. Me and my OH have a bet on, he's saying girl and I'm saying boy, whoever loses gets the first dirty nappy:p. Here's to me having a boy :D:D:D

And the first dirty nappy is a real pleasure to change... meconium... lovely sticky stuff that, it's great trying to get it off with cotton balls and water!

Wow Cap that's great they changed your dates :) what's your EDD now? The Doc put me a few days ahead but said to leave the org date of 25.12.11 & servos things go.. Can't believe your nearly 15 weeks already :) it seems to be flying for ya :) how was the scan? Bet that little bean was just amazing :) glad it went so well!

Ms & Ivy I'm so glad I'm not the only one struggling for names ;) hehe!
    We have a bet on ourselves! I say a boy and he wreckens a girl! It's for €5 lol & it has to be paid in the delivery room lol :o I'm still a little disappointed we never got to find out but we're excited for the suprise now! Baby is still breech at the mo I can feel where they are.. Legs are kicking my groin all day & it really hurts lol! I hope that doesn't mean they've engagged breech?! I'm starting to feel dome pressure but not sure if it's just cause their lite legs are inside my pelvis?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Thanks you guys - I'm ok, feeling much better today anyway. More appointments this week, they're at least keeping an eye on me. 36 weeks tomorrow...

woke up with an unholy crampy pain in my right side last night though - felt almost like nasty period pain - but went away, and nothing since. Must be some pratice contractions or Braxton Hicks...wohooo. :rolleyes:

Re names: Same here - struggling to find nice boy's names (with the added fun that the German branch of our family must be able to pronounce/spell them- that rules out a lot of the nice Irish names...;-() I'm threatening to call baba 'ganainm' if we can't decide (convinced we're having a boy, even though I don't know for sure).

Advertisement