Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

Tigeress wrote: »
    Lol wanna come do my house? I'm dying to get stuck in cleaning but I get too sore too quick & end up in agony for days so I'm only do the basics at the mo.. For the residue I'd advise Cilit Bang Limescale Remover, we get real bad residue because our water is so hard here & that stuff works amazing although it's a little pricey..

Don't tempt me, I'll get my own house done first and see how I feel after that :D must give that Cillit bang a go, it'll drive me nuts if I can't get it clean.

I see you have 7wks, 5 days to go. We must be due around the same time, I have 7 wks 3 days (due 23rd Dec). I've a feeling about the 28th though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Yeah very close together Cottontail :) I'm 25th Dec! My OH wreckens the 28th for us too lol! Hopefully we won't go too much over :) I'm ready for this baba now

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

wow, congrats Avril!
    Fantastic that your first labour was so fast - what's your secret??!! :D

yes please share your secret!:D congrats avril :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Hannibal, that's gas about the midwives - do they really give out to you for bringing wipes? :eek:
    I brought cotton wool when going in to have my daughter because I was convinced I was goin to use only cloth nappies, nothing stronger than cotton wool & water on her bottom.
    Lol that lasted about a fortnight til I realised how messy newborn poo's can be and how the cotton wool sticks everywhere!! :o

Sounds like you had a tough time with your pregnancy, I'm delighted they let you home I can only imagine how sick of the hospital you must have been :(
    How is little Simon settling in at home? & what does his big brother make of him?
    I can't believe the consultant dropped him :O

No, it wasn't me I was a good girl and brought cotton wool *angel face* ;) But a few of the girls were caught with wipes and the midwives told them they couldn't use them that they had to use cotton wool. Sure one day I went into get a drink of water for Simon because he was a bit constipated and jees the hoops I had to go through just to get a bottle of sterilised water for him!

Simon is absolutely great....he's such a little sweetheart. Finn thinks he's great he kisses and cuddles him all the time, it's just sometimes he doesn't realise exactly how gentle he should be, but other than that he's fantastic with him.

How are you getting on? Nothing worse with back pain in pregnancy, have you tried a bath? How many weeks are you now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Avril123 wrote: »
    News...I had baby ciara yesterday morning after being in labour for 1 hour and 40 mins and having NO drugs!! I was too late for the epidural evening though I was begging for it but needing to push at the sane time :) Any useful tips for a first time mum would be greatly appreciated :)

Awww Avril congratulations!!! Welcome to the world baby Ciara. What a fantastic short labour, though I'm sure it didn't feel like it at the time!

Best advice is enjoy her, give her lots of kisses and cuddles before she can run off on you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Just back from a marathon day at the antenatal clinic. Had growth scan, doctor, midwife, bloods, diabetic nurse and second doctor. It all went great. Blood pressure is still up a bit (around 140/85) but they don't seem concerned at all (mad as it's exactly the same as my first pregnancy when I ended up on meds). They're happy enough with my diabetes control, although I did get to see the GD nurse again for a few tips for getting my morning levels down. And the scan went great. EDD is 18th November, 17 days to go, and baby is measuring around the 7lb 9 mark just now, so a tiny bit smaller than my son was at the same stage (although obvs it's not an exact science) and all the other measurements put baby at 37 weeks, so very slightly behind, although bang on my own personal EDD of Nov 22nd!

Midwife and doctor both had loads of time for me today for the first time ever. I had to go back to see a second doctor before I finished just to get the all clear on the BP, but she signed me off as fine. Best of all, I don't have to go back to the hospital until the 15th, just 3 days off my EDD! I feel like I've gotten away with a serious crime, this time last pregnancy I was on meds and in for monitoring every second day. So delighted! If all goes well, they might even leave me alone until I get to 40+7, at which point I'll be delighted to be induced. Of course, I might go myself before then, doubt it though!

Hope everyone else is feeling fine and healthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Well I had the GTT and got the all clear today so Im delighted :)
    I didnt really think I had it but you know the way you start 2nd guessing urself! :o

Tigeress, Im totally with you on the temp control! Im roasting all the time and my poor hubby is freezing! I have the air con on in the car and the window open in the bed room! I dont think I could ever cope being pregnant in the summer!!!:eek:

Hope you are all enjoying the immediate change from Hallowe'en to Christmas mode! They dont really hang around do they!?! But Im not complaining...
    I LOVE CHRISTMAS and I just cant wait to meet our little bundle :D:D:D

x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Dreams can be cruel :(
    I woke up to find that I had a bloody show this morning - at least I thought I did!! So exciting!

...then I woke up for real and there was no bloody show... So still counting down to the 15th :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I woke up to find that I had a bloody show this morning - at least I thought I did!! So exciting!

...then I woke up for real and there was no bloody show... So still counting down to the 15th :cool:

Maybe you were getting Braxton Hicks in your sleep? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 gtul

I had the exact same dream the other night!! very dissappointing:eek:

• Advertisement

Ha, I dreamt last night that baby just slipped out while I was sleeping and was all cuddled up at the end of the bed when I woke up! No such luck, although the dream was probably triggered by the dog sneaking in to the room during the night and making herself at home on my feet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Ha, I dreamt last night that baby just slipped out while I was sleeping and was all cuddled up at the end of the bed when I woke up! No such luck, although the dream was probably triggered by the dog sneaking in to the room during the night and making herself at home on my feet!

LOL wouldn't it be great if that was how they were born? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Cat, that baby may just slip out, as its been so little time since the last birth!! or so everyone keeps warning me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

24 and a half weeks now - for the last week or so ive had almost constant achiness in my lower abdomen - anyone else get this? is it just stretching? getting plenty kicks too so am sure everything is ok - just wondering is it going to be like this for the next 15/16 weeks!!! its almost like period pain - but not half as bad - just achiness really - gets worse when ive been standing a while (which is only 45 hrs a week at work then...!!:rolleyes:) I think i have grown a fair bit in the last week so just want to see if it felt similar for ye? i think i started growing properly a week ago...is it constant from now on?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

hi everyone, just to let you all know, purplecat who posts here is my other half. today she gave birth to two lovely babies, a boy and a girl.:D. all are doing well. so much for a january due date. you just never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

aw, that's great news, congrats to you both! Must have been a bit of a surprise though if you weren't expecting until Jan!

Cottontail wrote: »
    aw, that's great news, congrats to you both! Must have been a bit of a surprise though if you weren't expecting until Jan!
    you bet cotton, she went for one of our regular visits to our consultant yesterday,puples blood pressure was up so she was being kept in for 24 hours observation. this morning i get a call to get into the hospital ,no explanation . so i arrive ,no would you like to sit down. just we're going to have to section your wife today and deliver the twins this morning :eek::eek::eek:. we'd nothing bought in advance as we're both kinda superstitious :eek::eek:. but all went well. i cant fault the hospital one bit everyone was magnificent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

God, that a fair bit early, congrats, must have really been a shock!

Dont worry about not having ever thing, when you get a chance make a list of what you need and have an answer when friends say, 'What can we get you?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Cat, that baby may just slip out, as its been so little time since the last birth!! or so everyone keeps warning me!

It won't :( Number 2 definitely didn't slip out, and there was a 14 month gap... number 3 didn't slip out either but she was a lot easier than number 2, gap of 20 months :p

hi everyone, just to let you all know, purplecat who posts here is my other half. today she gave birth to two lovely babies, a boy and a girl.:D. all are doing well. so much for a january due date. you just never know.

Congrats Double & Purple :) what a shock! Great to hear Mammy & Babies are doing so well! Have you picked names yet?

DL I have those pains constantly :( the further along you are the worse they get (well at least in my case!) mine is to do with a bone out of place in my pelvis rubbing against nerves.. At least that's the explanation I get from Docs.. Although they sometimes say it's something else so I guess they don't know for sure but the bone thing keeps coming up so it must be partially to do with it!

I had my check up today 32w4d said baby is still breech & I've to go back in 4 weeks, they don't seem to positive that baby will turn in the next 4 weeks so they told me today that if baby is still breech I'll be given my section date when I go back in 4 weeks.. Hopefully this baby will turn for me :) said they can't turn them because of the way they are.. Wasnt really fond of the turning anyways! Because I'm in so much pain they said even if baby turns they might induce me early (around 39 weeks) so hopefully that happens!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

OMG missed this... congratulations! Hope all is well with the babies and the missus :D

I know this is the pregnancy thread but quick question... Ellen is 4 weeks old today... I breastfed for a week but my milk still hasn't dried up... it was definitely gone by about two weeks on the other two (I breastfed for max three days on number 2)... I'm not too bothered by it because my boobs aren't full/sore or anything... but is this normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Congrats to all the new mums!

I'm 25+4 today and had my monthly gyny consulation today. Everything is grand with my little fella, except that he has turned back into the breech position again. He's a real little mover! I didn't get a good look at his face today on the scan because his feet were up in front of it and he was kinda playing with them! He weighs 800g, I knew he had grown cos my bump has just exploded in the last week and I feel it more in my back.

On my side, things are grand, blood pressure is normal, put on two pounds in the last month which is not to bad. Cervix is closed, and the height of my uterus is grand. Also found out I can take Gaviscon for my heartburn, woop! Got a prescription for the flu vaccine, and also for the O'Sullivan blood sugar test.

Discovered today that I have a TON of paperwork to do. Don't know if it is the same in Ireland but the French do love it. Have to fill out my chart for the maternity clinic. Have to find a midwife for my ante natal classes, have to fill out a form for the anaesthesist, and make a apt to see him in January (to discuss epidurals, I think). Also, because I'm not married, we don't just have to declare the birth of the baby (one form), we each separately have to recognise that we are the parents of the baby (one form each). Better get a new biro! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

omg congrats to both of you! glad to hear all is good. now santa will be coming to your house and you can buy babys first christmas babygros!! :D that might make the rest of us start packing a bag! i think i might start anyway.

dublinlady- i had those stretching pains around the same time as you. they eased off/disappeared for about a month or so. i hit 29 weeks and they returned with a bang! 30 weeks tomorrow and they are occasional at the moment. come tomorrow ill have 10 weeks left :eek::eek: cant wait:D

Had my Midwife Antenatal Class today :) was good, very long.. To be honest there was only a few things that I thought were good but all the rest I read in books so I knew most of it.. But in saying that of ya didn't read up on anything it was very imformative :)
    Have another one next Thurs & it's all about the actual labour so I'm looking forward to that :)

Red fraggle Congrats on 30 weeks :) hopefully the next 10 will fly for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Wow congratulations!! what a suprise to have them so early. Will they be kept in hospital long?
    I hope mum & babies are recovering well :)

Hope all are keeping well, the back pain is finally easing off, this pregnancy is starting to get a bit easier :D (hope I didn't speak too soon! :o )

thanks for all the replies folks. yep it came as a huge shock and surprise.i've been walking around in a daze for the last couple of days. people asking me different questions and you'd swear i was on a different planet. i'm just out of it and i'm completely shattered. yesterday i was awake at 4 am, got into the hospital early but was told to leave after a couple of hours as they're extremely busy. had to go to my job to fill out the maternity leave for myself. and have to admit my bosses have been great for giving me time off.
    caprilicious they'll be kept in for 5-6 weeks. joshua was 2lb 6oz, caoimhe was 2lb 7oz.
    red i was eating a chinese when i read your comment about santa and nearly choked on it laughing. yep you better get those bags packed just in case red, dont leave it to us men . purple was asking me to get her things and as soon as i left the hospital i was "ehhhh what do i have to get":o
    ivy, purple was taking the Gaviscon advanced aniseed for the acid re-flux. towards the end of last week purple was prescribed solphadine for the pain, she read the instructions regarding pregnant women and one quick call to our consultant cleared it up.
    mom and the buddies are doing great.
    someone has a thread about the difference between public and private. i suppose my last couple of posts really says it all about the difference. we went private and were treated with the best of care from day one. the twins were watched closely on every visit, but what gave it all away on tues was the urine sample. the private consultant wasn't happy with the amount of protein and i guess that started alarm bells.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Tigeress wrote: »
    Congrats Double & Purple :) what a shock! Great to hear Mammy & Babies are doing so well! Have you picked names yet?
    DL I have those pains constantly :( the further along you are the worse they get (well at least in my case!) mine is to do with a bone out of place in my pelvis rubbing against nerves.. At least that's the explanation I get from Docs.. Although they sometimes say it's something else so I guess they don't know for sure but the bone thing keeps coming up so it must be partially to do with it!
    I had my check up today 32w4d said baby is still breech & I've to go back in 4 weeks, they don't seem to positive that baby will turn in the next 4 weeks so they told me today that if baby is still breech I'll be given my section date when I go back in 4 weeks.. Hopefully this baby will turn for me :) said they can't turn them because of the way they are.. Wasnt really fond of the turning anyways! Because I'm in so much pain they said even if baby turns they might induce me early (around 39 weeks) so hopefully that happens!

My baby was transverse at 32 weeks but now she has gone head down, 3 weeks later. There are some positions you can get into to encourage them to turn. The website I looked at was called spinningbabies.com I think.

Also, since she has moved my pelvic pain has definitely eased. I can walk at normal speed now

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    My baby was transverse at 32 weeks but now she has gone head down, 3 weeks later. There are some positions you can get into to encourage them to turn. The website I looked at was called spinningbabies.com I think.
    The exercises on spinningbabies worked for me and other mums-to-be as well. They're very simple and well worth trying out.

Thanks Caedaoin :) just having a look at that site now! Hope it works :) I was told I'm not allowed to use my excercise ball anymore because baby is breech it could make them engage breech aparently.. But they haven't told me to sit or stand in a particular way to help baby to turn..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Evening all, wow more new babas, everytime I log in someone has had their little bundle, congrats to you all!

Tigeress I've my fingers crossed that your little one turns for you, not long now till you get to meet :)

19 weeks yesterday, almost half way through now, where has the time gone:)
    Heading down to the sticks tomorrow for a few days to see my parents. Gonna do some baby shopping on Sunday with my mum, being so far away I don't want her not to feel connected to the baby so I will try to control my obessively controlling side and let her pick out some of the baby things:D

Babs moving alot more everyday, I've a Midwives appointment on Wednesday, gonna ask about the flu jab then as I still can't make up my mind:confused:

Advertisement