Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

Hi everyone. Congrats to all those who have new babies.

I'm delighted to be joining thread. We just found out we're expecting :D - probably in early July but will need a scan to confirm. We have a 7 month old girl so this will be number 2 for us (with a 15 month gap). I was a lurker when pregnant with her but this time I'm going to do it all properly!

MS 2011 - I didn't get the flu jab last winter when I was preg. Both the midwife and the GP said that they had to recommend it as it's official HSE policy now but that if it wasn't they wouldn't, given that I'm young and otherwise healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Wow MS 19 weeks already :) that's flown! Hope you have fun baby shopping :) I loved it! Can't wait to either find out what we're having or when this little one comes & we know the sex to go buy some blue or pink clothes lol!

Welcome aboard Cuddle! Congratulations! You'll have your hands full mod next year :p

Anyone know where you can buy Maternity Swimsuits? My OH read that just getting into the swimming pool and walking or light swimming can do wonders on pelvic pain so we wanna go tomorrow and i tried on my normal swimsuit and it wouldn't go near me lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Avril123

I got a really nice set in Mothercare in stephens green shopping centre,

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Tigeress wrote: »
    Anyone know where you can buy Maternity Swimsuits? My OH read that just getting into the swimming pool and walking or light swimming can do wonders on pelvic pain so we wanna go tomorrow and i tried on my normal swimsuit and it wouldn't go near me lol..

I saw some on ASOS last night. Dunno how much though but no point in getting a mad expensive one either I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Yes have to get me a swimsuit... Or more like whale suit... Feel like I'd sink right to the bottom!! Haha! Def don't want a tight one tho - I did see fairly decent looking ones in mothercare recently also!
    Still feel like I'm stretched to capacity! Hard to believe there's another 15 weeks of growth left!! Tonight I just could not get comfortable on the couch - felt I was stretching my self more and more no matter what way I went!! Although that may well have been the chippy....... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

I had a look at the mothercare swimsuits today, nice for a bump but not much support in the booby area and mine are getting bigger by the day :( so no use to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Most of the swimsuits in Debs and Dunnes with cris cross stomach panels were fine for maternity, in the end I got one in pennys and last time it fitted right up till 40 weeks. I was a 12 and I bought a 16 but 14 would have been fine.

@Tigeress: swimming is brilliant for pelvic, pain, even just being in the water. Nearly as good as yoga...

@Cuddles: welcome, I'm 27 weeks, I have a 13 month old girl and I'm expecting a boy in Jan. Seriously, did you plan, this? because I didnt. I'm kinda of glad now as I will have a boy and a girl and a partner with the snip!! But, I swear my 1 yrs old knows I can run after her, or get up quickly! Best of luck, hope you get your scan soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

pippington wrote: »
    I had a look at the mothercare swimsuits today, nice for a bump but not much support in the booby area and mine are getting bigger by the day :( so no use to me!

Wear a black bra underneath, I did and it worked our grand to support the massive boobies! :D

TIGRESS, swimming is fantastic for pelvic pain, I had hip pain thru our my pregnancy and swimming did ease it, as did one of those fiddly odd shaped pillows that u can throw a leg over!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm delighted to be joining thread. We just found out we're expecting :D - probably in early July but will need a scan to confirm. We have a 7 month old girl so this will be number 2 for us (with a 15 month gap). I was a lurker when pregnant with her but this time I'm going to do it all properly!

I have a 14 month gap between my eldest two :) And a 20 month gap between number 2 and number 3 :p

Thanks for all the replies ladies :) going to Mothercare in a few to have a look & hopefully get a swimsuit! Gonna go swimming today with himself & hopefully it'll help :) if it does I'll be going daily lol! 33 weeks :) 7 more to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

I'm due early july too cuddles!!

hi everyone!! i graduated from TTC today with my positive test! am about 4 weeks on my first baby, nervous, excited !

Welcome aboard Javagal & huge congratulations! Just take it easy :) wishing you a healthy & happy pregnancy!

Ladies for those who have Pelvic or Back Pain I went swimming for an hour & a half today (by swimming I mean me just bobbing along lol) it was such relief :) I actually forgot what it feels like to be pain free! The pains came back as soon as I got out (btw my bump felt soooo heavy getting outta the water :o) but it was Sooo worth going! I'm gonna go every 2nd day from now on for as long as I can! Feel mote alive today if that makes sense lol my OH even brought me out for an early dinner so I feel great now :D hope everyone else is having such a good day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

With 10 days to go, I was starting to panic that we would never find a pram we like, but we finally bit the bullet and bought one today :)
    Am feeling a bit more prepared now, as that was really the last 'big' thing we had to get.

Now we're just missing the baby to go in it... ''Come on out baby - your transport awaits!!'' :D

With 10 days to go, I was starting to panic that we would never find a pram we like, but we finally bit the bullet and bought one today :)
    Am feeling a bit more prepared now, as that was really the last 'big' thing we had to get.

Now we're just missing the baby to go in it... ''Come on out baby - your transport awaits!!'' :D

Wow Cunning 10 days! I'm so jealous :p I hope your little one doesn't wait too long :) what buggy did you get in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

January wrote: »
    I know this is the pregnancy thread but quick question... Ellen is 4 weeks old today... I breastfed for a week but my milk still hasn't dried up... it was definitely gone by about two weeks on the other two (I breastfed for max three days on number 2)... I'm not too bothered by it because my boobs aren't full/sore or anything... but is this normal?

After ben, my milk didn't dry up for about 2 or 3 months.. i breastfed for about 4 months.. i did try at about 5 months to establish a supply again cos of his reaction to the formula but then we solved it another way..once you don't express it'll just dry up..eventually;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

January my supply still hasn't dried up and Ella is 11 months old. I fed her up to 5 and a half months. I have attributed it to the pill that I am on (cerazette) it is a progesterone only pill and on of the side effects can be leaking lol. If you are on the combined pill it is less likely but can still happen. Of course this only applies if you are actually on the pill :o

@wmpdd3 - Yes we planned it. We wanted them to be close in age. It might be crazy for a while but we know a few families with two so close and they've all managed. But I might have a different opinion when the time comes!! I spent the first couple of months after my girl was born thinking 'How do people manage with two??!!' I guess we'll find out!

Congrats javagal!

@ January - you're house sounds like fun!! It's tough for you I'm guessing but it's lovely for the kids. My mother in law and her two sisters were all born within 3 years and they seemed to have been great pals as kids.

Wow Cunning 10 days! I'm so jealous :p I hope your little one doesn't wait too long :) what buggy did you get in the end?

9 days now --down to single digits :eek:
    We got an Emmaljunga combi duo. It comes with a pram carry cot top and also a buggy chair, so it can be converted to a buggy when the child is bigger.
    Now I had sworn I wouldn't got for one of the ''pram'' type things with the large wheels, but we didn't have a big budget and it was on special offer so here it is..:) Having said that, it's still smaller than some of the 'tanks' they are pushing around over here!

stroller.jpg

• Advertisement

Cunning the pram looks awesome :) very stylish! Bet you can't wait to go out pushing your baby in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Cunning the pram looks awesome :) very stylish! Bet you can't wait to go out pushing your baby in it :)

I agree with tigeress - it looks great - I think the traditional style prams are just lovely!!

Just saw my belly move for some kicking for the first time!!! Live it!! So cool!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

9 days now --down to single digits :eek:
    We got an Emmaljunga combi duo. It comes with a pram carry cot top and also a buggy chair, so it can be converted to a buggy when the child is bigger.
    Now I had sworn I wouldn't got for one of the ''pram'' type things with the large wheels, but we didn't have a big budget and it was on special offer so here it is..:) Having said that, it's still smaller than some of the 'tanks' they are pushing around over here!

stroller.jpg

Oh no. You have just got me really wanting that pram. I absolutely love the old fashioned style. There doesn't seem to be many stockists in Ireland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

dublinlady wrote: »
    Just saw my belly move for some kicking for the first time!!! Live it!! So cool!!!!
    Aw wow I can't wait for that to start! I have been getting some flutters the past week or so & kind of ripples on my tum, but I think they're nerves rather than baby movements! Looking so forward to feeling proper movements though :)

January my phn suggested cabbage leaves on my boobs to stop the milk & it did the drink.
    Smelled a bit manky the first day but as I was housebound for the few days it wasn't the end of the world!

Tigeress that's great to hear that the swimming worked for you, must give it a try :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Aw wow I can't wait for that to start! I have been getting some flutters the past week or so & kind of ripples on my tum, but I think they're nerves rather than baby movements! Looking so forward to feeling proper movements though :)

January my phn suggested cabbage leaves on my boobs to stop the milk & it did the drink.
    Smelled a bit manky the first day but as I was housebound for the few days it wasn't the end of the world!

Tigeress that's great to hear that the swimming worked for you, must give it a try :)

I'm not too bothered about it really because I'm not leaking... it's only if I try to do it it comes out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

dublinlady wrote: »
    I agree with tigeress - it looks great - I think the traditional style prams are just lovely!!

It's class isn't it!

My belly moves a lot in the morning, when I am still in bed and I lie on my back. I end up getting fits of laughter cos it looks so cool/freaky!

Thanks all for the nice comments on the pram. Am feeling a bit better about my purchase now smile.gif
    I guess it's just the big awkward chassis and wheels (I originally wanted something with swivel wheels) that I like the least. But yes, I am still looking forward to my first stroll with the baba in it smile.gif

So 8 days to go and still nothing stirring. The waiting game is horrible..
    I am hoping I don't end up having to be induced, as I have heard that's more painful than natural labour..:(

Looking forweard to my appointment with the midwife tomorrow. Am hoping the baby is still lying head down -- there's been so much movement lately! I thought the movements were supposed to decrease as the baby runs out of room - but not in my case tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

hi all. so lovely to hear bout all the movements. i mostly feel them in the evening in the bed, during the night or in the morning. i love it but sometimes they make me jump, not sure if its cos they are so strong or cos baby hits a tickly spot. I cant wait to meet my little one. technically in single digits now 9 weeks and 5 days left :D

i got a pram thats a 3 in one and one of the bits is like cuinning stunts. i thought i would never have one like this but cant wait to have baby in it. its red so will suit boy or girl :D

Cap it's definatley worth a try! I'm going again today :) hopping if I go every 2 days it might keep the pains at a more tolerable level!
    There's something really nibbling at me at the mo.. I really wanna try breast feeding as I know it's best & the books say to get some nipple cream in before baby comes encase you get sore or cracked nipples.. So I went into Boots to get some & it turns out I can't use any of them :( I'm highly allergic to Savalon (serious reactions to it) and all the creams have one of the 2 main ingredients to Savalon in them.. I can't even risk trying a little to see if I react as I'd need hospital attention to stop the reaction.. So I don't know what to do now.. I'm still adamant on trying to breastfeed but don't know weather I should get the nipple gards to use instead as this stops the cracking but it's more fiddly! Any suggestions? I'm back with my GP next week so I'll ask him if there's anything else I can try if i need too.. Would rather know in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Cap it's definatley worth a try! I'm going again today :) hopping if I go every 2 days it might keep the pains at a more tolerable level!
    There's something really nibbling at me at the mo.. I really wanna try breast feeding as I know it's best & the books say to get some nipple cream in before baby comes encase you get sore or cracked nipples.. So I went into Boots to get some & it turns out I can't use any of them :( I'm highly allergic to Savalon (serious reactions to it) and all the creams have one of the 2 main ingredients to Savalon in them.. I can't even risk trying a little to see if I react as I'd need hospital attention to stop the reaction.. So I don't know what to do now.. I'm still adamant on trying to breastfeed but don't know weather I should get the nipple gards to use instead as this stops the cracking but it's more fiddly! Any suggestions? I'm back with my GP next week so I'll ask him if there's anything else I can try if i need too.. Would rather know in advance!

My mum used vaseline on her nipples when she was breast feeding, I don't know if that contains what you are allergic to but it worked for her so it could be worth having a look.

Advertisement