Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Oh Cunning Stunt,
    I am so so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart goes out to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Oh God Cunning I don't know what to type, I really don't........

You, your family and your little angel are in my thoughts xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Cunning, so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your partner at this time x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Hi all,

it's not good news I'm afraid.
    I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on Saturday morning, but it was a difficult labour near the end and she was stuck and stressed.
    She didn't live long after they got her out. Doctors are baffled as to why she left us, and we have to wait for examination results - but personally we both think the birth was just too stressful for her.
    We will always remember the minute or so where she was alive on my chest. She will be with us forever.

I want you all to know what happened in my case was rare. I wish you all the best with your pregnancies. You will all be fine!

Cunning xx

My jaw dropped when I saw this, so very very sorry :(

Please look after yourself.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Cunning, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I cant believe it. My condolences to you and your husband on the loss of your little daughter. words seem so inadequate...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

CunnIng - I'm so so so incredibly sorry. There are no words at all. I can't imagine how your feeling. I'm just so sorry you have to endure this devastating and cruel tragedy.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad sad time. I'm so sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I'm so, so sorry Cunning. I have no words that will help, I can only send you my thoughts. My heart is breaking for you, I've been in tears since I read your post. We've never met, but I feel like all of us on here have shared our journeys together. Mind yourselves, I wish you strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Cunning, my heart just sank when I read you post. I have no idea what to say, but if you can bear it try stay close to this thread so we can make sure you get through this OK. Your post has really knocked me for 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Cunning I'm so very very sorry for your loss.. You, your OH & your little Angel are in my thoughts.. I can't even begin to imagine how devastated you must must be feeling hun.. Sending you my love xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

God Cunning I'm just so sorry, that is devastating. I don't know what to say but just to let you know you are in my thoughts. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

I'd like to echo the sentiments of all the others above, I'm so sorry for your loss Cunning, I will be thinking of you and your little angel x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Have been keeping an eye on this thread but never contributed to it.
    But can't not reply now after reading the terrible news.
    Cunning, I am so so sorry to hear what happened your little girl.
    You and your husband are in my thoughts, and will be for a long time.

God bless your little girl Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

My sincerest condolences Cunning. I hope you and your partner get the answers needed and are given the time & space & support to get through this. I'm absolutely devastated you both, as someone said above, no woman should have to experience what you're going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

+1 to all the above posts.
    It took a lot of courage to come on here and share your sad experience, Cunning.
    So sorry to hear of your loss. Thinking of you and your family x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Hi all,

it's not good news I'm afraid.
    I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on Saturday morning, but it was a difficult labour near the end and she was stuck and stressed.
    She didn't live long after they got her out. Doctors are baffled as to why she left us, and we have to wait for examination results - but personally we both think the birth was just too stressful for her.
    We will always remember the minute or so where she was alive on my chest. She will be with us forever.

I want you all to know what happened in my case was rare. I wish you all the best with your pregnancies. You will all be fine!

Cunning xx

Words cannot express how sorry i am for you and all your family ...Its every parents worst nightmare.. I'm so very sorry for your loss, you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.. x x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Cunning,

My heart breaks for you and your OH. I hope you can find peace. I am sure your little Angel knows how wonderful of a Mummy and Daddy she has. Take care xxx

Cunning Stunt - I am so very sorry for your loss. God bless you, your partner and, above all, your little girl.

Hi Ladies, I hope it's ok to post some good news after whats happened but I'm dying to tell you all...

We had our scan today & baby is head down for sure! And...... We're having a BOY!!! to say we're over the moon is an understatement! He weighs nearly 7lb already eek! The Doc told me that they're gonna measure him again in 2 weeks (I'll be 38+3 then) & if he's big then they might induce me early.. I'm so excited! X

Tigeress wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, I hope it's ok to post some good news after whats happened but I'm dying to tell you all...

We had our scan today & baby is head down for sure! And...... We're having a BOY!!! to say we're over the moon is an understatement! He weighs nearly 7lb already eek! The Doc told me that they're gonna measure him again in 2 weeks (I'll be 38+3 then) & if he's big then they might induce me early.. I'm so excited! X

That's great news Tigress, many congrats! Not long left for us now! I had my latest clinic appt today, all good. Can't believe how close it all is now!

• Advertisement

I know Cottontail :-) it's so very exciting! How did your scan go? Do you know what you're having? We had definate girls names picked and no boys! We're sitting here searching through name sites to find some!

My scan went great, had it back in August. I'm having a boy as well, I'm delighted with that, I'll have 2 little boys which I'm really looking forward to! I think boy's names are slightly harder to pick, there's so many nice girl names out there. I'm sure you will find the perfect one for your little man though, sure you have a few weeks to think about it yet! :p

Cottontail wrote: »
    My scan went great, had it back in August. I'm having a boy as well, I'm delighted with that, I'll have 2 little boys which I'm really looking forward to! I think boy's names are slightly harder to pick, there's so many nice girl names out there. I'm sure you will find the perfect one for your little man though, sure you have a few weeks to think about it yet! :p

Awe that's so cute! 2 little boys :-) they'll be best friends! Is there a big age gap? I know .. Girls names are so easy to pick! We have a few names but nothing is giving us that WOW factor if ya know what I mean.. They gave us a scan of his little face today too & it's perfect! You can see his little face perfect! It's amazing I just keep staring at it! We still have a little while to pick the name but I think to be honest he'll bring it with him :-)
    Have you any picked?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

hi all,

i also had a scan today. ill be 34 weeks on friday.

had a growth scan today as doc thought i was measureing 4 weeks behind. i'm not thank god! turns out baby just has its head firmly down in the pelvis already!:eek: she said its unusual so early but doesnt mean baby will come early:rolleyes:.she also said it seems very comfy!! the little one is measuring around 4 pound 11. so im on target for a 7 to 8 pound baby :) head is also facing my back so thats all good. gona wash the baby things tomorrow and try get a bag packed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Tigeress - im delighted for ya that ya finally got to find out!!!!!
    Thats great news!! by the looks of things you'll have your little bundle of joy well in time for christmas!

Cottontail - hope your comfortable for the last few weeks - nearly there!!

Red fraggle - thats great news for you also - measuring 4 weeks behind would have been strange:confused: so its great the baby is just preparing for its exit!!

cunning...hope your doing ok..i cant stop thinking about you these last couple of days. Im so devastated for you and really hope your coping ok. As someone else said - its not something a woman or family should ever have to go through. Im glad you got to meet your little girl and spend some precious moments with her, she will have felt your love and bond and that will always be sacred. Again im so so sorry. I know this is probably the last thread you want to be near but just know the people one here who followed your story will always be here for you to pm or chat to whenever and if ever you need some support. mind yourself and your partner...x x x

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

hi all,

i also had a scan today. ill be 34 weeks on friday.

had a growth scan today as doc thought i was measureing 4 weeks behind. i'm not thank god! turns out baby just has its head firmly down in the pelvis already!:eek: she said its unusual so early but doesnt mean baby will come early:rolleyes:.she also said it seems very comfy!! the little one is measuring around 4 pound 11. so im on target for a 7 to 8 pound baby :) head is also facing my back so thats all good. gona wash the baby things tomorrow and try get a bag packed! :D

The last time, my daughters head was engaged at 32 weeks, but there was always confusion over my dates. In the end they decided we would just go with the scan dates.

I had her at 37w 4d!! so you'd never know.

They always told me she'd be big but I cant remember what weight they said. She was 6 pound 7 ounces in the end.

I'm finished up in work at 11pm next Saturday night. I cant wait. I'm getting angry with how slow I am getting physical things done.

The support belt has given me welts on my hips. Might have put it on a bit tight the other night.

We noticed ages ago when I sit done or bend over I sigh or grunt. I dont mean to but I really do, do this, but we discovered the other night my 14 month daughter does it too.

God what have I done to the poor thing. Every time she lifts up her teddy, she goes 'ooh'.

Great that everyone is getting good scans, it can put you in a great mood for the next few weeks and make you forget you had to wait for 4 hrs in the hospital!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

29+4 today, had my 7 month appointment with the gyny today. Everything is grand, he is 1.4kg/3lbs (apparently average weight for this stage), he put on 600g since the last appointment! You can see his face is all chubby now. He was playing with his feet and yawning away during the scan, awww. And we could see his hair today, think he will be a hairy monkey like I was when I was born! His head is down, the gyny says he reckons he will stay like that but I won't hold my breath, he has been changing position for every appointment.

As for me, all my measurements are grand, I put on no weight at all since last month (it must all be going to baby because I feel like I'm eating all around me...).

Next appointment is the big 3rd trimester morphology scan on the 22nd of december, will be nice to have all the photos before Christmas!

Red Fragle, great to hear your scan went well & baby is perfect & comfy :-) hopefully not too comfy & comes out on time! 34 weeks :-) getting close now for you! Are ya all set & ready for the big event?

DL great to hear from ya! Thanks we're over the moon we FINALLY found out with 3w3d to go lol we had decided on the way in that if the Doc couldn't tell we weren't gonna ask again.. We should have said it ages ago lol! I'm going out today to buy a little outfit for our little man hehe! How's your SPD Hun? Hopefully not too bad! Are you finishing work soon?

WM sorry to hear you're suffering so much :-( not too long till your finished work! Bet ya have the hours counted at this stage :-) it's very funny that your little one is copying you hehe they pay do much attention don't they?!
    I know how ya feel with the pain though :-( I'm in agony now & the Doc was checking me yest at the scan to see how bad my pains were & I started balling crying, she couldn't examine me properly cause I wad in so much pain with it, took me 5 mins to get my legs on the bed to lie down.. She said it's so bad she thinks I should start to use a crutch now which I was hoping to avoid.. But I think she's right..
    Did you suffer with this on your last pregnancy aswell? Is it a case of you get it once you'll have it on all pregnancies?

I'm actually looking forward to going to the GP tomorrow & getting this sinacitus checked out & hopefully it'll clear these headaches.. I'm in bits with intigestion too so Doc advised me to go & get tablets from the GP instead of Galvascon.. I can't eat at the mo cause it's so bad..

Ivy that's great news :-) I love seeing all those movements! 22nd Dec scan will be great :-) you'll be on a high for Christmas! X

• Advertisement

Tigeress wrote: »
    Awe that's so cute! 2 little boys :-) they'll be best friends! Is there a big age gap? I know .. Girls names are so easy to pick! We have a few names but nothing is giving us that WOW factor if ya know what I mean.. They gave us a scan of his little face today too & it's perfect! You can see his little face perfect! It's amazing I just keep staring at it! We still have a little while to pick the name but I think to be honest he'll bring it with him :-)
    Have you any picked?

My eldest son was born in January 2010, so he's nearly 2 now. I hope they will be good friends as they grow up, but having 2 brothers I know when they are younger they'll probably kill each other but hopefully will be friends when they grow up, like my own brothers are now.

we do have a name picked alright, it was a name that we NEARLY called the eldest but I had my heart set on another name for him so now that we're having another boy we're definitely going to use it. I've even got him a christmas stocking with his name embroidered on it, in case he arrives in time for Santa!!

Advertisement