Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Aww that's s cute! I have an Xmas Card & little pressie for my OH just encase my little man arrives before hand too :-) my BF has 2 little boys with the same age gap & they Absolutley love each other it's so cute! I think it'll change a bit when her younger starts crawling though lol!
    My OH has a name he loves but I'm not 100% on it so he keeps calling baby by it to try get me to change my mind lol.. He's so cheeky! I'd love an unusual name for him but we can't find any.. The name my OH has is a normal name but its nice so we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Hurraay Tigeress and Cottontail on the baby boys, add my little man and Dublinlady's little girl will have loadsa men folk to choose from in years to come ha ha :p:D

We have our little boy named so when he kicks etc. we refer to him by name now, even got one of those oval wooden plaques with his name burnt into it for his nursery door :)

Had some vouchers for different brands of nappies so went out today and stocked up. Have to say I was surprised by the prices 35 Huggies nappies €7.59, 41 Pampers €7.99 and 44 Tesco's Brand €4.99, got size 2 newborns on my sister's advice that they grow out of size 1 v.quickly. If Tesco's brand suit babs I'll definately be using those seem to get better value with them.

Thanks MS :-) great to hear you have your name picked! That's so cute that you got his name on the little plaque too!

I have Huggies & Tesco brand Nappies to try out! I heard the Tesco ones are brilliant & at 1/3 less in price if we think they suit our little man we'll be sticking to them too :-) I have Pampers from the free Pampers pack they send ya out at 28 weeks but my sisters kids all got v.bad rashes from them (I know not all babies will get this) but it's turned me off them.. I'll try them all the same as I have them..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hehe - myself and my hubbie were just saying our little girl won't be allowed outside the door until she's 40!!! Hehe so I laughed when I read your post ms!!
    Nappies.... God I'm clueless when it comes to these!! Wouldn't have a notion about sizes! How many should we have in the house before herself arrives? I read in something that you use about 8 a day!!!! I nearly fell off my chair.. Shows how clueless I am!!! :)
    We've named our little girl also - I think it's lovely as you kinda get to know the little person even before they arrive from their kick patterns etc, we constantly saying her name but as we are pretending we don't know the sex to everyone else it's hard not to let it slip!!!
    So my belly shrunk 2cm this week..? I presume it's dependent on what way she is lying? Anyone else experience this? Loads Of kicking so I'm not concerned just curious! Trying to drink loads of water as I know dehydration can affect amniotic fluid levels - but I'd say myself she's just moved or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

dublinlady wrote: »
    Hehe - myself and my hubbie were just saying our little girl won't be allowed outside the door until she's 40!!! Hehe so I laughed when I read your post ms!!!

Oh and of course no girl will be good enough for my son, I'll be a typical Irish mammy :D:D
    Nappies.... God I'm clueless when it comes to these!! Wouldn't have a notion about sizes! How many should we have in the house before herself arrives? I read in something that you use about 8 a day!!!! I nearly fell off my chair.. Shows how clueless I am!!! :)

I'm only going on what my sister tells me otherwise I'd be clueless too :o
    My sister is doing me up a basket with all the lotions, creams etc. in it cos I wouldn't have a clue what to be buying, she has also put some size 1 newborn nappies in it too so I should have plenty of that size so that's why I bought the next size up. I bought 3 packs today totally 120 nappies plus whatever my sister has bought should do me for at least the first week anyway until I get on my feet, here's hoping anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Oh and of course no girl will be good enough for my son, I'll be a typical Irish mammy :D:D

I'm only going on what my sister tells me otherwise I'd be clueless too :o
    My sister is doing me up a basket with all the lotions, creams etc. in it cos I wouldn't have a clue what to be buying, she has also put some size 1 newborn nappies in it too so I should have plenty of that size so that's why I bought the next size up. I bought 3 packs today totally 120 nappies plus whatever my sister has bought should do me for at least the first week anyway until I get on my feet, here's hoping anyway :)

About the nappies, I think I read somewhere on this forum that you can get "newborn" nappies, and the exact same size nappies marketed for small babies, apparently the newborn ones are dearer?

(Another clueless mammy-to-be here!)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    The last time, my daughters head was engaged at 32 weeks, but there was always confusion over my dates. In the end they decided we would just go with the scan dates.

I had her at 37w 4d!! so you'd never know.

i wouldnt mind 37 weeks!!! :)

sorry to hear some of ye are having so much pain. im not too bad at the moment.

i washed the baby clothes yesterday and half packed a bag. i wouldnt say im all sorted but im getting there. still have to do out a birth plan and do all the tidying and put some baby stuff together. not sure when ill get the time. im finished work in 13 days and im working most of them. they are getting their monies worth before i leave!!! :rolleyes: looking forward to finishing and also meeting this little wriggler :D

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Hehe - myself and my hubbie were just saying our little girl won't be allowed outside the door until she's 40!!! Hehe so I laughed when I read your post ms!!
    We've named our little girl also - I think it's lovely as you kinda get to know the little person even before they arrive from their kick patterns etc, we constantly saying her name but as we are pretending we don't know the sex to everyone else it's hard not to let it slip!!!
    So my belly shrunk 2cm this week..? I presume it's dependent on what way she is lying? Anyone else experience this? Loads Of kicking so I'm not concerned just curious! Trying to drink loads of water as I know dehydration can affect amniotic fluid levels - but I'd say myself she's just moved or something!

well my bump measured 4 weeks behind last week but when i had the scan all was fine. turns out the baby just has his/her head firmly down in the pelvis already!! i wouldnt worry. they do tend to fins little holes to hide in i think!!! mine also likes to stretch sideways instead of up into my ribs. wonder wehat my belly will loof like afterwards!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Size 2 Pampers Babydry

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSd9DdMVLytEh3GVqwIvpVIQhzLMHHrLi3VABkaG4HMW2pMBgYakA

are cheaper than Size 2 or 3 Pampers newborn.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6TUU2aLtlfpYVTG_WsvvuS6mZBYsauKz51-DWgSEXlxcQwvKE

The are a bit thicker and usually mums who have babys on 4oz every 4 hrs or sleep for 6 hrs at a time, recommend them as they seem to hold more. Never had that problem. My little girl still eats like a bird.

About cleaning the house, my best friend cleaned it from top to bottom last time, but this time I'm inviting my 2 sisters over and bribing them with a take away and wine to help me clean the house all over again. I plan on doing this at 36 weeks.

1 more week left in work, cant wait to finish up. My other half is on his x-mas holidays from next weeks too so we'll have 3 weeks of peace before he goes back to collage and a few weeks later I give birth.

Bump is getting too big for my cardigans, going mad I didnt have money for a bigger coat. I have one cape that fits but I cant push the buggy while wearing it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

|Girls, am 9 weeks tomorrrow, Had a bit of brown discharge last night and one kinda small brown stringy clot or something, have a scan booked for wednesday but can anyone tell me is this normal, it only lasted for ten minutes and i went straight to bed and haven't had anymore since?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

Apparently having some old blood discharge is fairly normal, as long as its not alot or isnt fresh bright red blood.

pippington wrote: »
    Apparently having some old blood discharge is fairly normal, as long as its not alot or isnt fresh bright red blood.

Thanks pippington,
    No it's only a tiny bit when I wiped. Have been wearing a panty liner since and nothing has stained it.
    Will keep an eye on it and keep my feet up.
    edit: thinking it might be due to a UTI, will go to the doctor during the week.

Javagirl I had that at the start & it's normal so long as it's not bright red or alot.. I was told by the Doc in the hospital that unless you go through 2 sanitary towels in an hour then not to worry. Personally I only got the blood discharge when I wiped too and was always on a knicker check lol.. You should ring your GP if you're worried though hun!

Tigeress wrote: »
    Javagirl I had that at the start & it's normal so long as it's not bright red or alot.. I was told by the Doc in the hospital that unless you go through 2 sanitary towels in an hour then not to worry. Personally I only got the blood discharge when I wiped too and was always on a knicker check lol.. You should ring your GP if you're worried though hun!

Thanks Tigress!! I had none today thank god, as I said I thought maybe I had a uti so I drank loadsa cranberry juice and water and seem better!
    Panic over..for now

Glad to hear Javagirl! Hope your scan goes well on Wed! You'll have to let us know how ya get on :-)

Can't believe I'm on the 3 week countdown ladies! 21 more days till the EDD.. Hope this little man makes an appearance for Xmas but I'd say he'll stay put for the max :-) so excited!!
    I keep getting Braxton Hicks in the middle of the night.. They do be very frequent & only after a few hours when I think, wow these are painful and regular! Then they stop again! The joys :-)

Tigeress wrote: »
    Glad to hear Javagirl! Hope your scan goes well on Wed! You'll have to let us know how ya get on :-)

Can't believe I'm on the 3 week countdown ladies! 21 more days till the EDD.. Hope this little man makes an appearance for Xmas but I'd say he'll stay put for the max :-) so excited!!
    I keep getting Braxton Hicks in the middle of the night.. They do be very frequent & only after a few hours when I think, wow these are painful and regular! Then they stop again! The joys :-)

It s amazing how regular and strong they are, I dont remember anyone talking about they before but they seem to effect every pregnant person I meet now.

Even my other half keeps freaking out when he wakes up and I'm gone from the bed in the middle of the night. I cant stay still when I get them so I go down stairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    It s amazing how regular and strong they are, I dont remember anyone talking about they before but they seem to effect every pregnant person I meet now.

Even my other half keeps freaking out when he wakes up and I'm gone from the bed in the middle of the night. I cant stay still when I get them so I go down stairs.

My mam actually thought I was making Braxton Hicks up! We were out in the car one day and I was getting a few and she got all panicky thinking it was the real thing... she says she's never had a Braxton Hick with four pregnancies!

I know! It's mad isn't it! It seems everyone is getting a taste of them.. I have to get up from bed too but I just walk up & down the room cause I can't manage the stairs :-o my OH never wakes up lol I'll be screaming at him when labour actually starts to wake him up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

hey all! have to catch up properly next time, just got a minute between feeds and changes - but just to say that we had a little baby boy, Ethan, last Tuesday night! :D I thought he'd never get out :p

labour and delivery did not go as planned at all (really, keep an open mind - ended up with an emergency c-section after a 10 hour labour that wasnt progressing...). more details later if anyone wants them :D

Oh thats great, lovely name. Congrats, of course we want to know what happened!

• Advertisement

Massive Congrats Galah :-D looking forward to hearing the details! Hope both you & Ethan are doing great xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

Great news Galah, many congrats on little Ethan! Hope ye are both doing well.

nothing doing here at all - apart from the bloody snow... I really hope it doesn't last. Trying to get to the hospital the first time around in the snow was fun, I don't want to go through that again!

I've been having strange dreams for the past few nights though, on Friday night I dreamed that the baby died before he was born, and last night I had a dream where me & hubby and a few family members were away in some other part of the country and I was telling people that I had to go into the hospital that day to have the baby, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to have a section because I didn't know how I was going to get the car home afterwards as I wouldn't be able to drive for 6 weeks... as I said, strange dreams! :pac:

Cottontail wrote: »
    Great news Galah, many congrats on little Ethan! Hope ye are both doing well.

nothing doing here at all - apart from the bloody snow... I really hope it doesn't last. Trying to get to the hospital the first time around in the snow was fun, I don't want to go through that again!

I've been having strange dreams for the past few nights though, on Friday night I dreamed that the baby died before he was born, and last night I had a dream where me & hubby and a few family members were away in some other part of the country and I was telling people that I had to go into the hospital that day to have the baby, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to have a section because I didn't know how I was going to get the car home afterwards as I wouldn't be able to drive for 6 weeks... as I said, strange dreams! :pac:

I have been having strange dreams too...made the mistake of watching a doc about Kazakhstan and they showed an orphanage full of kids with deformities. So of course, that night I dreamed my baby had those problems. I have dreamed he died too. And aparently my boyf has been dreaming about these sort of things too...think we need to destress!

Congrats Galah, lovely name!

Cottontail I have similar dreams & they really freak me out! I also dream that a perfect foot stocks out my stomach and I can hold it & tickle it, it's almost like my stomach is some sort of silicone or something instead of skin! I also keep waking my OH & having full conversations with him but don't remember anything the next morning lol..
    Nothing happening here either.. Plagued with Braxtons at night most nights now & very sore below :-( I think he might be engaged now but I could be wrong.. I get a pushing felling below on & off but it only last for a few mins and then goes away so he might just be pushing his hands down or something! I'm hoping he'll arrive before Xmas but I think he's there for the duration..

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

I don't remember having dreams like that the first time around though. I suppose every pregnancy is different!

I can't decide whether I want him to arrive before christmas or not... in one way it would be nice to get it over and be home, but in another way I'm looking forward to a nice quiet christmas with some sleep... I certainly don't want to be eating my christmas dinner in a hospital ward :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Congrats galah!! Beautiful name!!

I've been having awful dreams also - one involved a pimple on my belly turning into a hole and all the fluid seeped out and the baby died.. It was awful - felt so real - I woke up clutching my belly roaring crying - my husband just staring at me - took me ages to realise it was ok and only a bad dream! Felt so guilty for even dreaming it then!
    Had a physio appt this morn and apparently I have pelvic girdle something or other - but it's not too bad - she gave me some exercises which will hopefully keep the pain away! Reducing my hrs at work at start jan so that should make it better!
    Tried to start the Xmas shopping today..., dundrum is a nightmare when pregnant..., was trying to carry awkward bags and protect my bump from the mobs of ppl... My bump is quite neat still and so ppl don't realise and just bash by me - I felt like shouting 'be careful I'm precious right now!!' but thought that may just lead to more abuse ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congratulations Galah & baby Ethan! Hope you're both doing really well :)

Tried to start the Xmas shopping today..., dundrum is a nightmare when pregnant..., was trying to carry awkward bags and protect my bump from the mobs of ppl... My bump is quite neat still and so ppl don't realise and just bash by me - I felt like shouting 'be careful I'm precious right now!!' but thought that may just lead to more abuse ;)

That's gas I'm the same when I'm out and about. I'm not much of a tummy rubber at this stage, but do find myself covering it protectively with my hand if there's crowds around or particularly if there's boisterous kids running around.

I had a reoccurring dream a few weeks ago where I had the baby and he/she kept smiling at us. it was half lovely/half really weird!

Cottontail I so want my little man here before Xmas :-) would love it! I have to say the closer to my due date I get the more nervous I'm getting.. Cause I don't know what to expect with labour & when it'll happen it's making the worry worse! I just want that part over already lol! I'm such a wimp when it comes to pain that I know I'm gonna be awful during labour! Thankfully my OH knows all this from years of experience with me so he won't be running away hehe

• Advertisement

Had a bleed this morning and thought I was loosing baby-mind you it wasn't heavy.
    Anyway went to epu and got scanned and baby is doing well, heartbeart and all but the hospital think I'm only 7 weeks on baby's size while I think 9weeks.
    They said it could be due to the fact I came off the pill and what I thought was my period was a withdrawel bleed so I wouldn't know when I ovulated but I did a clear blue test on the 8/11/11 and it said 2-3(4-5) weeks but baby is only measuring 7 weeks.
    Does this sound ok? Although I saw baby's heart I'm still gonna worry about it!

Advertisement