Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

javagal wrote: »
    Had a bleed this morning and thought I was loosing baby-mind you it wasn't heavy.
    Anyway went to epu and got scanned and baby is doing well, heartbeart and all but the hospital think I'm only 7 weeks on baby's size while I think 9weeks.
    They said it could be due to the fact I came off the pill and what I thought was my period was a withdrawel bleed so I wouldn't know when I ovulated but I did a clear blue test on the 8/11/11 and it said 2-3(4-5) weeks but baby is only measuring 7 weeks.
    Does this sound ok? Although I saw baby's heart I'm still gonna worry about it!

Hey java girl ,
    I can only imagine how worried your feeling, but the main thing for the time being is to stay positive and rest as much as you can. I'd be trying to stay sitting and lying down as much as possible over the next week or so. When ya due to go back?
    Being positive is really the best thing you can do and try to mind yourself, I know how horrible it is when you are given reason to doubt things, I hope your ok and as I said just try to stay positive, x x

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Tigeress wrote: »
    Cottontail I so want my little man here before Xmas :-) would love it! I have to say the closer to my due date I get the more nervous I'm getting.. Cause I don't know what to expect with labour & when it'll happen it's making the worry worse! I just want that part over already lol! I'm such a wimp when it comes to pain that I know I'm gonna be awful during labour! Thankfully my OH knows all this from years of experience with me so he won't be running away hehe

13 days til due and still not prepared. We're going to use the lie flat buggy as a moses basket for a few weeks so I'm not too worried about the cot not being anywhere assembled, but I would like the new room to be cleaned out. At the moment we're waiting on the delivery of the new chest of drawers so we can put all the baby clothes away and that'll be most of it done.

I'm washing all the clothes today and it's actually beginning to freak me out. We had some new and some second hand stuff but I'm washing everything cos that's what I've read. The littleness of the things is freaking me out! And there's some stuff that just confuses me once it's out of the wrapper - I'm just staring at the things wondering what they're for!

Between burp flannels and flannel sheets - I know, the size will give them away, but I'm feeling fairly overwhelmed at the moment....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

nicowa wrote: »
    13 days til due and still not prepared. We're going to use the lie flat buggy as a moses basket for a few weeks so I'm not too worried about the cot not being anywhere assembled, but I would like the new room to be cleaned out. At the moment we're waiting on the delivery of the new chest of drawers so we can put all the baby clothes away and that'll be most of it done.

I'm washing all the clothes today and it's actually beginning to freak me out. We had some new and some second hand stuff but I'm washing everything cos that's what I've read. The littleness of the things is freaking me out! And there's some stuff that just confuses me once it's out of the wrapper - I'm just staring at the things wondering what they're for!

Between burp flannels and flannel sheets - I know, the size will give them away, but I'm feeling fairly overwhelmed at the moment....

Have you checked the buggy is suitable for this? Some buggies are not suitable for long stretches of sleep as the mattresses don't allow for enough circulation of air... I think the Quinny Dreami carry cot is suitable for it but not sure what others are...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Javagirl I hope you're ok, any type of bleeding in pregnancy can be so frightening :( If its any consolation I had a bleed at 9 weeks when pregnant with my daughter yet went on to have a healthy baby.
    I'm delighted the scan went well, strong heartbeat found.
    With this pregnancy my baby in the earlier stages was measuring 4 days behind going by the clearblue digital dates & my last period; however I was certain I had ovulated 4-5 days later than day 14 so that seemed to be the reason. Either way baby seems to have caught up growth wise & now matches the hospital dates.

I hope you're ok x.

January wrote: »

Have you checked the buggy is suitable for this? Some buggies are not suitable for long stretches of sleep as the mattresses don't allow for enough circulation of air... I think the Quinny Dreami carry cot is suitable for it but not sure what others are...

Yeah Bella baby sold me a little mattress to put I to the baby jogger pram if I'm using it for longer than a couple of hrs as it will make it safe by regulating temperature. I got it as going on hols in April when baba will be 8 weeks old and I don't want to put get in cot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

Cottontail I so want my little man here before Xmas :-) would love it! I have to say the closer to my due date I get the more nervous I'm getting.. Cause I don't know what to expect with labour & when it'll happen it's making the worry worse! I just want that part over already lol! I'm such a wimp when it comes to pain that I know I'm gonna be awful during labour! Thankfully my OH knows all this from years of experience with me so he won't be running away hehe

I think if this was my first I would want him here for christmas too, but I don't want to miss all the excitement of Santa etc for my eldest (not that he gets it yet, he thought Santa was Batman last week!!). Hopefully I won't though and if his brother decides to arrive before Christmas then the more the merrier!!

Not knowing what to expect about labour is the worst. If it's any consolation I found it to be better than expected the last time and i'm not half as nervous this time around. Yes there will be pain etc but it is manageable and all worth it when you see the end result!

I'm finished work now on Friday and I'm finding it so hard to get motivated to do anything. The place could fall down around me and I don't think I'd care!

dublinlady wrote: »
    Yeah Bella baby sold me a little mattress to put I to the baby jogger pram if I'm using it for longer than a couple of hrs as it will make it safe by regulating temperature. I got it as going on hols in April when baba will be 8 weeks old and I don't want to put get in cot!

I need a new mattress for it anyway, so thanks for the advice! I'm so behind. I still don't even have a nursing bra yet!

I still don't even have a nursing bra yet!

lol you're not alone, I should be shot for this I know, but I'm still wearing an underwired bra. I got 2 x specific nursing/maternity bra's and they're the most itchy/uncomfortable things ever!

Cottontail I think I have about the same amount of motivation as you have at the moment, at least you have an excuse being due soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Nicowa wow that due date is coming fast :-) very exciting! I would second January's advise & just double check that you can actually use your buggy as the basket.. I know with my buggy baby can only sleep for up to 3 hours in it at a time, well that's what they recommend :-) have you your hospital bags packed? I'm buying my nursing bra's next week, I'll be 38+ then so your not alone there hehe. Mothercare are a little pricey but the bra's are comfy & really good quality & have great reviews.. They're not very flattering though lol

Cottontail I completely understand the wanting to be with your other little mam for Xmas Day :-) I'd want that too! I'm the very same with the couldn't be ar$ed to do anything lol I just wanna veg infront of the tv and do nothing till he comes.. I'm not sleeping and this SPD is agony so driving is out & OH is doing all the cleaning so thankfully I don't actually have anything to do :-) Yey for your Maternity Leave starting tomorrow though! Very exciting! When are you back with the hospital? I'm back next Wed & they told me as he's very big already they MIGHT see about induction.. Doubt it'll happen though.. I'm so ready to not be pregnant anymore & just have my little man already! I'm trying to put the labour part to the back of my mind for the mo & enjoy my time being able to do nothing lol..

DL & Cap how are you ladies getting on? And Neyite too?

Javagirl, hope you're doing ok Hun, there is nothing worse than having a bleed during pregnancy but seeing a heartbeat is a great sign! I'm not sure how accurate this actually is (Doc could've told me to help me relax) but I had bleeds at the start of this preg & after 2 MC's I was convinced that something was gonna happen this one at the start too & the Doc in the EPU told me that when they see a strong heartbeat there is a 95% chance nothing will happen & baby will be full term & perfect & in my case it's true :-) plenty of rest hun & positive thoughts xx

Hope all the recent Mammies are doing well with their bundles too :-) xxx

Got my maternity bra's today in Mothercare in Stephen's Green and have to say the saleswomen was lovely. I was really unsure what size I needed and she helped fit them. I thought I'd be uncomfortable but she was really nice so I came away really happy.

Was in the clinic today - was up at 6.30 for a delivery from argos and had to stand most of the way into town, and despite getting a taxi to the hospital I was still pretty tired so the midwife took some blood for an iron level test. Everything else was good though.

Had my bag packed up until yesterday but then I had to go away and wash everything and I've yet to repack everything.

• Advertisement

Cottontail I completely understand the wanting to be with your other little mam for Xmas Day :-) I'd want that too! I'm the very same with the couldn't be ar$ed to do anything lol I just wanna veg infront of the tv and do nothing till he comes.. I'm not sleeping and this SPD is agony so driving is out & OH is doing all the cleaning so thankfully I don't actually have anything to do :-) Yey for your Maternity Leave starting tomorrow though! Very exciting! When are you back with the hospital? I'm back next Wed & they told me as he's very big already they MIGHT see about induction.. Doubt it'll happen though.. I'm so ready to not be pregnant anymore & just have my little man already! I'm trying to put the labour part to the back of my mind for the mo & enjoy my time being able to do nothing lol..

I was with the GP yesterday, all good. I've an appointment with the clinic on the 14th (next Wed). Then back to the GP the following week and it will go on like that until babs is born. They've never mentioned his size though. My bump/weight is about the same as last time though and he turned out to be 8lb 4oz so will probably be similar this time around. God love ya with the SPD, that must be horrible. I've been very lucky this time around, nothing like that at all. I still don't like being pregnant though and like you can't wait to be not pregnant anymore!
    It still seems a bit unreal that the maternity leave starts tomorrow evening - Reality probably won't kick in for me until Monday morning when I'm knocking about the house with no where to go!

Tigress, cottontail - enjoy maternity leave!! Whoop whoop!!!

Nicowa - hope ur iron levels ok - to be fair a stressful morning like that would ruin me at the best of times!!!

I'm doing good really - had hosp appt today which was grand - he said the baby measuring perfect for dates and placenta behaving itself and staying high (it's anterior). He said babies head down and would prob stay that way for the next 10 weeks! Is it not early for the babs to be in the 'go' position?!! She's not down down or anything just in the right direction! Anyway he seemed happy so I'm happy!! In actually getting a private scan on tue with my mum so I'll be able to see a lot more then! Can't wait!
    Then decided to go Xmas shopping - god I really hate it while pregnant- its just so hard.... But I've most if it done now so yeah!!
    30 weeks on Sunday.... Pls tell me it goes fast from now on!!! I'm starting to get slower and more tired but still quite neat really! Overall - I love being pregnant and am lucky to be having an easy time of it these last few months, a shaky start but certainly an easy 2nd trimester and so far do good in the 3rd!!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

im so tired tonight that i cant remember the replies i was goin to put to some of the posts!!:rolleyes:

Dublinlady, thats great ur feelin good. my baby was turned around and ready for off at bout 30/32 weeks aswell. it is unusual but grand. i felt my first 2 weeks of the third trimester were hard with pain tiredness etc. so iff you get this know its normal (or was for me)

im 35 weeks tomorrow :eek:. my bump is still small enough i suppose but i feel big and i think i sometimes waddle :rolleyes: startin to feel bit more tired now. finished work on thur next week so looking forward to it. tho hope i dont get too lazy. i think being on the go in work is benefiting me.

Oh Cottontail you won't know yourself being on maternity :-) I'm really enjoying having nothing to do lol! I'm at my next appoint on 14th aswell snap :-) what hospital are you attending?

DL I would love to say that the end weeks fly... However I found up to 36 weeks flew & now the last 2 weeks have really dragged.. That could be to do with the fact that I'm not able to anything though! I hope it flys for you :-) great to hear you're doing so well!

I had a GP Antenatal check up today and although my little man is head down he is still apparently quite high up! He said he could move babys head so he's not at all engaged .:-( so he doubts anything will happen in the next week anyways but I've being bringing myself to the idea that this little fella will be in there as long as he can.. I just hope he comes before next year :-) I'm looking forward to my hospital visit next wed to see how big he's gotten!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

Hi all,
    I've been lurking here and the TTC forums for a while but this is my first time posting. Congrats to all who are exoecting, it's been lovely reading your stories :)
    My story is that I came off the pill a few months ago and started TTC for the first time month. My cycles since coming off the pill have been 27, 26 and 28 days. Assuming a 28 day cycle I would be due This sat, the 10th. But, on Monday (9 days after ovulation if i ovuated on day 14) I started feeling "different", very hard to explain but a sore twingeing and crampy at the front of my stomach. I was convinced I was pregnant, So tues morn I took a pregnancy test and got a very faint positive, have taken tests every day since and the positive line has gotten stronger and more definite.
    So, it seems I'm pregnant but am worried about the potential for a chemical pregnancy. Also the weird soreness (it's like muscle cramps but different to period cramps) is still very much there with my tummy, which can feel hard at times during the day. Laughing and going over speed bumps in the car are also bit sore.
    Am I kidding myself, could this all be in my head or is it possible to feel pregnancy symptoms so early? I'm not asking for medical advice because I plan to go to a doc next week if I don't get a period over the weekend, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar??
    This is our first time trying, I can't believe it's happened so quickly and I'm so afraid it might not stick, I guess I just need a wee bit of reassurance that this might be normal??
    Apologies for the length of this btw and thanks fir reading, it's a strange time! x

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My little ones head was down early too last time, but it was when my maternity jeans would fit me that the hospital said the head was engaged. That was at at 34 weeks.

Honestly my hips must have moved apart, I was so squashed in my jeans. It was like trying on a pair 2 sizes to small in normal sizes. I was in leggings from than on in.

Grapefruit moon congrats on your positive result! No its absolutely normal to feel symptoms already.
    Each time I was pregnant, I got similar cramps to those you've described. I was convinced they were period or pre period cramps and that I was about to have my period any second.

Hope all goes well with your GP :)

Tigeress, I'm doing great thanks! wow can't believe you're on maternity leave soon, enjoy!!!

All this talk of baby's head being down, I'm convinced that even at this early stage that baby must be happy to not necessarily engage but stay down very low in the uterus.

I have expanded and officially look pregnant as opposed to fat, but baba doesn't venture much if at all to the higher parts of the uterus, instead staying down very low the whole time.

Such a difference compared to being pregnant with my daughter, she zipped up and down inside my tum from about this stage :)

Wow so many of ye close to the finish line, fingers crossed for your Crimbo babies :)

Hi all,
    I've been lurking here and the TTC forums for a while but this is my first time posting. Congrats to all who are exoecting, it's been lovely reading your stories :)
    My story is that I came off the pill a few months ago and started TTC for the first time month. My cycles since coming off the pill have been 27, 26 and 28 days. Assuming a 28 day cycle I would be due This sat, the 10th. But, on Monday (9 days after ovulation if i ovuated on day 14) I started feeling "different", very hard to explain but a sore twingeing and crampy at the front of my stomach. I was convinced I was pregnant, So tues morn I took a pregnancy test and got a very faint positive, have taken tests every day since and the positive line has gotten stronger and more definite.
    So, it seems I'm pregnant but am worried about the potential for a chemical pregnancy. Also the weird soreness (it's like muscle cramps but different to period cramps) is still very much there with my tummy, which can feel hard at times during the day. Laughing and going over speed bumps in the car are also bit sore.
    Am I kidding myself, could this all be in my head or is it possible to feel pregnancy symptoms so early? I'm not asking for medical advice because I plan to go to a doc next week if I don't get a period over the weekend, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar??
    This is our first time trying, I can't believe it's happened so quickly and I'm so afraid it might not stick, I guess I just need a wee bit of reassurance that this might be normal??
    Apologies for the length of this btw and thanks fir reading, it's a strange time! x

Hi grapefruit!! Congrats!! :)
    I had cramping right up until about week 9 and it's normal to feel all sort of twinges during this time! Implantation is going on and then there's all sorts of stretching etc going on in the uterus walls!
    All I'm saying is a positive is a positive - all the worrying in the world won't make it go differently - it will just stress you out! For the moment try and enjoy your good news and do a clearblue digital on sat as ur tells you exactly how pregnant you are - then the following week see your g.p and get it confirmed and start thinking about hospitals etc! Don't waste your time worrying about the negative what ifs which hopefully will never happen - if sonething does go wrong then it will be time enough to deal with it then and know that you would get all the support you need here and on the TTC thread. Stay positive - its fab news and a lovely time - try to enjoy it! Congrats again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Cramping is normal. I had that very bad with my first one, I was wondering why I was in pain but had no period, needless to say I was left with a big suprise, now aged 12....

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

Went to my midwives appointment yesterday! My little man has gone from measuring 2-3weeks earlier than he was meant to 2 weeks older! It amazes me how they can feel what direction he is lying by just feeling the bump. So im almost 29weeks pregnant but measuring about 30 + 5! Madness! im now worried il have some massive lump of a baby...my bump has gotten awfully big lately! also the midwife kept saying i had really tight tummy muscles...is that a good or bad thing? when it comes to labour etc?

• Advertisement

Thank you so much for your replies, esp Dublin lady, I'll try and do just that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Congrats Galah on the birth of baby Ethan, beautiful name x

Congrats to you too Grapefruit on your positive, everything you are feeling is normal and most of us have experienced it in the begining, just time to relax now and enjoy growing your new baba :)

Can't believe so many ladies are so near the finish line, I'm sooo jealous, I can't wait another 16 weeks to meet babs!!!!

Had a GP appointment yesterday, everything checked out fine, got to hear little man's heartbeat again and he actually stayed still long enough to catch more than just a few seconds of the heartbeat on the monitor. Getting some really strong kicks now and I can clearly see them outside my bump now which is amazing :)
    Back with the midwife in 2 weeks and then my third scan to check for cleft palate is the following day, can't wait to see how much babs has grown since the last scan :)

Feel like I'm really getting to know this little guy now, I find myself saying things to OH like 'oh he doesn't like when I sit like that' or 'he doesn't usually start kicking till such a time. I love him so much already :o:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Congrats Grapefruit on your positive test! I didn't get cramps as such at the start but I did have sore twinges (a bit like a stitch) until about, oh, 18 weeks. It was the uterus expanding, apparently.

:D My baby had his first hiccups last night (well the first I noticed anyway). I had heard that pregnant women could feel when their baby was having hiccups but I kinda was a bit skeptical but last night at 2 am, that was definitely it! It felt like a rhythmic kicking (every 3 seconds or so) low down (where his head is I think), that lasted about 3 minutes. Poor little thing!

Oh Cottontail you won't know yourself being on maternity :-) I'm really enjoying having nothing to do lol! I'm at my next appoint on 14th aswell snap :-) what hospital are you attending?

I'm going to Sligo General.
    I'm after booking all my hols for next year as well, it all feels a bit unreal though...The excitement is building though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Hi all,

Thats Great Grapefruit... :D congrads... I had cramping at the start like that as well, it's weird cramping as well.. Sure I knew I was ovulating (I never had a 28 day cycle it was 21/22 so i ovulated the 9th day) and I said it to my partner.. will we ( we had been talking about it but never actually tried, like in other words we weren't being carefull :D ) well this day the deed was done ha ha and in three weeks i was feeling so weird ha ha..When I found out I was pregnant we were like WHAT??!?!? SO QUICK we tried proper the right day ONCE.. and this.. we're ten years together.. ahh it's mad.. we're bloody delighted... go to your doc next week and he/she can verify it for you.. :D

Glad to hear all the Mammy's to be are doing so well :-)
    Great to hear your appoint went so well MS2011! 16 weeks will fly by for ya!

Ivy I love feeling my little man hiccup aswell lol it's a weirdly wonderful feeling! My OH seems to get the hiccups quite alot & I think babs is gonna be the same lol as he seems to get them every second day!

Cottontail I though once ya hot the 38 weeks Mark the hospital see you weekly? I have to say I'm really struggling today with the uther exhaustion.. I'm looking forward to not going to the loo 5 times a night & being able to flip over in bed & walk up stairs lol it's the little things :-p roll on our scans on Wed!! X

15 days till my due date ladies! It's so close & so far away at the same time! I meet my 2 best friends weekly for coffee and I'm the last to have a baby :-) it was a little weird to say 'next time we meet in the coffee shop there will be 3 buggies instead of two' hehe (I've decided to stay at home for the next 2 weeks as getting out is too tiring) it's the weirdest thing.. I'm so excited to start the next stage of this journey but at the same time, as painful & uncomfortable I've been during this pregnancy, I'm gonna miss being pregnant! Feeling his kicks and movements & knowing that it's our time & no one can share those parts make pregnancy all the more special (if any of that makes sense!) I won't miss maternity clothes though lol! Hope I go back to my normal size quick enough & treat myself to some new clothes hehe!
    Hope everyone has a great weekend this weekend :-) this is our last one on our own as we have visitors next weekend, then it's Xmas & New Years! We're gonna tale it easy & enjoy the quiet hehe

Awww Ms2011 that's lovely! your little baba must be moving lots now, is he/she? great that you're getting another scan so soon too :)

Pippington that's brill that you've been fast forwarded a few days! everyone counts!

Tigeress that's brill, only 15 days left :eek: only feels like yesterday that you announced your bfp!
    That's a lovely thought too, that the next time you meet your friends you'll have a 3rd buggy at the table!

Awww Ms2011 that's lovely! your little baba must be moving lots now, is he/she? great that you're getting another scan so soon too :)

Pippington that's brill that you've been fast forwarded a few days! everyone counts!

Tigeress that's brill, only 15 days left :eek: only feels like yesterday that you announced your bfp!
    That's a lovely thought too, that the next time you meet your friends you'll have a 3rd buggy at the table!

I know it's a strange sort of feeling too :-) how are you doing hun? Is the belt helping the SPD at all? You must be at the halfway mark now? It's mad it doesnt feel that long since I was on the TTC site saying I got my positive & you too 5 penguin bars hehe!

Thanks for all the congrats!! And yeah cocoemma we're a bit the same, thrilled obviously but still in shock because it happened so fast!
    Did a clear blue digital test this morn And it kindly reported I'm 2-3 weeks pregnant!! So going to see my gp on Monday and just have to get my head round it now!
    I've a feeling I'll be back to this forum time and time again, people here are very welcoming and lovely, it was a lovely wee support over the last few days!

And it's great to read how over people are doing at different stages, tigress and ms2011 I can't wait to be able to feel all that's happening for you guys, hiccups, kicks, it's just amazing! (and a little bit scary!)

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the congrats!! And yeah cocoemma we're a bit the same, thrilled obviously but still in shock because it happened so fast!
    Did a clear blue digital test this morn And it kindly reported I'm 2-3 weeks pregnant!! So going to see my gp on Monday and just have to get my head round it now!
    I've a feeling I'll be back to this forum time and time again, people here are very welcoming and lovely, it was a lovely wee support over the last few days!

And it's great to read how over people are doing at different stages, tigress and ms2011 I can't wait to be able to feel all that's happening for you guys, hiccups, kicks, it's just amazing! (and a little bit scary!)

Congratulations Grapefruit Moon @ welcome to the pregnancy thread :-)
    Wishing you a healthy & happy pregnancy! Definatley don't be a stranger on this site I've found it amazingly imformative & it's great to talk to others on the same journey as you! If your looking for books to read I'd advise 'The Pregnancy Diary' I thought it was alot better than 'What to expect when you're expecting' best of luck x

Advertisement