Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Clinic again today - my sister was up with her 2yr old and they came in with me. But thankfully the place wasn't busy or I'd have felt really guilty about it, considering I'm always giving out about people dragging along partners, mothers etc (mostly cos they won't let the actual pregnant women sit down).

All good, I think she estimated the weight at about 3.2kgs or something - will have to ask my sister as I've forgotten. That comes out at about 7lbs. Anything under 8lbs I'll be happy with. We'll see how it goes anyway.

Monday's my due date! So close (and yet so far... probably... :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

nicowa wrote: »
    Clinic again today - my sister was up with her 2yr old and they came in with me. But thankfully the place wasn't busy or I'd have felt really guilty about it, considering I'm always giving out about people dragging along partners, mothers etc (mostly cos they won't let the actual pregnant women sit down).

All good, I think she estimated the weight at about 3.2kgs or something - will have to ask my sister as I've forgotten. That comes out at about 7lbs. Anything under 8lbs I'll be happy with. We'll see how it goes anyway.

Monday's my due date! So close (and yet so far... probably... :D)

Wow that's a good weight Nicowa! Monday is so close :) did the hosital say baby was engaged? Hopefully you're not waiting too long to meet baby :)

I just had my 1st taste of Raspberry Leaf Tea :-( it's vile! I'm trying to drink a cup here without gagging... Is there anything that makes it taste better?!

Tigress - my husband used to put a bit of honey in it for me and it was a bit better. You can see why people go for the capsules though!

cuddle wrote: »
    Tigress - my husband used to put a bit of honey in it for me and it was a bit better. You can see why people go for the capsules though!

I'm tempted to try the capsules but I've heard the tea itself is much better... I'll try the honey but I'm not a fan of honey either so we'll see, I'm too fussy lol!

Tigeress wrote: »
    Wow that's a good weight Nicowa! Monday is so close :) did the hosital say baby was engaged? Hopefully you're not waiting too long to meet baby :)

I just had my 1st taste of Raspberry Leaf Tea :-( it's vile! I'm trying to drink a cup here without gagging... Is there anything that makes it taste better?!

Baby has been head down for a few weeks not sure they actually said "engaged" as such... :confused: I haven't got the tea though - I despise herbal/fruit teas... :o I should... shouldn't I?

• Advertisement

I'm due in 10 days & getting either a sweep or induced next week & I only started today.. I figure it's worth a shot! I hate herbal teas myself & to be honest Nicowa it's not nice but so many people recommend it & say it reduced their labour that I'm gonna keep drinking it for the next week.. You can get capsules instead but I heard they aren't as good...
    When are you back in the hospital? It's very exciting being so close to the end :-) I can't wait not to be pregnant anymore lol! Do you know what you're having?

I'm due in 10 days & getting either a sweep or induced next week & I only started today.. I figure it's worth a shot! I hate herbal teas myself & to be honest Nicowa it's not nice but so many people recommend it & say it reduced their labour that I'm gonna keep drinking it for the next week.. You can get capsules instead but I heard they aren't as good...
    When are you back in the hospital? It's very exciting being so close to the end :-) I can't wait not to be pregnant anymore lol! Do you know what you're having?

I'll see can I get something tomorrow then... Back in next Thursday. No mention of anything before then. The consultant said that if nothing happened before then we'd talk about it on Thursday. And no, didn't ask about the sex of the baby. Himself already has three boys so he's convinced it'll be another boy. I want a girl to shake things up, but I know the chances of it being a girl are slim enough with the stats as they are so I wanted as much time as possible to tease him about it being a girl as possible (cos the idea terrifies him! :D)

Hehe that'sad funny Nicowa! You're right winding him up :) sure you can tell him that it's actually a 51% chance of a girl as there are more girls in the world than boys lol hopefully you're little one will arrive before Thurs for ya :) it'd be great to be home for Xmas Day! I got the tea in a health shop as normal shops don't seem to sell it.. It has to be Raspberry Leaf Tea not Raspberry Tea! It was only €1.85 for a big box so even if ya decide not to use it, it doesn't cost that much.. Are you all set for the big event now?

Cottontail any signs of movement from your little man yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Tigress , nicowa, cottontail - anytime I see a post from any of you I get so excited thinking its news!!!! Hehe!
    The tension is killing me never mind ye!
    Hope ye not being driven mad! Fingers crossed for Xmas babies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I was in your position 5 years ago my son will be 5 on the 29th, he was one week early and weighed 8lb 15oz. Good luck to you all, and safe driving in this weather.

Oh none of mine engaged until labour, they all were head down from 24 weeks, infact with my first during labour they said she wasnt engaged until they did an internal and found she was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

hi all!! cant believe so many of ye are due ur babies!! so exciting. i have 1 month left!!! :eek::D cant believe it!!! officially on my maternity leave now:D lots to do in the next week with it bein christmas and me not having all my baby stuff done either.:rolleyes:

i started the raspberry leaf tea the other day. its not as strong as i was thinking it would be and i can manage to drink it but its not nice!! but if it wil help with the labour i will suffer it. how many cups do ye drink a day?

cant believe how fast time has gone and its christmas next week!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Tigress , nicowa, cottontail I'm so jealous you're getting to meet your little people so soon, I can't wait to see how you all get on, keep us posted :):)

dublinlady wrote: »
    Tigress , nicowa, cottontail - anytime I see a post from any of you I get so excited thinking its news!!!! Hehe!
    The tension is killing me never mind ye!
    Hope ye not being driven mad! Fingers crossed for Xmas babies!!!

Lol I'm the same! I keep logging in to see if any babies have arrived yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFclLg90eGNpghgq9ARqbA0BQdH-sW6o-9bMeEknLX09RttVjEng

Is it this brand you're drinking? I think it tastes lovely.

Right so last 2 dasy I have gone through all baby no. 1's clothes and pulled out anything white or blue and gone through all the bags of clothes I was given by my generous sister in law. They are all washed, ironed and separated in to ages in his chest of drawers.

The hospital bag is packed and beside the front door. I have baby no1's bag packed for 2 nights and that's beside the door too. I have ordered 10 more sets of pads for the tens machine.

All I need now is a mattress for the crib and I'm good to go.

The house is under 2 inches of dust and I've roped my 2 sisters to come over on the 3rd of Jan and clean it for me!!

Can't believe everyone is due in the next few days, it will be fun to see if the roomer that hospitals will do anything not to have you there over Christmas is true!!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

Cottontail any signs of movement from your little man yet?

No, nothing. We had such an awful day here with snow, It's not meant to last, I hope it doesn't. There was none at all yesterday and woke up to the place covered in whiteness. I will admit, I cried. It reminded me so much of this time 2 years ago when I was expecting my first little man and being housebound for weeks afterwards due to the snow. Really don't want that to happen again! :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Cottontail wrote: »
    No, nothing. We had such an awful day here with snow, It's not meant to last, I hope it doesn't. There was none at all yesterday and woke up to the place covered in whiteness. I will admit, I cried. It reminded me so much of this time 2 years ago when I was expecting my first little man and being housebound for weeks afterwards due to the snow. Really don't want that to happen again! :(

Forecast is for it to get much milder from next Monday onwards (10-12 degrees- about 8 degrees warmer both day and night, than at present). Next snow spell is long range forecasted for second week in Jan.

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Right so last 2 dasy I have gone through all baby no. 1's clothes and pulled out anything white or blue and gone through all the bags of clothes I was given by my generous sister in law. They are all washed, ironed and separated in to ages in his chest of drawers.

The hospital bag is packed and beside the front door. I have baby no1's bag packed for 2 nights and that's beside the door too. I have ordered 10 more sets of pads for the tens machine.

The house is under 2 inches of dust and I've roped my 2 sisters to come over on the 3rd of Jan and clean it for me!!

Can't believe everyone is due in the next few days, it will be fun to see if the roomer that hospitals will do anything not to have you there over Christmas is true!!

Oh God, you're so organised, can you give me a few tips?!!

smccarrick wrote: »
    Forecast is for it to get much milder from next Monday onwards (10-12 degrees- about 8 degrees warmer both day and night, than at present). Next snow spell is long range forecasted for second week in Jan.

Hopefully so, the little man just has to hang in there until next week so...it also means that hopefully my bro, sis in law and nephew will make it from Galway for christmas. Fingers crossed! :cool:

I got 2 brands of the tea! The one above & another one that you have to strain.. I think they're both as bad as the other :o

Wow you got super organised in the last few days :-) bet ya feel great knowing it's all done now!

I have to ask though.. Why so many pads for the Tens? I just bought one set! Do I need more?
    Can your sisters come clean my house too hehe? I'd love that :-)
    Whats your due date WM?

Cottontail my worst worry is the snow too but thankfully we haven't had a drop here! Although the main town near us was covered on Wes but gone by Thurs.. Hope it clears up soon by you!
    Have the hospital said anything to you about induction or anything yet?

Honestly ladies Wednesday will not come quick enough for me! Here's hoping the sweep goes ahead and works!

• Advertisement

no, no mention of induction. I was at the GP the week before last and they reckon that my latest date for induction would be 4th Jan if I don't go myself before then. I think I will though, I went 5 days over the last time. I'm back at the clinic next wed and the Consultant said he would discuss labour then so he might mention something then.

You must be sick waiting now Tigress, I bet it can't come fast enough at this stage, only 5 days left now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I was at the GP the week before last and they reckon that my latest date for induction would be 4th Jan if I don't go myself before then. I think I will though, I went 5 days over the last time.
    I was induced at 10 days over on my first, but (very unexpectedly) went a week early on my second (2 years between them). Don't count on going late - I was lucky, I'd only packed my bag 2 days before little miss was born!

no, no mention of induction. I was at the GP the week before last and they reckon that my latest date for induction would be 4th Jan if I don't go myself before then. I think I will though, I went 5 days over the last time. I'm back at the clinic next wed and the Consultant said he would discuss labour then so he might mention something then.

You must be sick waiting now Tigress, I bet it can't come fast enough at this stage, only 5 days left now!!

Hopefully he'll come sooner for you! My OH just came home and told me my bump has really dropped since this morning! So maybe he's engaged! Here's hoping! Yeah the wait is wrecking my head lol but the thoughts of hopefully having him next week is rather exciting! Who knows maybe our little men will decide to make their entrance this weekend :-) lol wishful thinking!

Cat that's crazy that you went early on your 2nd! How are you getting on?

this is the exact tea im drinking. how many cups do you drink a day? when are u due again? my brain is mush these days. was half way on my journey today when i realised i was gone the wrong way!!! :rolleyes:

Red Fragle you can drink 3/4 cups a day! I know what ya mean with the baby brain lol I go to do something and on the way I forget what I have to do! I can imagine it only gets worse when baby arrives :)

oh i hope the long range is wrong and there will be no snow. second week in jan is my due date!!! we are lucky no snow here so far. icy bits on the roads alright but hopefully the snow will stay away. i live at the bottom of two hills so chances of getting out could be slim!!!:eek:

Red Fragle you can drink 3/4 cups a day! I know what ya mean with the baby brain lol I go to do something and on the way I forget what I have to do! I can imagine it only gets worse when baby arrives :)

will 1 cup do??:rolleyes: might start uping it to 2!! i know its unreal and will prob def get worse when baby arrives when our focus is all on the baby with little sleep! i was asking my husband did he 'cook' emmerdale instead of 'record' it!!!:rolleyes:

I'm sure 1 cup is fine Red Fragle.. Its just up to 4 cups a day! I've been drinking 3 but then I'm due next week :-)
    Oh I'm the very same with the baby brain lol I'm always mixing up words & forgetting things :o I hope your last month flys in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

You have just made my Christmas with that forecast :D I despise snow with a passion after all the hassle we had last year (couldn't get near the house for a fortnight, burst pipes & over €10k worth of damage plus months to get the house sorted :eek:)

Cat melodeon that's interesting about your second labour being much earlier. I went bang on 2 weeks over with my daughter, so have myself convinced it'll probably take as long this time round & am counting myself as being due May rather than mid April. It'd be a lovely suprise for baby to arrive on time though!

Girls I don't envy you drinking the raspberry tea to bring things on, I just can't bring myself to drink herbal tea's so I think I would take it only as a very last resort!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I am due the 31st of Jan.

I bought 10 sets for the tens because I'm using the tens every day, 3 times per day for the sciatica on physio's orders. Its not recommended unless the doc says so.

The pads are only really sticky for 5 applications. I brought my machine to boots but the pads they sell dont fit my machine, so I ordered some off ebay.

I just realised I know nothing about induction, sweeps and gel and all that, I havent a clue, if I do make it till the next hospital appointment I'll have to investigate all that stuff.

My sisters are not for rent, its my house only, they are cleaning. One owes me years of babysitting and the other one is just nice!

I drink about 2 cups a day but with a 15 month old around, I never see the end of a cup.

I'm also on a hill but in a built up area so I'm not too worried about the snow, BUT my best friends husband is working in the city as paramedic at the moment so that would put me off calling an ambulance if I felt the baby coming. I would demand a paramedic that I dont know!!

I am incapable of making a decision, if I'm asked something, I just turn to my partner and ask him to decide. This is not me at all, how am I going to return to work???

Advertisement