Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Congradulations, same here, i went to bed early and missed everthing! So its true what they say about the 2nd being quicker!!! Delighted for you, enjoy the rest in hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Congrats Cap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bluesky12

Congrats to you. :))

Hi everyone, im new to this form. Im lying in hospital as we speak, im 28weeks and brought on wednesday. I was shown signs of perterm labour, got two steriod injections for my baby lungs, so incase my baby does come, he/she will be able to breathe better. Im feeling ok now and prob be allowed home today.
    Just wondering did any body get those injections and go full term. And was baby ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Hi bluesky, I hope you get to go home today. I'm coming up to 27 weeks & I've been afraid of preterm labour. What sort of signs were you showing (if you don't mind me being nosey :D)

There's another girl on here who got those injections around same time as you, just in case she went into labour early and she's hoping to go full term. I don't think they affect you being able to carry on til the end. They are only given to you as a precaution in case you do deliver, to give baby a helping hand, but I don't think they bring on labour earlier or anything.

Glad you are feeling better

Mink wrote: »
    Hi bluesky, I hope you get to go home today. I'm coming up to 27 weeks & I've been afraid of preterm labour. What sort of signs were you showing (if you don't mind me being nosey :D)

There's another girl on here who got those injections around same time as you, just in case she went into labour early and she's hoping to go full term. I don't think they affect you being able to carry on til the end. They are only given to you as a precaution in case you do deliver, to give baby a helping hand, but I don't think they bring on labour earlier or anything.

Thanks hun,

It began on sat nite, period like pains lower abdominal, small little leak. Asked my closest they said it was ok. Not to worry but as sunday to tuesday past. It progressively got worst. But u was feeling in my legs. I wad feeling lil mild contractions, but passed them off as braxons hick which in the end they were. But the other was still there. So went gp, they sent me to hosital and have been ere ever since. Hospital really looking after me, and makes me feel comfortable about having lil baby ere. So tests were ran and pain has settled, have to see physio the pain is coming from my pelvis. So im not going into preterm labour. Thank god still have the shots done.

I feel like if I did, the staff are brilliant and know what there doing. So try not to worry( easier said than done) I found stress made the contractions more frequent.

• Advertisement

Mink wrote: »

Thanks hun,

It began on sat nite, period like pains lower abdominal, small little leak. Asked my closest they said it was ok. Not to worry but as sunday to tuesday past. It progressively got worst. But u was feeling in my legs. I wad feeling lil mild contractions, but passed them off as braxons hick which in the end they were. But the other was still there. So went gp, they sent me to hosital and have been ere ever since. Hospital really looking after me, and makes me feel comfortable about having lil baby ere. So tests were ran and pain has settled, have to see physio the pain is coming from my pelvis. So im not going into preterm labour. Thank god still have the shots done.

I feel like if I did, the staff are brilliant and know what there doing. So try not to worry( easier said than done) I found stress made the contractions more frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

On my first I was admitted at my 32 week check up with high Blood pressure, I got the steroid injection.

I was in and out of hosp from then until I had him at almost 39 weeks.

The injection just helps their lungs inflate and help strengthen them in case they are born early.

I wouldn't worry about the injections as I said it is to help the baby and give them every chance.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

bluesky12 wrote: »
    Congrats to you. :))

Hi everyone, im new to this form. Im lying in hospital as we speak, im 28weeks and brought on wednesday. I was shown signs of perterm labour, got two steriod injections for my baby lungs, so incase my baby does come, he/she will be able to breathe better. Im feeling ok now and prob be allowed home today.
    Just wondering did any body get those injections and go full term. And was baby ok.

Hiya I'm just 30 weeks and had the injections at 23 weeks... I asked that exact same question a couple of weeks ago:like you they thought I was going to go into labour. Someone even went two weeks over after having them :D

If there's even the slightest chance that they think you'll go early they give those injections... it gives babs best chance going just in case.

They still think I might go early (about 35 weeks) but I'm really really hoping im going to make it to 38 weeks: either way baby is going to be fine: those injections just help speed everything up just in case.

Really glad to hear the comments.. A bit nerve wrecking when ur getting them. But its great to hear about other stories.
    I do have a good chance going early myself but at least the injection is done ( hate needles) wasnt as bad..
    All I want is my baby to be heathlyand hearing post, everything should be fine... No more worrying!

Thanks for all the comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Congrat cap and welcome baby george!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Huge Congrats Cadyboo & Cap, welcome to the world babies Liam & George x

Iguana glad you're feeling better after your scare x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Thanks a mill all, just home now today. George is a little pet, I don't know if it's that I'm that bit more confident second time around or is he an easier baby but so far so good!

Our 2 year old daughter is besotted with her new baby brother! She's so protective of him already!
    He started crying when I was changing his nappy and she started giving me dirty looks & gave out to me for upsetting her brother :D

The pregnancy felt a bit never ending towards the end but so worth it in the end :)
    Cbyrd I think I will give the zoo a miss, my trip to the local Super Valu on the way home was about as much as I could cope with today, don't think I'd be up to the drive to Dublin just yet :)

Best of luck to all here, hope to see a few new arrivals on the thread very soon!

Bluesky - I had the steroid injection on my last pregnancy at 28 odd weeks after having a series of cramps that I thought were contractions.
    Still ended up going to 42 weeks! Best of luck with your pregnancy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Baby George arrived today, just aftermidday at a generously sized 8lbs 6ozs. brilliant labour little over an hour long (had my waters broken & received epidural). This little guy has my heart melted he is such a little treasure :) hope all are keeping well x

Congratulations!! Hope you are both well.x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Big huge congrats to cadyboo and cap!! Hope ye both feeling well and settling in to life with your new arrivals!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Well I didn't think I'd be posting this for a long time... I'm 5/6 weeks pregnant. To say I'm shocked is an understatement! N is only 4.5 months old.. We spent 2 years trying for N & this one got through birth control.. In the hospital for a check up section appoint on Thurs so I'll talk to that Doc then.. My OH is just over the moon & I am aswell but I'm so scared!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Tigeress wrote: »
    Well I didn't think I'd be posting this for a long time... I'm 5/6 weeks pregnant. To say I'm shocked is an understatement! N is only 4.5 months old.. We spent 2 years trying for N & this one got through birth control.. In the hospital for a check up section appoint on Thurs so I'll talk to that Doc then.. My OH is just over the moon & I am aswell but I'm so scared!
    Omg tigeress Congrats!
    I remember you posting in the ttc when i first got my positive!

Read back over my posts to be sure.
    I am now a teary eyed wreck lol!
    Best of luck girl
    Irish twins yay x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

OMG huge congrats Tigeress, I'd say you're shocked but so many people love having their babies close in age especially as they get older x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

that's fantastic news congratulations x

Irish twins :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

That is fantastic news... congrats :D and the shock will pass too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Aw how cool! Conrgrats Tigeress!

• Advertisement

Thanks ladies :) it's still very much settling in! Irish twins indeed lol from my dates there is oy going to be less than 2 weeks between them if I go ontime eek.. My OH is being great and supportive & I know I have you Ladies to help me through too :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Thanks ladies :) it's still very much settling in! Irish twins indeed lol from my dates there is oy going to be less than 2 weeks between them if I go ontime eek.. My OH is being great and supportive & I know I have you Ladies to help me through too :) x

Oh my god tigeress! It would appear that babies are just like buses :). I am filled with confidence that our turn will come when I read your story. Congrats again. Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Magpie

Congratulations Tigeress! How exciting!

Thanks everyone :)

got to see my lovely little bundle of joy again yesterday, was hoping to find out what it is but baby lying the wrong way, :( ah well i guess its still an it for the moment :)

got to see my lovely little bundle of joy again yesterday, was hoping to find out what it is but baby lying the wrong way, :( ah well i guess its still an it for the moment :)

I was dying to know on my little boy & didn't find out until I was 36 weeks pregnant! Think I'll find out again this time if I can :)

if i can find out i will if not i won't be upset x

The same :) although I told himself if this is a girl I'm pretty sure I want my tubes tied! I know it seems drastic but one of each would be perfect for me! If we gave another boy (which I wouldn't mind) then we'll go once more but not for 5 years lol!

Had a scan today, Doc's said they want to keep a super close eye as I'm still recovering from the section... There was a sac and a dot but it's too early for a heartbeat, so it looks like I'm 4-5 weeks so I've to go back in a week for another scan. All my hormones are doubling as they should be for now :) I think the shock is sort of settling in... I'm still a nervous wreck though, my little man is more work by the day, how am I gonna manage 2 within a year :o

The same :) although I told himself if this is a girl I'm pretty sure I want my tubes tied! I know it seems drastic but one of each would be perfect for me! If we gave another boy (which I wouldn't mind) then we'll go once more but not for 5 years lol!

Had a scan today, Doc's said they want to keep a super close eye as I'm still recovering from the section... There was a sac and a dot but it's too early for a heartbeat, so it looks like I'm 4-5 weeks so I've to go back in a week for another scan. All my hormones are doubling as they should be for now :) I think the shock is sort of settling in... I'm still a nervous wreck though, my little man is more work by the day, how am I gonna manage 2 within a year :o

at least they are keeping a close eye on you, and fingers crossed for you x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Oh exciting!! You'll be fine! At least your baby will have a little friend to hang out with. I don't think it's drastic to get your tubes tied if you're sure you're done. I have a friend who just had her fourth and she got her tubes tied during the C section I think. I might only have just this baby or max go one more time. Two kids would make my day (though if an accident occurred and I had 3 I'm sure I'd be delighted as well)

Advertisement