Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Mink are you going to.go back on contraception after this one? At the moment i'm just happy with one so going to get the coil put in until i decide differently!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

notsobusy wrote: »
    Mink are you going to.go back on contraception after this one? At the moment i'm just happy with one so going to get the coil put in until i decide differently!!!

Pretty sure we'll be sticking with just the one.
    Spoke to the doctor about OH getting a vesctomy but he convinced us to wait a little while & to try using the coil as it works for 5 years, if after that we're still sure about the vesctomy then we can go ahead so that's what we'll be doing ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Well the pill is best contraception for me - it also calms my skin down big time (I look like a teenager at the moment). But I doubt I'll be able to go on it til after I stop breastfeeding. So will probably use good ol johnnies til then (both of us hate them so I'm not too pleased about that)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Mink wrote: »
    Well the pill is best contraception for me - it also calms my skin down big time (I look like a teenager at the moment). But I doubt I'll be able to go on it til after I stop breastfeeding. So will probably use good ol johnnies til then (both of us hate them so I'm not too pleased about that)

You could get fitted for a diaphragm, it's what I used to use and I really liked it. Once used correctly it's more effective than condoms and it feels a lot better. I don't know why they aren't more popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

I went back on the pill after I had N! I had used it for years & it worked but this time it didn't take! I wanna try the coil but the thoughts of it kinda freaks me out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I don't know what I'm going to do after: I've been on pill, injection and patch previously: patch lasted a whole two months I was so sick on it! None of them really suit: so I'm very very slow to go down the line of anything hormonal.

I can tell you one thing: I will not be getting pregnant again anytime soon: hyperemesis reoccours in pregnancy after pregnancy and I could not cope either physically (or emotionally for that matter) with a baby and being pregnant! Which is hard in one sense because we both wanted to have our kids close in age: now we don't even know if we want a second one... well we do but just don't know if we will.

cyning wrote: »
    I don't know what I'm going to do after: I've been on pill, injection and patch previously: patch lasted a whole two months I was so sick on it! None of them really suit: so I'm very very slow to go down the line of anything hormonal.

I can tell you one thing: I will not be getting pregnant again anytime soon: hyperemesis reoccours in pregnancy after pregnancy and I could not cope either physically (or emotionally for that matter) with a baby and being pregnant! Which is hard in one sense because we both wanted to have our kids close in age: now we don't even know if we want a second one... well we do but just don't know if we will.

I know what ya mean Cyning, a rough pregnancy always makes ya say never again but I promise you the minute you see that little baby it'll all be worth every ache, pain & heartache! Don't rush into anything :) you may regret it in the future x
    I had a terrible pregnancy on N & a horrid delivery but although I said no way will I ever again, after a few weeks I knew we'd have more :)

Hope everyone is well :)

I got my blood results today & my levels have over doubled so everything is looking really good :D another scan in a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

delighted your doing so well, there s nothing like seeing. your little bean grow

Tigeress that's brilliant news.... bet you can't wait for your scan next week :)

I'm really, really hoping I feel differently after baba gets here: but I don't know after 5 trips to hospital in the last 32 weeks and spending nearly a month in hospital and vomiting up to 20 times a day: I couldn't mind a baby like that. So it will have to wait I think :D I know it'll be worth it once she gets here though!

Tigeress that's brilliant news.... bet you can't wait for your scan next week :)

I'm really, really hoping I feel differently after baba gets here: but I don't know after 5 trips to hospital in the last 32 weeks and spending nearly a month in hospital and vomiting up to 20 times a day: I couldn't mind a baby like that. So it will have to wait I think :D I know it'll be worth it once she gets here though!

Yeah I'm getting excited now :)
    Seeing your baba for the 1st time is honestly the best the feeling in the world, you'll never experience anything as good (unless ya have another one that is hehe) you haven't too long left now.. I found the last 10 weeks flew! I hope you're feeling better now! Will the bring you in early because of your condition?

• Advertisement

It's better now then it was... Way way way better!!! I only really get sick 3 or 4 times a day now depending... It's constant nausea though.

The hyperemesis won't affect me going early but have thyroid problems that might... I should know more at my next appt in a fortnight... Plus side is I get scanned all the time so I see babs frequently :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

We got a 4D scan last week and the pictures are amazing, I would recommend it to everyone, tis a little boy on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

:o
    It's better now then it was... Way way way better!!! I only really get sick 3 or 4 times a day now depending... It's constant nausea though.

The hyperemesis won't affect me going early but have thyroid problems that might... I should know more at my next appt in a fortnight... Plus side is I get scanned all the time so I see babs frequently :)

Not pregnant (:() but I do read this forum to see how the old ttc'ers are getting on. Cyning, you have had an unbelievably hard time...just shows its not plain sailing for everyone. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly

yellow hen wrote: »
    :o

Not pregnant (:() but I do read this forum to see how the old ttc'ers are getting on. Cyning, you have had an unbelievably hard time...just shows its not plain sailing for everyone. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly

Nope it's not, but I know it could be worse: it can just be hard to remember that sometimes: especially considering I haven't been allowed to work since I was just 5 weeks pregnant, so I'm at home all the time :rolleyes:

Your time will come too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Just read over in the Ladies Lounge that Neyite had a lil boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

javagal wrote: »

Holy crap! That's so cool, especially since I had read the entire TTC thread when I was TTC and got TONS of good info from her.

Where's the post? Did she post it or someone else announce it for her?

Yey :) huge Congrats Neyite! Hope Mammy & Baby are well xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Mink wrote: »
    javagal wrote: »

Holy crap! That's so cool, especially since I had read the entire TTC thread when I was TTC and got TONS of good info from her.

Where's the post? Did she post it or someone else announce it for her?
    Someone was asking about her and one of the girls announced. It!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congrats Neyite!!!

I seen it in her facebook, omg he's a little dote! cute enough to make me broody again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Congrats Neyite, can't wait to hear your birth story :-)

• Advertisement

Well hello again all day sickness & tiredness :( please go away soon!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hi all,

I can indeed confirm that I had a baby boy, born Sunday afternoon, a day after my due date, weighing in at 7lb4oz. :D

It turned out to be an emergency C-section, as my waters broke and there was meconium in it, and I was only 1cm for 5 hrs with no further progress. It was in baby's best interests to have the C-section, and I'm happy with that.

We got home today, and I am in awe. Cannot stop staring at this little bundle of perfection that we made!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congratulations Neyite! I was all teary eyed looking at the pic of you & him in hospital. He's absolutely gorgeous!!!!
    You look fantastic too, and your family look besotted with him :)

I hope you're recovering well from the section :)

Neyite wrote: »
    Hi all,

I can indeed confirm that I had a baby boy, born Sunday afternoon, a day after my due date, weighing in at 7lb4oz. :D

It turned out to be an emergency C-section, as my waters broke and there was meconium in it, and I was only 1cm for 5 hrs with no further progress. It was in baby's best interests to have the C-section, and I'm happy with that.

We got home today, and I am in awe. Cannot stop staring at this little bundle of perfection that we made!!

Neyite I'm so happy for you :) what dud you call him? Massive congratulations! Enjoy every minute of your new bundle xxx take it easy now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

massive congratulations hope you and baby are well x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Congratulations neyite! Great news!!! X

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

congratulations neyite, rest now and enjoy your baby xxxxxxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Great news,congrats Neyite!!xx

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Big big Congrats Neyite!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm disappointed Neyite. I thought you were going to give do a labour and post birth thread too. You should have been posting away throughout the section. Now the experiment is resting solely on my shoulders. ;)

Congrats on your son!:D

Advertisement