Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

That's not cheesy at all :) my OH is very much hoping for a girl this time! Not that he'd be disappointed with another boy! I'm back on Wed week for another scan :)
    I hope ya get to find out! Although a surprise is awesome too..

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

Just found out I'm almost 5 weeks pregnant. After a MC last December I never thought I'd be in this position again but so happy! I'm trying not to think about what could go wrong but also so scared and I just want to know everything is ok :o

Does anyone if it's standard for hospitals to do an early scan on subsequent pregnancies after a MC for public patients? Or would I have to pay for one myself?

KillerKity wrote: »
    Just found out I'm almost 5 weeks pregnant. After a MC last December I never thought I'd be in this position again but so happy! I'm trying not to think about what could go wrong but also so scared and I just want to know everything is ok :o

Does anyone if it's standard for hospitals to do an early scan on subsequent pregnancies after a MC for public patients? Or would I have to pay for one myself?

Huge Congrats :)
    It really depends on the hospital! You have to go to your GP and explain what happened & ask if they can refer you for an early scan. If you're worried about anything you can also contact your local EPU (early Preg unit) directly & they might tell you to come in. You could pay for an early scan privately but you should wait till at least 7 weeks as you be able to see a heartbeat then.
    Just stay positive :) I was told on my 1st MC that 55% of 1st pregnancies end in MC so it's nothing you did wrong & it def doesn't mean that anything will happen this pregnancy :) very best of luck with your pregnancy & wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

iguana wrote: »
    For the first few weeks we were both convinced it was a girl but then started thinking it was a boy. Now we tend to lean different ways at different times though I do have a sneaking suspicion it's a girl. And my husband says he hopes it's a girl as if it's not he's going to have to work hard at making the boy's name I like grow on him. :)

Turns out I have crappy instincts and my husband has to start coming around to that name I like.:cool:

Does that mean a BOY???

• Advertisement

Yup. The midwife said she's sure she got a flash of boy parts when she checked out his lower half. Very odd to think I'm growing a tiny penis.

Yup. The midwife said she's sure she got a flash of boy parts when she checked out his lower half. Very odd to think I'm growing a tiny penis.

Congrats!!!! Little boys are great :) (not that girls aren't!) lol I never even thought of it like that, but now I am lol! How do you feel after finding out? When we found out it was a boy we went straight to the shop & bought him a rock t-shirt lol

The main feeling is that now I know he's more of a person. All the time it was 'the baby' or 'it/it's.' Now it's 'he' and 'him/his.' It's like he has more personality somehow. When the midwife told us I thought I was going to burst into tears, it really rammed it home that he's a real little (soon to be) person.

I'm also feeling a bit outnumbered what with my two boy dogs, one boy husband and half-cooked boy baby. It's going to be a testosterone filled house.

Lol I'm the same here, 2 boy dogs, OH & DS! My OH keeps telling me it's a house of willies so therefor they win on all arguements.. I don't think so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Im having a boy too, and it just is the most wonderful feeling knowing, can't help but buy everything in blue, don't want to put him in white or yellow now that I know its a little man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

and my house will be the opposite :) me, female dog, expecting a little girl and then my poor oh he doesnt stand a chance really does he haha :)

I've found the best part of being pregnant. Lying on the couch watching tv and someone on screen is having a pie. 'Mmmm,' I say, 'I'd love a pie.' (I'm very suggestible about food in pregnancy.) And up gets my husband, on his bike to go to Tesco and get pies. Am now eating pie. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

And I can honestly say that lasts the whole way through! Their caveman instincts :) he even used get up at 3 in the morning to make me fried egg and white pudding sandwiches!

I love it :D

i always kinda feel guilty asking the oh to go get me someting that i want to eat, maybe its because we dont live in the town i dunno,

speaking of pie though i would love some right now :) yes i know its 9.30am but i figure there is fruit in it so its good for me :):):)

i always kinda feel guilty asking the oh to go get me someting that i want to eat, maybe its because we dont live in the town i dunno,

I have a serious advantage: he's a chef :D so its normally a case of him going to the fridge and making it: he makes a mean homemade pizza too :P

And pie sounds really good :)

ah im so jealous :)

think i might take a trip to town myself in a while and get some haha :)

The best part was I didn't even ask. I just sort of murmured that I'd love some pie and off he went. I didn't expect him to go and wasn't even hinting. He just wanted to get me anything I wanted.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

The best part was I didn't even ask. I just sort of murmured that I'd love some pie and off he went. I didn't expect him to go and wasn't even hinting. He just wanted to get me anything I wanted.:D

......*copies & pastes link to this post & emails to husband*

yeah def going to have to show that to oh :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Mink wrote: »

......*copies & pastes link to this post & emails to husband*

i can imagine how this would go with my oh.
    me - "oh id just love some ice cream" *le hint*

Mr.java-"Aww would ya baby,I'll drop you to the shop,but you go in and get me something too"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

I've found the best part of being pregnant. Lying on the couch watching tv and someone on screen is having a pie. 'Mmmm,' I say, 'I'd love a pie.' (I'm very suggestible about food in pregnancy.) And up gets my husband, on his bike to go to Tesco and get pies. Am now eating pie. :D

Mmmmm, pie.........

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

It seems I am immune to pie, but the fried egg and white pudding sandwich sounded awesome :D

I begin to understand why there is no pregged up 'What I had for dinner (and lunch and breakfast and between)' thread ...

My OH is very good for making breakfast every now and then, mainly if he 'forgets' to go to bed. I copped on that he would make anything when he asks me what I want, so I abused the pancakes for breakfast route for a while, then he started making pancakes without me asking, now I can't see pancakes anymore (but I am sure that will go away again)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

Mmm pie sounds like a great idea :) And so does egg and pudding sandwiches nom!

Lucky girlies having OHs wait on ye haha, I woke up the other morning and said "I'm so hungry I feel like I'm gonna puke, I have to eat something" and OH said "poor Nessa" and rolled over and went back to sleep....not impressed lol :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

:D same here, although never pies....:D
    cyning wrote: »
    And I can honestly say that lasts the whole way through! Their caveman instincts :) he even used get up at 3 in the morning to make me fried egg and white pudding sandwiches!

I love it :D

I read this out to Hub, now he wants to know whats with pregnant ladies and friend eggs and white pudding, I just had that..:D and twice this week I wanted fried eggs for dinner. He does make the best fried eggs ever though, so it's his own fault...:D

Is this weird? I'm getting very proud of my baby for all the kicking he is doing (except when he kicks me in the bladder, that sucks). I mean seriously proud, as if he is the most amazing kicker in the whole world, the first baby to ever be so perfect at kicking. I have this feeling like he's so smart and lively and all of his kicking is an indication of how brilliant he's going to be when he gets here. I know in my head that it's just involuntary movements that happen as a result of his muscle mass developing but I can't stop feeling like he's the bast baby in the world because of it.

I really hope it's some normal hormonal bonding instinct because I'm terrified that I'm turning into one of those crazy mommas who almost awards her kid a medal every time he farts.:o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

LOL it's like when mine kicked me full force in the lung, jesus it hurt and winded me but I was slightly proud and wondered if it was a lefty or a righty :D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Haha Iguana! If you start entering Toddlers & Tiaras in a couple of years then we'll sit you down for a chat, but for now, your pride is entirely normal. Its just MammyPride.

I'm going through the "yeah well, there are cute babies, but my fella is the cutest I have ever seen" phase. :pac:

And we are overly proud of our sons strong kicks too, envisioning him to be a mini Messi :D

Completely off topic but 8 minutes ago I just wrote the last words of my novel. It's not a very good novel yet and I pretty much need to write the whole thing all over again to have any hope of making it good but it's 100,605 words long, took loads of work and I'm feeling dazed and proud.

Now I just need to finish the next draft before the kid gets here and distracts me.

Congratulations :) I am mightily impressed at both your writing it and finishing it while pregnant... No baby foggy brain for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I'm pretty impressed too! I have a painting that I was in the middle of that I haven't touched since maybe January or February. I just can't get into it since getting further in the pregnancy, it's the weirdest thing.

Advertisement