Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

All the best to you cyning, hope everything is going well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

I hope they can fit you in Cunning!

Had our scan this morning & baby is perfect! It's quite amazing that at 13 weeks my baby is fully formed & looks like a tiny human!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

delighted your scan went well today tigeress

Thanks Betsie :) how far are you now?

Cyning I really hope you're close to having your baby if you haven't already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

It'll probably be tomorrow or Friday before babs makes her appearance :)

Delighted your scan went well tigress... And I definitely think your superwoman by the way 3 months pregnant with a 6 month old: pretty amazing!

Cunning I hope you get your scan :)

• Advertisement

Tigeress wrote: »
    Thanks Betsie :) how far are you now :)

Im almost 35weeks now can't believe it really :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Good luck cyning. Tigeress did you see much in the scan?

I'm just wondering about getting early scans. Alot of people get them around 7-8 weeks don't they? We would love to do this but then I got to thinking about when we'd tell our families. I would like to tell them after the traditional 12week period but if you don't get scanned until about 20weeks now, how do you even know they everything is ok at 12wks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

yellow hen wrote: »
    I'm just wondering about getting early scans. Alot of people get them around 7-8 weeks don't they? We would love to do this but then I got to thinking about when we'd tell our families. I would like to tell them after the traditional 12week period but if you don't get scanned until about 20weeks now, how do you even know they everything is ok at 12wks?

I got a private scan at 8 & half weeks to make sure all was ok, once we knew everything was fine we told our families. I wasn't scanned in the hospital until 14 weeks.

Ms2011 wrote: »

I got a private scan at 8 & half weeks to make sure all was ok, once we knew everything was fine we told our families. I wasn't scanned in the hospital until 14 weeks.

Thanks ms2011, is 14weeks the norm? I thought I had read that it was around the 20week mark now. I hope to go to the coombe if that makes any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Hi yellowhen, congrats your pregnancy! I'm due on Sunday. I told my family early on - as soon as I found out basically because I thought that if anything bad happened I'd like them to be there for me anyway. We weren't being scanned until around 22 weeks (Holles St) so went for a private scan at 9 weeks which was so amazing - like a little jelly bean & made it all so real for both of us. Best experience ever - would definitely recommend it! Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

• Advertisement

Thanks ms2011, is 14weeks the norm? I thought I had read that it was around the 20week mark now. I hope to go to the coombe if that makes any difference

I went to the Coombe too and around 14 weeks is the norm as this is your dating scan to check the age of the baby and when you are due, you get a second scan called an anomoly scan at around 20 weeks to check things like the brain, liver, kidneys etc. of the baby. Exciting seeing your little one there on the screen, I got my OH to video it on his phone as it just felt so surreal at the time. I now look at my little man and the footage on my phone and can't believe they are one in the same :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Your best bet is to book into the hospital and see what scan dates you get. Then when you know when your earliest one is you can decide whether or not you want to book a private one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

id second what iguana says, wait and see when you can get your hospital scan.

ive had about ten scans this pregnancy with portlaoise hospital.
    had one at 9 weeks in the epu after a bleed and all i could see was a jelly been shape,then they brought me back at eleven weeks and the difference is unreal!

i would suggest holding off on your private scan till you can get some clear images of babys face or sex if your going that route.
    i had a gender and 3d scan at ultrasound dimensions at 20weeks for 100e as i have a medical card,couldn't fault them.

enjoy your early pregnancy, its difficult to do so i now but it flies and you'll be a big 40week heifer like myself in no time!

also i told my family early, i had bleeds so it was nice to be able to have that support just in case !

Best of luck Cyning!

Yellow Hen yeah we saw lots, baby is fully formed and looking like a tiny human now! As the others say call the hospital and see when they can book you in! Most people seem to get the private scan around the 8/9 weeks Mark?! It's worth the money of you're very worried!

Java I'm in Portlaoise too :) wow 40 weeks! Hope your baba makes an appearance soon! Q for ya, how did you get the scan on the medical card? Where'd you go?

Betsie you're nearly there now :) I found the last 4-5 weeks flew by on my little fella! It feels like forever then when they arrive & ya think where'd that time go lol!

Best of luck Cyning!

Yellow Hen yeah we saw lots, baby is fully formed and looking like a tiny human now! As the others say call the hospital and see when they can book you in! Most people seem to get the private scan around the 8/9 weeks Mark?! It's worth the money of you're very worried!

Java I'm in Portlaoise too :) wow 40 weeks! Hope your baba makes an appearance soon! Q for ya, how did you get the scan on the medical card? Where'd you go?

Betsie you're nearly there now :) I found the last 4-5 weeks flew by on my little fella! It feels like forever then when they arrive & ya think where'd that time go lol!

I went here http://www.ultrasounddimensions.ie/pregnancy-ultrasound-scans/

I got the gender scan which is a medical scan so they give you a reduced rate (100e) but they show you baby in 3d there too(to get you to go back I'd imagine!!) So I got lots of lovely clear scan pics and 5 3d images and a video clip of my baby girl!!

I'm due on Sunday, hospital want me back thursday if I haven't gone for a sweep...So..Bouncey Bounce for me!

Oh I hope baba arrives for ya soon! You must be fed up at this stage! So exciting that you're getting so close though :) the sweep isn't too bad, just try relax and it's done quicker than if your tensed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Baby Ciara born 7/7 at 2.36 weighing 7lb 15 oz :)

cyning wrote: »

ah cyning, massive congratulation, hope everything went well for you in the end x

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Congrats cyning been reading about your pregnancy in July thread. You must be so relieved:D

cyning wrote: »

Huge Congrats Cyning :) fab name & good weight! I hope it all went well for ya! Enjoy every minute if her xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Big congrats cyning!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Congrats Cyning. I'm so happy that your induction finally worked. I felt so, so sorry for you reading through your other thread and then so delighted once I got to your 5am update. :D

Huge Congrats Cyning, hope all went well for you, love babs name x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Congratulations Cyning. Hope you and baby are doing well now and that it's all much easier from here on in.

Congrats cyning! That's great news :)

Any news yet Java??

Cunning & Yellow Hen how are you doing? :)

Im still on cloud nine :D...honestly I am waaay too excited. Will have to calm myself! I am a bit tired though so maybe this is the start of the

How are you doing?

Any news yet Java??

No news from my end I'm afraid.
    Having a few pains but nothing to report on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Any news yet Java??

Not doing too bad - thanks for asking.
    This pregnancy is just so different to my last, that it's turning me into a bag of nerves! I have totally different symptoms - have been experiencing period-like pains regularly which I didnt have last time, and I have no sore boobs, whereas they were very sore last time....Can't wait to get my scan on Friday -hopefully it will put my mind at ease!

• Advertisement

Not doing too bad - thanks for asking.
    This pregnancy is just so different to my last, that it's turning me into a bag of nerves! I have totally different symptoms - have been experiencing period-like pains regularly which I didnt have last time, and I have no sore boobs, whereas they were very sore last time....Can't wait to get my scan on Friday -hopefully it will put my mind at ease!

hi Cunning, Im noly 5.5weeks but I have had bad period type pains flash on and off for about a week now. Boobs are beginning to get darting pains in the sides and they feel very heavy! Otherwise no real symptoms.. oh, the last two mornings when I woke up the first feeling that sort of hit was one of nausea. Dissappears quite quickly but its definitely there!

Advertisement