Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Oh Java I thought you'd have some news by now! You poor thing you must be so fed up! Maybe all the walking will help move things along.. Are they going to induce you?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm so sorry CS. Take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I'm so so sorry cunning :( thoughts are with you at this horrible horrible time. X

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Cunning Stunt :( I'm so sorry for your loss.. we're all here for you..

I don't know what else to say X

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Tigeress wrote: »
    Oh Java I thought you'd have some news by now! You poor thing you must be so fed up! Maybe all the walking will help move things along.. Are they going to induce you?

On Thursday :(

Cunning, very sorry for your loss. Thoughts are with you and your OH x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I am so truly sorry to hear that cunning. Thinking of you and your oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Cunning I'm so sorry for your loss

How far will you be on Thursday? It seems like such a long wait for ya :( they were so good with me in Portlaoise but then my fella was looking at being 10lb.. How are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Tigeress wrote: »
    How far will you be on Thursday? It seems like such a long wait for ya :( they were so good with me in Portlaoise but then my fella was looking at being 10lb.. How are you doing?

I'll be 10days over, They've told me herself is massive too so I thought they'd bring me in earlier..

Just fed up now, going for a hot bath and walk with the dog. Then bed. If I'm not gonna go I'd love to just fast forward to Thursday!!
    They said I won't need gel because I'm already dilating so it should be just going in for ARM.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

So sorry Cunning :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Cunning take care of yourself & take as long as you need. Our thoughts are with you & your OH, terrible time

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

So sorry for your loss Cunning

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Cunning I'm so sorry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Has anyone gone through the Domino scheme in the Rotunda? I got a letter about a 3 hour class they run. Is this their equivalent of antenatal class and if so would that be sufficient enough for a clueless first time mum?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I am just 6 weeks now and the sickness or moreso nausea has kicked in. I only sort of get it after I eat a meal though. Is that weird?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I used to get it when I was too full or too hungry, was an annoying balancing act!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Very sorry to hear that cunning stunt... Hugs...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

yellow hen wrote: »
    I am just 6 weeks now and the sickness or moreso nausea has kicked in. I only sort of get it after I eat a meal though. Is that weird?

i used be kinda like that too i would be half way though dating and would feel sick

Has anyone gone through the Domino scheme in the Rotunda? I got a letter about a 3 hour class they run. Is this their equivalent of antenatal class and if so would that be sufficient enough for a clueless first time mum?!!

We don't have the Domino Scheme here but I personally thought the Antenatal classes were terrible! I didn't learn anything I hadn't read in pregnancy books to be honest.. The chairs are uncomfortable & it was just boring.. By all means go :) that was just my experience :)

Haha Red! My little fella doesn't like it when he has the same meal two days running either! I made a load of fish dinners last night & the smell of te fish is still in the kitchen :( I hate fresh fish lol pong central!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Cunning I'm so sorry to read your news, I'm heart broken for you. My deepest sympathy to you & your partner. Take care of yourself x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Cunning, I am so sorry to hear your news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

So sorry to hear your news Cunning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Cunning I'm at a loss as to what to say, nobody should have to endure the heartbreak you've suffered in the past few months. Please take care xxx

I never bothered with antenatal classes.

I got the info I needed from minding kids, being around nieces & nephews, lots of birth stories, tons of internet & book reading (reliable sources) and also my midwife. I certainly DO NOT know it all (I'm sure I'll have forgotten everything in a week or two when himself arrives) but I don't think I would have gotten anything more from the classes, from what I've been told by those who attended them.

But if you're not reading up on stuff & don't have experience with babies, other mum's, then I would definitely go to antenatal classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I found the antenatal classes great for himself, I don't think it really hit home that there was a baby on the way until he went to the classes ;-)
    On the way home he'd ask me a million questions & at home he'd going through the handouts or else tell me things I already knew as if he'd just discovered it himself lol :-D

Actually that's a good point, they are good for new dad's too, forgot re that.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I found the antenatal classes great for himself, I don't think it really hit home that there was a baby on the way until he went to the classes ;-)
    On the way home he'd ask me a million questions & at home he'd going through the handouts or else tell me things I already knew as if he'd just discovered it himself lol :-D

my OH was similar.
    actually classes forced him to stop thinking that baby will magicaly appear in cot one day ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

Haha I think that's what my OH still thinks I can't wait to see the cogs turn at the classes when he can properly understand what's gonna happen haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

My husband was the same....not a clue. Found the classes great for him. I was telling him all along what was going to happen but i don't think he believed me. He'd no clue about dilation or effacing etc. At least when I was in labour in knew what the mid wives and gyne were talking about. I picked up a few tips too. I actually found it a nice experience for hubby and i do together....how sad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

we done the classes too and oh found them great, he was mad asking questions, i enjoyed us both doing them together after the classes every week we used to go for something to eat too which was nice to be spending time just us, and i learned a few things too, :)

Advertisement