Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Ask away. No if any complications come up or I get to 42 wks then will have to be induced. For example; meconium in the waters, if I don't go into labour within 24 hrs of waters breaking, slow progress on labour etc. But because I have my own midwife I can get early release once pediatrician has checked out baby (& I'm fine too obviously) as she can care for me at home.

She has a tens machine & tanks of gas and air if I want them. I could get a precription for pethedine too but I don't think I will.

I tell ya, it's great having the midwife come to your home when it suits you to do your check ups, no queues!

She gets all the other gear from HSE too like resucitation gear, IV drips etc if needed. She can do stitches as well but if I have any slightly bad tears I'd have to go to hospital to get that done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

That's amazing Mink! I'd be terrified of a home birth! I really hope everything goes to plan for you :) can't wait to hear how you get on now! You haven't long left either!

Java I hope everything is going well for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I think once you trust your midwife & your body, there's nothing to be scared of. Hopefully it will go to plan & I can post the story of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

might be comin home tomorrow woo!
    can't wait for the chunky monkey to come home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

javagal wrote: »
    might be comin home tomorrow woo!
    can't wait for the chunky monkey to come home

How did I miss this? You had the baby!?!?!!? Congratulations! Have to scroll back to find the details now. Hope all weng well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

massive congratulation java, hope you and baby are doing well x

Java I've been watching every day for your posts! Huge Congrats :-) hope you & baby are well xxx
    Ps what ya call him/her?

I found java's posts, they're over in the July thread. I wont ruin the surprise re the sex and name ;)

yellow hen wrote: »
    I found java's posts, they're over in the July thread. I wont ruin the surprise re the sex and name ;)

Awe I never look at those threads! I'm sure she won't mind :p

she had a little girl, called zoe

• Advertisement

yeah sorry, I keep forgetting to post in both places, ie here and Facebook.

yeah big beautiful zoe arrived Thursday night at 8.10 pm. birth started off great and then had some complications. won't go into details but herself is here. she's and impressive 9 pound 10 and is only loving the boob.

ill post a pic when I'm home!Io biased obviously but she's the worlds most beautiful baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

I'm 38 weeks pregnant and only discovering this thread now despite posting in the August group...stupid pregnancy brain!
    In good news, I got my appt for the coombe today. Have midwives appt just on the week that i should be 12weeks and consultants appt is around the 15week mark. Will be seeing Michael O'Connell in the Coombe. Googled him and found good comments so am happy with that. Which appt is the really long one where you have to succumb to multiple tests and examination :eek:...midwives or consultants?

I saw your post there yellow hen and thought I'd reply cos I'm in the Coombe too :) The 12 week one is the long one, that's when you'll register, get your bloods done, dating scan and booking interview, I was there about 4 hours so bring something to eat! My 16 week appointment was much shorter, just BP and urine and a quick scan to see how baby was. Also when you're going for your first appointment make sure to check in at the window over on the right hand side, the other windows are for people who are already registered. I made the mistake of queuing at the wrong window for half and hour only to discover I was in the wrong one! Good luck with everything :)

Oh and congrats javagal, I had been following your story on the July thread, I'm sure she was worth the long wait! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congratulations Java Gal! Beautiful name & fine size baby!
    Hope mum & baby re doing well :)

Iguana congrats to your other half on such an amazing job opportunity! I hope it all works out for you both. Pity about the timing causing so much stress.

0ctober wrote: »
    I saw your post there yellow hen and thought I'd reply cos I'm in the Coombe too :) The 12 week one is the long one, that's when you'll register, get your bloods done, dating scan and booking interview, I was there about 4 hours so bring something to eat! My 16 week appointment was much shorter, just BP and urine and a quick scan to see how baby was. Also when you're going for your first appointment make sure to check in at the window over on the right hand side, the other windows are for people who are already registered. I made the mistake of queuing at the wrong window for half and hour only to discover I was in the wrong one!

thanks October! Did your OH or someone else stay with you for the whole 4hours? I want my husband there for the scan but I dont think he needs to hang about 4 hours waiting with me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Congrats Javagirl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

Aw congrats Javagirl :)

thanks October! Did your OH or someone else stay with you for the whole 4hours? I want my husband there for the scan but I dont think he needs to hang about 4 hours waiting with me.

Yeah my oh was there. It might be hard to time it so your oh is there for the scan, when I was queuing for the booking interview the midwife decided there was too many of us waiting and sent some of us to queue for bloods and some to queue for our scans. So I was supposed to have my scan last but it ended up being the first thing I got!

javagal wrote: »
    yeah sorry, I keep forgetting to post in both places, ie here and Facebook.

yeah big beautiful zoe arrived Thursday night at 8.10 pm. birth started off great and then had some complications. won't go into details but herself is here. she's and impressive 9 pound 10 and is only loving the boob.

ill post a pic when I'm home!Io biased obviously but she's the worlds most beautiful baby!

Here's a pic of baby Zoe for Tigeress,Yellow Hen/Anyone else I forgot!!!
    She most definitely looks bigger than 5 days old but look how awesome she is!!x

ah java she is a little cuttie, massive congratulations again x

Congrats java, I'm well jealous! She's gorgeous x

• Advertisement

0ctober wrote: »
    Congrats java, I'm well jealous! She's gorgeous x

Thanks!! Chuffed too bits with her!!!

So cute :) you could just gobble her up x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Java she's a little stunner, congrats x

Ms2011 wrote: »

Ah java, she's such a cute lil pudding. You must be totally mad about her. I'm in total admiration at you having the time to post here still!!!!

Ms2011 wrote: »

Ah java, she's such a cute lil pudding. You must be totally mad about her. I'm in total admiration at you having the time to post here still!!!!

she's the most easy going baby ever!sleeps,poos,eats,watches Mammy talk silly stuff to her and repeat!

This pregnancy seems to be flying through! Helps that I have a little monkey to run-around after all day :)

Tigeress wrote: »
    This pregnancy seems to be flying through! Helps that I have a little monkey to run-around after all day :)

i found mine went quick until i hit 30 weeks since then it has crawled but yet only about 3weeks left :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 newbie2011

Could somebody help with a question here please? I'm just 19 weeks at this stage and finally heading in for my first antenatal class in the Limerick Maternity. Does anyone have any idea how long the first class lasts for? I tried ringing to ask but the phone rang unanswered for about 3 minutes and finally disconnected. Just need to get back into work afterwards so was wondering... Thanks a mil :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭petalgumdrops

Hi newbie to this thread.. Im due in january.. 16 weeks pregnant and have a 9 month old!!gonna be busy. x

• Advertisement

Hi newbie to this thread.. Im due in january.. 16 weeks pregnant and have a 9 month old!!gonna be busy. x

I'm due Jan 7th :) and have a 7 month old! It'll be a busy few years for us! Glad to see someone else that's in the same sort if position as myself! How's things going with you? Oh and welcome aboard!

Betsie I didn't realise you were so close now! Very exciting! Are you all ready?

Advertisement