Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

looks like it will be cavan,i could have went to newry with private but just can't spend that sorta money really-on top of health insurance,what is share-care semi private?How much out of pocket would you be and what are the benefits?I plan on having an early scan private at 9 and half weeks,i'm flying a couple days later to portugal for a week and want to know all is well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

meggysmom wrote: »
    looks like it will be cavan,i could have went to newry with private but just can't spend that sorta money really-on top of health insurance,what is share-care semi private?How much out of pocket would you be and what are the benefits?I plan on having an early scan private at 9 and half weeks,i'm flying a couple days later to portugal for a week and want to know all is well:)

Would you consider drogheda? Share care means that you have 6 appts with your own go and only the alternate appts with the hospital. I think semi private will cost me about 850 of which I can claim about 170 back in tax. We did an early scan last week too and that was €100 which I think is about the norm everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

thanks for that,i'm not so sure about drogheda,i know all the hospitals are at capacity all the time but I haven't heard great things about it,i would welcome anyones imput though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

Ah iguana you poor thing :( I'd be lost if my OH was gone that long. Maybe arrange to have someone stay over with ya a night here or there be it a relative or friend just so ya have some company and aren't going crazy in the house alone! Hope the 2 wseeks goes quick for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Back in the hospital for a scan tomorrow.. Having a lot of pains the last week or so, so I'm a little worried.. But then I had a lot of pains on my last Preg too.. Its amazing how quick you forget how bad those pains were! My OH asks me are they the same & I can't remember :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

how many weeks are you now tigeress? im sure your scan will be fine :)

how many weeks are you now tigeress? im sure your scan will be fine :)

I'm 17 weeks now :) I'm sure everything will be fine.. Roll on tomorrow!
    How are you doing Betsie? Mink how are you getting on?

fingers crossed everything will be grand, Im not doing too bad slightly fed up now nearly there now though :-)

fingers crossed everything will be grand, Im not doing too bad slightly fed up now nearly there now though :-)

Oh I remember the last few weeks felt like they dragged but as soon as I had him I thought wow that flew lol! When are you back with the hospital?

back in the hospital Thursday morning, have a wedding to go to this weekend so kinda don't want to have her till after that :-)

• Advertisement

back in the hospital Thursday morning, have a wedding to go to this weekend so kinda don't want to have her till after that :-)

Lol well do loads of dancing at the wedding & maybe she'll arrive the day after ;) hope Thurs goes well & that ya have fun at the wedding!

don't think i would have the energy for much dancing, ill prob be sitting down nursing swollen ankles and eating rennies haha

don't think i would have the energy for much dancing, ill prob be sitting down nursing swollen ankles and eating rennies haha

Lol sounds like a great night to me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Good luck Tom tigeress , am sure all will be well!

dublinlady wrote: »

Thanks :) I'm still nervous but excited too! How are you getting along? It's mad to think you could be joining us real soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Betsie I should have been on the August thread!

Midwife was going to try a sweep today but cervix too far back, it's soft though, so I guess that's good. very hard to relax during an internal, 'twas a bit sore!

Anyway I think the hormones are building up, skin is bad, I'm exhausted and emotional today. Poor OH came home to a crying mess, he took me out for a walk though. Tummy is very hard and sore but not in a contraction way, more trapped wind!

40 +3 today

mink you can come and keep us company if you want :)

when do you have to see the midwife again ? at least your heading in the right direction i suppose.

Yeah it's all good signs. We're playing it by ear and she'll call me over weekend if I haven't contacted her by then. If anything significant happens I'll txt her

must be great, being able to contact her like that and that you know exactly who will be there when your baby will be born

Ah she's great. She has 3 kids, 4 grand kids (she was there for all of them) and over 20yrs experience. She knows me and my history inside out so she'll know of any signs that I need to transfer to hospital etc. feel very safe with her and that I can cope at home ... Touch wood

• Advertisement

that sounds wonderful mink, sounds like she knows what she is doing :-) really hope it all works out for you

Think something is happening. Braxton hicks seem to be combining with period pains. Didn't get much sleep. Hopefully it ramps up but could go on for days I guess

ah mink i hope things are starting for you x

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Mink wrote: »
    Think something is happening. Braxton hicks seem to be combining with period pains. Didn't get much sleep. Hopefully it ramps up but could go on for days I guess
    That's so exciting. I hope it goes quickly from here. Makes my news that I've entered the 3rd trimester pretty dull by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Congrats iguauna! Mink i hope things happen for you too best of luck !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Tigeress wrote: »
    dublinlady wrote: »

Thanks :) I'm still nervous but excited too! How are you getting along? It's mad to think you could be joining us real soon!

Doing good - little A much more settled last couple of days thanks to the baby whisperer!! Can't believe she's 24 weeks...

Dying to join ye on here again - trying my best ;) but still no period since having A so no idea what's going on - makes trying very difficult! Had convinced myself was pregnant last week - but no!!!
    Trying not to stress at all tho and not knowing when to 'try' takes all the pressure off as we just messin about!! Can't believe how broody I am 24 weeks after havin a baby... Still my family were all very close in age and I'd love a sibling for A soon!
    She's the best thing ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Mink wrote: »

My wife is getting the same - more braxton hicks, with cramps and also the babies head has engaged. So very interested to see if it is happening for you!

Mink I hope baby is making a move :) sounds promising!
    Iguana Congrats on the third trimester :)

I had a scan today & thankfully baby is perfect :) was fast asleep though & legs firmly closed so didn't find out the sex just yet! Back in 4 weeks so maybe then!

Tigeress wrote: »
    Mink I hope baby is making a move :) sounds promising!
    Iguana Congrats on the third trimester :)

I had a scan today & thankfully baby is perfect :) was fast asleep though & legs firmly closed so didn't find out the sex just yet! Back in 4 weeks so maybe then!

delighted your scan went well tigeress, typical legs closed, drink some lucozade or ice water the next time just before you go in :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Yay for all being well with mini-tiger-cub!

I've just discovered that my vagina has disappeared. For some reason I decided to do a little tidy up and went to the bathroom armed with my scissors, only to discover that no matter what way I contorted myself there was no way to even get a glimpse of what needed trimming. I knew this was bound to happen but I was honestly a bit confounded by it. Thankfully the wall around the bath is mirrored so I was able to manage some sort of effort.

Advertisement