Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Pmsl Iguana, I had that same "omigod where's it gone?" moment when doing my pre hospital tidy up :D

Congratulations Javagal on the birth of your beautiful little girl, she is indeed awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Haha yeah I basically had to trim and shave completely blind today. Haven't been able to see anything for months and mirrors just don't work for me. I've no idea what it's like down there but I'm sure it's dishevelled.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

What a day! I entered the first tri, lost my vagina and now I've just been kicked in the rib!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

must be a day for trimming just attempted to tidy myself up too, next to impossible could barely reach down there let alone see it haha :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Eek!! So impossible, now i know why people pay beauticians to wax down there! Not that id go through the pain of a wax now!!

• Advertisement

i couldn't even think about the pain of a wax now at this stage pushki, :-)

Seriously don't risk a wax. I got one a few weeks ago and it hurt WAY more than when not pregnant as skin is so sensitive from hormones and also stretched. It was not nice and I bled a lot.

ouch mink sounds nasty :-( i couldn't even think of it now at the moment,

Argh the "any news yet?" texts have begun :-(

I'm getting texts, Facebook messages, Facebook posts, voice mails, missed calls and emails. Had enough!

• Advertisement

its desparate isn't it? I can see myself firing my phone out the window come the end of the month!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

iguana wrote: »
    Yay for all being well with mini-tiger-cub!

I've just discovered that my vagina has disappeared. For some reason I decided to do a little tidy up and went to the bathroom armed with my scissors, only to discover that no matter what way I contorted myself there was no way to even get a glimpse of what needed trimming. I knew this was bound to happen but I was honestly a bit confounded by it. Thankfully the wall around the bath is mirrored so I was able to manage some sort of effort.
    Just after my baby arrived, I was kinda high from the epidural and all. So I looked down, and was able to see my bits for the first time in about 2 months...and being high I said it out loud, and also commented on how badly shaved i was (I also tried the blind trimming, rather unsuccessfully!). They all burst out laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

Lol at the disappearing vaginas, I tried tidying myself up last week and god only knows what it looks like haha

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I got a Californian wax at 38 weeks. I was a bit nervous because all other times I took a nurofen beforehand, and this time I didnt want to take anything, but I figured if I couldnt handle a wax, I had no business having a baby :pac:

I booked in with a good salon who knew what they were doing, and who uses the peelable, not the strip wax, and also have waxed pregnant women before.

It was actually grand. Because of hormones the regrowth has been extremely slow, so I got great value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

What a day! I entered the first tri, lost my vagina and now I've just been kicked in the rib!

OMG Iguana I actually pee'd a little I laughed so much reading your post! What a day you've had lol!

Had a bit of a scare yesterday. On Wednesday I had a tiny bit of brown spotting that I convinced myself I'd imagined but yesterday I had a bit more. It still wasn't a lot, but was undeniable this time. I went to my doctor who said everything looks fine and baby's heartbeat is beating between 140-160 which is normal but I should go for an ultrasound if it happens again. Baby was kicking like a maniac for most of yesterday (he even kicked the doppler when the doctor was listening for him, twice) so I'm not too worried. I suspect the stress of having my husband away and trying to organise the move caused it, so I'm trying to stay more chilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Had a bit of a scare yesterday. On Wednesday I had a tiny bit of brown spotting that I convinced myself I'd imagined but yesterday I had a bit more. It still wasn't a lot, but was undeniable this time. I went to my doctor who said everything looks fine and baby's heartbeat is beating between 140-160 which is normal but I should go for an ultrasound if it happens again. Baby was kicking like a maniac for most of yesterday (he even kicked the doppler when the doctor was listening for him, twice) so I'm not too worried. I suspect the stress of having my husband away and trying to organise the move caused it, so I'm trying to stay more chilled.

Heya Iguana

I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry too much, it's scary when that happens i know, i've been through it enough times myself on my first 3 but i'm sure like your doc said the babs is grand. If it helps at all I was in a similar boat a few weeks ago with moving as well, ended up in the EPU in the Coombe because of pain etc, but everything was grand, it was just the stress of moving and overdoing it. So just try and relax and rope a few friends into giving you a hand until himself is home. And in the meantime do something nice for yourself that will help you relax and cheer you up a bit.

iguana, hope everything is ok, take it easy for a few days and try and relax x

Aw Iguana hope you're ok, sorry to hear about the scare!

How are the ladies in waiting doing? :)

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, feeling better about it now. I think my main worry was what would happen on a practical level if I needed to be admitted to hospital. I just feel a bit vulnerable at times on my own. Baby is still kicking away and I've had no more spotting so I'm sure all is well.

I just thought I'd give a bit of advice if anyone is experiencing bad pelvic pain. Mine was awful a couple of weeks ago, I was hitting a point where I was almost housebound, so I ordered a body pillow online. From the first night sleeping with it I felt quite a bit better and after 8 nights my pain is drastically reduced. I clamp it between my knees and cuddle the top if it so I can feel a bit like I'm lying on my tummy, without feeling pressure in my tummy or pelvis. I'm sleeping better and in so much less pain. They will have them in Lidl on Thursday for €11 if anyone wants to pick one up. http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_23279.htm

Tigeress wrote: »

Still waiting :)

Yeah Iguana I swear by my body pillow!! I have the dream genii though, not sure if it's worth the extra I paid for it (was €54 I think!) but I wouldn't be without it!! Has eased my pain drastically!!

Still waiting... 8 days over tomorrow. Still just bits of mucous plug coming away (sorry if TMI).

I have the dream genii pillow but I got it 2nd hand for like 20 euro on adverts. I now sleep with three pillows under my head, another under my upper back/shoulders, one at my back (sort of supporting my arse cheek) and then the dream genii at my front. And I still get numb thighs!!

Iguana that's great that you're feeling lots of movement and no spotting, you've nothing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Sorry to hear about your scare iguana, try to take it easy and look after yourself.

Still waiting is right, 40+2 today- feels like 2 weeks rather than 2 days overdue already! :(

Ah Mink that really doesn't sound like fun!! Hope things start moving soon so you get some relief :)
    October- fingers crossed that you won't be waiting much longer :)

I hope things start moving for soon Mink & October! Betsie how long do you have left? So exciting that so many of you are about to have babies :)

mink had a baby boy yesterday morning

i was due last sunday

mink had a baby boy yesterday morning

i was due last sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

I hope things start moving for soon Mink & October! Betsie how long do you have left? So exciting that so many of you are about to have babies :)

Still here Tigeress unfortunately! 40+5 today. I have a sweep in the morning though so fingers crossed I'll have some news soon! :)

Advertisement