Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Oh nommy betsie, you're giving me ideas now lol. Although at this stage i'd be knocking back tabasco sauce by the bottle if i was you lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

i would be admitted for different reasons if i done that i think haha :)

True enough but they'd induce ya out of pity for the level you're being reduced to. Or at least you could try and swing it that way lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

yellow hen wrote: »
    I just read minks birth story and it petrified the life out of me. I am in deep admiration of the ladies here, I'm not sure I can be as brave !!

Don't be put off by my story. The actual birth was fine. It was sore as hell but you just find the strength to get through it and out the other side! Plus you'll have option of epi in hospital! Although I was a bit scared at times, it was a sort of excited scared, so don't worry.

I only wanted to make the point that you should expect to be sore and drained afterward and to watch out for hormones. Don't put pressure on yourself to feel a certain way or be up and about. I definitely think women should spend a week in bed after giving birth and just be fed and given the baby to breast feed and that's it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Looks like I will be a dad for a second time today. My wife's waters broke and she has been admitted, expecting a c-section at some point today.

:D

• Advertisement

Yay nooptie, congrats and good luck to both of ye :-D

Thumby wrote: »
    Yay nooptie, congrats and good luck to both of ye :-D

Thanks a million. Baby Jamie was born earlier weighing just over 10lbs. We are thrilled!

Awww congrats again, that's a big boy :-) how is your oh doing after her section?

ah massive congratulations :) fine size little boy there, hope mam and baby are doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Congratulations Noopti! Hope mum and baby are doing well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Congratulations Noopti! Hope everyone is well x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congratulations Noopti & Mrs. Noopti :D great size baby alright, hope mum is recovering well :)

Betsie how are you keeping? did the hospital indicate when they'd take you in if you don't go naturally soon? Hopefully you wont have much longer to wait.

0ctober such a pretty name to call your little girl :) hope you are recovering well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Congrats Nooptie!

Very best if luck tomorrow Betsie :) I'll be watching for news!

20 weeks tomorrow! Can't believe how quick this pregnancy is going! My last one felt like forever

Tigeress wrote: »

20 weeks tomorrow! Can't believe how quick this pregnancy is going! My last one felt like forever
    The end product of your last pregnancy is keeping you occupied this time round ;)

Good luck tomorrow betsie!

Good luck tomorrow betsie xxx

The end product of your last pregnancy is keeping you occupied this time round ;)

Good luck tomorrow betsie!

Lol he sure is ;) can't believe you're 11 weeks already! Have you started telling people yet or waiting for your scan next week? I seen ya commenting about the birth stories.. Please don't read mine you'll be terrified! :o in any case bad or not it's worth all the pain & the long wait :) there's nothing better than being a Mammy x

Lol he sure is ;) can't believe you're 11 weeks already! Have you started telling people yet or waiting for your scan next week? I seen ya commenting about the birth stories.. Please don't read mine you'll be terrified! :o in any case bad or not it's worth all the pain & the long wait :) there's nothing better than being a Mammy x

I have my 12 week scan this week so assuming all is good, we'll tell people after that. We've already told a small few people who knew that I'd had surgery adn that we had been trying.

The birth stories are actually good for me, I think I had been totally living with my head in the clouds so it's good to see whats ahead...no matter how traumatic :eek:

Mink wrote: »
    Don't be put off by my story. The actual birth was fine. It was sore as hell but you just find the strength to get through it and out the other side! Plus you'll have option of epi in hospital! Although I was a bit scared at times, it was a sort of excited scared, so don't worry.

I only wanted to make the point that you should expect to be sore and drained afterward and to watch out for hormones. Don't put pressure on yourself to feel a certain way or be up and about. I definitely think women should spend a week in bed after giving birth and just be fed and given the baby to breast feed and that's it!!

Hi Mink, your birth story was great. I am a little in denial about whats ahead so I need to read a few more warts and all stories like yours.

Hope things are going well with the new wee dote!

thanks a million for all the good wishes everyone :) fingers and toes crossed for later on :)

i have avoided reading the birth stories thread, i will read them when i have my little baby in my arms :)

• Advertisement

What time is your appointment betsie?

thanks a million for all the good wishes everyone :) fingers and toes crossed for later on :)

i have avoided reading the birth stories thread, i will read them when i have my little baby in my arms :)

Good luck Betsie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Hi Mink, your birth story was great. I am a little in denial about whats ahead so I need to read a few more warts and all stories like yours.

Hope things are going well with the new wee dote!

I thought minks story was great actually haha!:D It made me want to try home birth the next go round (much to my husbands shock!) I was very interested in what happened after she had the baby...I always thought the first few days after the birth would be much harder than the actual birth itself! Its good to know the hormones can flucuate so much and made me feel better as I'm worried about PND!

Thanks again for all the congratulations messages. Mrs Noopti is doing great!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

So I've moved and am semi-settled in Swansea for the next few months. I got to see my midwife today and she was really lovely. I'll have to see a consultant at the local hospital here, mainly due to my endometriosis, but if my pregnancy continues healthily I'll be allowed to choose a midwife led birth centre. There is one at the local hospital, one in the second nearest hospital and a third birthing centre that looks completely fantastic.

Baby has gotten himself in position already and is upside down, I didn't think he'd stay in one position this early but apparently once they are upside down that's how they tend to stay as the head is so heavy. Poor baby, I wouldn't be too happy to have to stay upside down for 10+ weeks.

I'm busy getting to grips with all the stairs in this house. I've gone from living in a bungalow to living in a 3 story house with stairs to get in and stairs from the top floor to the back garden. I'm so glad my pelvic pain has reduced since I got my body pillow or I'd be screwed. I'm also missing my bath as this house only has a shower and the bed will take some getting used to, as our bed at home is a kingsize, memory foam mattress on a boxspring frame, that is so perfect and comfortable. After spending 7 hours in the car yesterday, the night on the world's firmest mattress and dealing with all the stairs in this house and the steep, steep hills of Swansea, I feel a bit like I've been beaten up but I'm living on the coast, have lovely views from all over the house and I get to see my husband tonight and every night, which is a big treat after only seeing him for a day and a half over the last month.:D

Congrats iguana. Delighted the move has gone so well. Give yourself a couple of days rest and relaxation before tackling the unpacking. I moved a few weeks ago and didn't rest and ended up in the coombe and on bedrest (well as much as possible with 3 kiddies at home) for two weeks. As for the amount of stairs they'll help when it comes to your labour.
    On another note, seeing as betsie hasn't posted since this morning i'm assuming she got good news when she went in this morning.

Evening ladies i finally have a plan, Im being induced on Thursday morning, Im so delighted to finally have a plan :-)

Delighted the move went well for you, i love swansea, my aunt used to live there, used to love going to visit her x

Woohoo betsie :-D delighted for you.

Thumby wrote: »
    Woohoo betsie :-D delighted for you.

• Advertisement

Very best of luck tomorrow Betsie :) so glad to hear you've a plan & you'll have your baby at some stage tomorrow xx can't wait to hear!

Can someone link me the birth stories page please? I'm being lazy & hate searching on my iPhone :o

Advertisement