Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Yellow hen did you have your scan yet? I forgot if it was this week or next :o
    We're back for a scan on Wed & I really hope we get to find out what we're having but if this one is anything like my little man I'll be waiting till 36 weeks lol!
    Had a scare on Fri when I had alot of bleeding :( had to go into the hospital as there was so much... Thankfully baby is fine although I wasn't so good after it all with the fright! Theyre not sure what caused it but after a load of tests they were happy to let me home.. Been fine since :)

Iguana how are you settling in, in Wales? Hope it's all going good x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

God tigress hope your ok, get plenty me rest x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

God tigress hope your ok, get plenty me rest x

Hope you're ok tigeress, that's pretty scary :( are you 20 weeks now then if you're having the anatomy scan?

My scan's not until next Thurs. I'll be 13 weeks on Friday so hoping to see a good clear scan today. Am feeling very bloated and crampy at the moment and generally crap. Just wish the belly would pop and I can let it all hang out there :)

I'm 21 weeks tomorrow Yellow Hen :) you'll see loads in your scan on Thurs! Baby is fully formed at 13 weeks just super tiny hehe! Have you joined EUMom? They email you weekly updates on your Preg & tell you how big baby is compared to fruit & veg :) I found it brill on my last pregnancy & still use it this one too!
    I get a scan every 4 weeks due to complications so I don't get the 'big' scan at 20 weeks that you'd get in Dublin.. I only get quick ones but it's still amazing to see the difference in the size of baby every 4 weeks :) I hope I get to find out the sex on Wed!
    I felt simular to you around that time frame too.. Loads of water helps the bloatedness! Oh and Melon too! I think I was 5 months before I started showing last time, this time I feel huge already :o

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

I was looking back at old pics from when i was pregnant on my little girl and i didnt start getting a bump till 27 weeks. Il be 22 weeks on Tuesday and i def have a bump the same size of what i had at 27/28weeks on my daughter :D.

Tigeress i hope baby co- operates for you at the scan and doesnt cross his/her legs.... Are you getting that intuition thing people talk about "The oh i knew it was a boy/girl before the scan" that people talk about. I wasnt installed with that motherly software :D

• Advertisement

yellow hen wrote: »
    I'll be 13 weeks on Friday so hoping to see a good clear scan today.

I have a 13 weeks scan from my first pregnancy yellow hen and in it she is sucking her thumb, its lovely.

We had our first scan this time at 10 weeks and sure it was only a girgeous little peanut :D. Big difference 3 weeks makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Princessa wrote: »
    I was looking back at old pics from when i was pregnant on my little girl and i didnt start getting a bump till 27 weeks. Il be 22 weeks on Tuesday and i def have a bump the same size of what i had at 27/28weeks on my daughter :D.

Tigeress i hope baby co- operates for you at the scan and doesnt cross his/her legs.... Are you getting that intuition thing people talk about "The oh i knew it was a boy/girl before the scan" that people talk about. I wasnt installed with that motherly software :D

you didn't get a bump until 27 weeks on your first?!? I'm 25 weeks on my first and i'm MASSIVE!! I was dying to get a bump, lol well I got what I wished for haha!!

Girls, just a question. Everything I've read has said that a 2-3 lb gain in your first trimester is about the norm. Now I am about a 1.5stone overweight (I think our failure to concieve sent me into a spiral of self indulgence for a long time :o) but having now reached the 12 week mark, I havent put on a pound and I have been eating lots also. I generally feel grand and am now crapping it that at my scan this week Im going to get bad news. Am I being totally neurotic?

Girls, just a question. Everything I've read has said that a 2-3 lb gain in your first trimester is about the norm. Now I am about a 1.5stone overweight (I think our failure to concieve sent me into a spiral of self indulgence for a long time :o) but having now reached the 12 week mark, I havent put on a pound and I have been eating lots also. I generally feel grand and am now crapping it that at my scan this week Im going to get bad news. Am I being totally neurotic?

I didn't gain much at all my first trimester, and I didn't have hardly any morning sickness. I gained maybe 2 pounds total. I've well made up for it during my second trimester though! Everyone is different...I wouldnt worry about a lack of weight gain...the less you gain the less you have to lose later haha! But in all seriousness the real weight packing on time starts around 18-20 weeks and I'm just in the overdrive part of it now, 24-30 weeks....it will happen for you! :)

Thanks rachel, I think I am going into panic mode now. I can't relax until this scan is over. I am dying to get into maternity clothes!!!!

• Advertisement

Yellow hen i lost weight in my first trimester this time about 2 or 3 pounds. I only hadmorning sickness from 4pm-bedtime. But i made sure that i ate my breakfast, lunch and had a snack or toast then just before 4 as i wouldnt be able for dinner. I wouldnt worry about it, lots of people dont put on any weight or even lose weight even without horrific morning sickness. I was very sick in the first trimester with my little girl so im not surpirsed i didnt put on weight then, but she was a big healthy baby of 8lbs 4oz when she was born :D

Rachineire i know i was literally about 27 weeks but i popped from there, between 27-30 weeks i was massive.
    This time its less severe, im 22 weeks now tomorrow and ive been getting my bump since around 15 weeks gradually. So i am delighted :D.

My sister had a baby on saturday and when i went out to visit my new little niece the midwife said to me "And when are you due?" I was delighted cause i was told a few weeks ago "Oh you just look like you had a big dinner is all you dont look pregnant" and i was going around proud as punch with my bump :D:D

Thanks rachel, I think I am going into panic mode now. I can't relax until this scan is over. I am dying to get into maternity clothes!!!!

Haha I was exactly the same as you!! I was waking my OH in the middle of the night in a panic of what if this happens or doesn't happen and etc! :D the first scan is amazing though- best of luck with it! When are you scheduled for it?

Rachineire wrote: »
    Haha I was exactly the same as you!! I was waking my OH in the middle of the night in a panic of what if this happens or doesn't happen and etc! :D the first scan is amazing though- best of luck with it! When are you scheduled for it?

Thursday morning..only 3 more sleeps :o

Thanks Princessa, I should be grateful not to be piling on more pounds I guess!

Good luck yellow hen, you will be so relieved once you come out of there. We didnt tell anybody we were pregnant, then once the OH saw everything was perfect on the scan at 10 weeks, he literally drove us straight up to his mums after the scan to tell family, even though it was before the 12 week mark, we said family could know.

Then you will start counting down the weeks to the next scan? Are you going to find out the sex of the baby or do you want the surprise with it being your first?

*Duplicate post*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Yes :) every pregnancy is different and those figures are averages. I didn't gain significant weight until about wk 20 and was in my regular jeans till wk 22! :)
    Don't worry, look forward to your long awaited scan and enjoy it :)

Yellow I'm 21 weeks today & I've only gained 2lbs so far so don't worry :) the last few weeks are the worst for weight gain!

Rach I think I'm having a girl this time but sure it doesn't mean alot till ya know for sure haha! I though a boy the last time & was right so we'll see! Fingers crossed those legs are open :o then they'd better have them closed till they turn 30 haha
    Are you gonna find out or prefer the surprise?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

I'm 14 weeks today :-) have my booking in appointment on wednesday and unsure what to expect. Im with holles street but going to a clinic on pearse street for this. I know they take blood and do a medical history but anything else? Would they do a scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congratulations Betsie! Delighted your little lady finally arrived. Worth the wait too no doubt :)

KillerKity wrote: »
    I'm 14 weeks today :-) have my booking in appointment on wednesday and unsure what to expect. Im with holles street but going to a clinic on pearse street for this. I know they take blood and do a medical history but anything else? Would they do a scan?

I'm not sure how that hospital works but i'd imagine they'd do bloods & a scan for ya!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Killerkitty, there is no scan at the booking clinic in Holles St, at least not when I went there. I would imagine the antenatal clinics are the same. Holles St don't do early scans. First scan will be scheduled for 24 weeks ish.

They took bloods, did urinalysis, checked BP, took weight and height and medical background - and that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Kazzehh

killerkitty- as squiggler said there is no scan in Holles street at booking unfortunatly :( but you should get to hear the heartbeat, at least that's what happened at pearse street for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

Thanks for the replies! Hopefully I'll hear the little heart beat :)

Thats really a shame that they dont scan at booking in in Holles St. Do they just take your LMP dates for what they are then and alter it at 24 weeks?

When is your scan Tigeress? Aaaah fingers crossed for you, be lovely to have one of each. Even though you prob have all blue around the house from your son.x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I had a mini scan at my booking appointment in Holles Street and have had one at each visit, as well as the 20 week scan. I wouldn't be high risk or anything like that that would necessitate them doing it each time. I'm almost certain they won't refuse you a mini one if you ask

Thats really a shame that they dont scan at booking in in Holles St. Do they just take your LMP dates for what they are then and alter it at 24 weeks?

When is your scan Tigeress? Aaaah fingers crossed for you, be lovely to have one of each. Even though you prob have all blue around the house from your son.x

Scan is on Wed Princessa :) would love a little girl but then I think I'd love another boy so he has a little brother! I'm good with either! When are you due? Yeah there's alot of blue lol! Some pink would be nice haha, even things out a bit here!

Tigeress wrote: »
    Scan is on Wed Princessa :) would love a little girl but then I think I'd love another boy so he has a little brother! I'm good with either! When are you due? Yeah there's alot of blue lol! Some pink would be nice haha, even things out a bit here!

Im due January 1st, at the moment though my placenta is lying low so if it doesnt move im a section in December, but id say it will move up as i get bigger.

Yeah i have a little girl, she will be three in Nov. We felt the same as you, one of each would be lovely, but two of the same sex is just as nice as they would be little buddies. Its great when your happy either way. :D

Oh not long and you will see if your mammy intuition is right. How are you feeling? You finding it tough with a kid at home and one in the oven? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Well day 1done at home, think it went off well anyway :-) Im slightly over tired i think, can't sleep but will be ok, baby is doing great and that's the main thing :-)

Ladies as for the weight thing, i was and still am over weight and i managed to loose just over a stone the entire pregnancy and i had a healthy pregnancy, so don't worry about not gaining anything, everyone is different x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Vel wrote: »
    I had a mini scan at my booking appointment in Holles Street and have had one at each visit, as well as the 20 week scan. I wouldn't be high risk or anything like that that would necessitate them doing it each time. I'm almost certain they won't refuse you a mini one if you ask

Glad to hear this Vel, I am with Holles Street also and was wondering about the scan situation. My 20week is not until November and I don't think id last until then! Maybe the key is to ask them alright!

• Advertisement

Tigeress wrote: »

Im due January 1st, at the moment though my placenta is lying low so if it doesnt move im a section in December, but id say it will move up as i get bigger.

Yeah i have a little girl, she will be three in Nov. We felt the same as you, one of each would be lovely, but two of the same sex is just as nice as they would be little buddies. Its great when your happy either way. :D

Oh not long and you will see if your mammy intuition is right. How are you feeling? You finding it tough with a kid at home and one in the oven? :D

I'm due 7th Jan :) like yourself though im a possible section in December, just waiting to find out! Different reasons though!
    Does the placenta usually change where it's lying? I hope it moves above baby for you! Are you gonna find out?
    I'm wrecked to be honest lol! My little man is only 8 months & he's so active & I'm all day running after him, a break is going to work haha! I had terrible sickness at the start but thankfully it's all gone now & it's really just being tired that gets me now! How are you feeling? Is your little girl excited to be a big sister?
    I hope I get to find out too :) I'll be posting to let ya know either way.. Thinking we might get a 3D scan.. Anyone had one?

Advertisement