Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Thanks Ivy, I think I just needed to hear some reassurance from the ladies who have been there. It took us so long to get here, I am utterly terrified something will go wrong. I know I should be grateful for feeling so good. My boobs appear to know that Im pregnant as they increased exponentially....I definitely need to go bra shopping at the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

yellow hen wrote: »
    Thanks Ivy, I think I just needed to hear some reassurance from the ladies who have been there. It took us so long to get here, I am utterly terrified something will go wrong. I know I should be grateful for feeling so good. My boobs appear to know that Im pregnant as they increased exponentially....I definitely need to go bra shopping at the weekend!
    See this is another example of how everyone is different, the tit-fairy didn't visit me at all during pregnancy! And my boobs only got bigger 3 days after the birth, when the milk came in. I'm still breastfeeding, but they went back to their normal size about a month after the birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Yellow hen - I tried to convince myself I had a small bump at 16 weeks but in reality it was m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

yellow hen, first pregnancy I didn't even look slightly bloated until I was about 27 weeks. I also hadn't gained any weight (but boy did it pile on after that!). Nearly 38 weeks into my second now and although I was showing much earlier I actually lost weight in the first 20 weeks or so (again to make up for it in the subsequent ones).

Easier said than done, I know, but try to relax and stay calm. Worrying or stressing is not good for you or the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Yellow hen - I tried to convince myself I had a small bump at 16 weeks but in reality it was mOre like 20 weeks!! At that it was small! Depending on what I wore people would not notice right up until 24-28 weeks!! I'm slender enough but tall and so there was loads of room for the baby up and down rather than straight out! I only got proper big sticky out bump when I was 30 plus weeks!

I promise on a first baby - most ppl aren't showing! I think i put on 1-2 pounds in my first trimester (up to about 15 weeks) but that was from eating lots of chocolate crossaints!!!!!! :)

No idea what'll happen me now with baby number 2 - but I've adopted the attitude that you have to believe all is well as you really just can't tell from the outside!! When you feel proper movement around 20 weeks or so you will have that reassurance - which is lovely - altho again at first it's very erratic so can cause you to panic also!! I think to be honest.. Shes six & 1/2 months now and I think I'll be worrying about sonething to do with her for the rest of my life! I just try to keep busy - focus on sonething else - and don't let the obsessing takeover! Very difficult I know!!
    It sounds like everything is going great for you though - and even though it happened close to you - miscarriage after 12 weeks is uncommon , your baby has every chance and odd of being a fab healthy little baba - and so you should try to enjoy every second! Have the faith - there's no reason not to :)

Now I need to go read that to myself..... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Hey girls, Im 14 weeks on my first baby tomorrow and honestly, now that the bloating etc. has died down, I have not put on a pound of weight and my clothes still fit the exact same! Every morning I hope that something will have gotten a bit tighter just so the pregnancy will feel real. I had my 12 week scan and everything was ok but my sister miscarried at 17 weeks and I think I cant get that out of my head. If we had the money, I would be straight on to book a private scan. When did your bodies start to change on your first pregnancy? Honestly, this baby is going to turn me into a neurotic mess....I come on here to have my panic attacks because my husband already thinks I'm nuts :o

14 weeks is very early honey, I was still in my regular jeans until 22/23 weeks.
    Relax and enjoy your pregnancy, I wish I had instead of being constantly worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

just want to see how many of you had a week of morning sickness or did it go and come back a few times??

Iv had it for 3 weeks and it went for few days then came back worse its now finally going again and I'm just worried it will come back a third time and god forbid worse again

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Im exactly the same SS,I am 10 weeks on monday,due date april 8th,weeks 5,6 and 7 were very bad with morning sickness,then it started to ease off and almost disappeared for week 8 and now this week it is back again full on-I guess it's the hormones again:)Hopefully it will disappear again in a couple of weeks and that will be that.Morning sickness or all day sickness really went away completly at 13 weeks with my daughter.Welcome to the april thread:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Its so nice that Im not alone on this..! my best friend from school who
    I grew up with is PG now too and due 5 days after me and she aint sick at all. Makes me feel awful she wants to meet for lunch and I cant commit until sickness is well and truly gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Dont worry at all yellow hen. On my first pregnancy i didnt start showing and was in my jeans until 26-27 weeks, after that though oh my god did i look pregnant. A friend saw me and 27 weeks and i was starting to show, came home from holidays and we met up at 30 weeks and i was properly pregnant.

This pregnancy is number two so you are suppose to show much earlier and i still had nothing by 14 weeks, i actually lost 4 pounds in the first trimester with vomiting.

I know its frustrating, i couldnt wait for people to know i was pregnant and look it, it will happen eventually...

Posistive thinking, you be ok...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Yellow hen don't worry at all I was heavy when I got pregnant and I actually lost weight while pregnant, I was about 23 weeks before I started to show too

I know its hard but try not to worry too much x x x

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aprilekavanagh

Congratulations to ye all! I hope the pregnancies go well and the births too.
    Remember ye should go to your antenatal classes and breast is best!

thanks for all the reassurances girls. I love this forum just for a place to chat and say the things that you don't say to your family or friends. I felt so reassured last night and am going to have faith that this little lemon will soon be an orange, be a grapefuit..and whatever comes next :D

I cannot wait to be able to buy things for the baby. I think that will be the real awakening that soon there will be something wearing or using those items! Hope you're all feeling well on this lovely sunny friday!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

thanks for all the reassurances girls. I love this forum just for a place to chat and say the things that you don't say to your family or friends. I felt so reassured last night and am going to have faith that this little lemon will soon be an orange, be a grapefuit..and whatever comes next :D

I cannot wait to be able to buy things for the baby. I think that will be the real awakening that soon there will be something wearing or using those items! Hope you're all feeling well on this lovely sunny friday!

I was 14 weeks before I had any kind of a bump, but only the people who knew I was pregnant noticed if you know what I mean. Anyone else may have just saw a muffin top.

Would you get a doppler? we got one and it was reassuring during the second trimester when you cant feel movements yet. Like you, our family had a second tri loss so that preyed on our minds too.

Neyite wrote: »
    I was 14 weeks before I had any kind of a bump, but only the people who knew I was pregnant noticed if you know what I mean. Anyone else may have just saw a muffin top.

Would you get a doppler? we got one and it was reassuring during the second trimester when you cant feel movements yet. Like you, our family had a second tri loss so that preyed on our minds too.

hi neyite, I had read that sometimes the doppler cant pick up the heartbeat and I think if that was the case, it would turn me into a complete neurotic basketcase. Where do you buy them anyway and are they expensive?

You can order them on Ebay.com. Dont think they are that dear if they come from China..

I was thinking of ordering one, but i said no. At the moment your baby has loads of room to move about, you could hear the heartbeat at 2pm lets say under your belly button, baby moves about and you go back an hour later to let the OH listen to the HB and its no longer under the belly button as baby has changed location and it can cause a bit of panic if you are finding it hard to find the HB.

But thats just my 2 cents is all. Personally if i couldnt find the HB for some simple reason that i was in the wrong location or i wasnt pressing hard enough i would panic and be on the phone to the maternity dept. Thats just me though, known worry wart.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

hi neyite, I had read that sometimes the doppler cant pick up the heartbeat and I think if that was the case, it would turn me into a complete neurotic basketcase. Where do you buy them anyway and are they expensive?

A good one will pick up the heartbeat after 12 weeks pretty easily. This is our one and the site we got it from: http://www.inhealth.ie/Products/HI-bebe-BT-200-LCD-Fetal-Doppler__4562.aspx

If I recall correctly, we got it at 12 weeks, and got a faint heartbeat with a bit of patience, but by 14 weeks we were able to find the heartbeat pretty easily-we had to press in a bit on the skin - it was low near my pelvic bone. I had a low lying placenta so on the left side it was harder to hear and later on, kicks and thumps were less noticeable on that side too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well :)
    Yellow so delighted to hear your scan went well! Just try to stay positive & all will be ok :) once they see a heartbeat 95% of pregnancies go full term & have healthy babies!
    Can't believe I'm nearly 23 weeks already! This pregnancy is flying through.. But then when ya have an 8.5 month old to keep ya busy!

Tigeress wrote: »
    Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well :)
    Yellow so delighted to hear your scan went well! Just try to stay positive & all will be ok :) once they see a heartbeat 95% of pregnancies go full term & have healthy babies!
    Can't believe I'm nearly 23 weeks already! This pregnancy is flying through.. But then when ya have an 8.5 month old to keep ya busy!

Oh my god can't believe your 23 weeks your right its flying by, how are you feeling yourself?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Went for a 3D scan today and despite having a sleepy uncooperative baby (he was wide awake on the journey to the scan but one we got there was asleep with his hand over his face) we still got some nice pictures of his face.

30xbm0n.pngqqwtok.png

• Advertisement

Yeah I know Betsie! Too quick! I'm doing good :) finding this pregnancy alot easier than my last which is pretty awesome lol! Getting alot of crampy stretching pains and bump seems to be exploding daily :o I think I only feel better this time cause I can't just sit & relax.. I've a baby to look after so pain or not I've just to get on with it..

How are you? Enjoying your little lady :) x

Awww Iguana he looks gorgeous! A little puddin in the making hehe x bet you're buzzing after seeing him :)

ah iguana you gotta love 3d scans, i look at mine now and then look at r and i cant believe it, they are amazing x

we are getting on great now thank god, she is as good :)

Awwwh Iguana he is absolutely gorgeous, def a little pudding in the making. Awwwh i want the 3d scan done now... Typical that he would be jumping around on the way to the scan then asleep when you get there. Thats babies for you... So adorable though.

Considering that one of the main things my boy will be doing for the next 8 weeks is piling on the baby fat I'm a tiny bit frightened of what sort of roly poly I'll be giving birth to. :D He has huge chubby cheeks already and his lips are unbelievably full and pouty. I got the video too, which is about 13 minutes long, we put it up on youtube last night so we could send a link to our parents. We'd only meant to put 2-3 minutes up as we thought the full thing would be a bit boring for everyone else, especially as he just sleeps through it but accidentally uploaded the full file. This morning I got my parents on skype and sent them the link, so I could watch them watch him and my mum just stared at the whole video, completely entranced. I honestly don't think she'd have been more mesmerised if he'd put on a boater and started tap dancing.

They are going to see my nana a little later on this evening and will show it to her too but only after getting my uncle to skype me first, so I can see her reaction. I'm not sure what she'll make of it as I don;t think she's ever seen a 3D/4D before. When I was 14 weeks we went to visit her and told her we had a puzzle for her. I gave her my scan pictures and asked her if she could work out what it was. It took her ages to figure it out and when she did she was all, 'it looks a bit like a baby in the womb, but why would you have a picture of that................................................................... Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!' So I can't wait to see what she makes of him tonight.

Ah iguana the video is amazijg isn't it, we watched ours last night with Rachel in my arms was amazing will never get sick of it :-) your nana will love it :-)

Boo. My nana went to the beach for the day with my uncle so she won't be seeing the scan tonight. But on the plus side my husband got his parents on skype and they opened the video link while we watched. My mother-in-law really loved it too. I wasn't sure she'd be as interested as she has twin grandchildren who are just coming up for 4 months old, so a scan isn't as interesting as two real live babies but she was really delighted by it. She kept saying how big and cute he was and telling him she couldn't wait to meet him. :D

Betsie, I wasn't sure if we'd bother with the scan when I'll have him in my arms in the next 6-10 weeks but then I realised that in a few years time I bet he'll love to see it himself. And I'll get to embarrass him with it in front of future partners when he's older.

Aw but your nana will see it soon and she will be over the moon, glad your in laws liked it too, when we got ours done all my in laws said was well that was a waste of money :-( it really upset me, I thought they would of been over the moon as its the 1st grand child on that side but sure,

I didn't think we would look at the scan video either but last night I just couldn't resist it :-)

Betsie_xr3i people can be really hurtful when it comes to stuff like that and its hard not to get upset. I find that im not as strong with people these days, in that situation i would want to say "Mind your own buisness, did we ask you to pay for it with your money?" But id end up tearing up when i got home instead.

On our first, i remember being asked oh what names do you have and me and the OH said we have no girl names yet but we love ***** for a boy. The reply was "Oooooh, that sounds like something you would call a mouse". I was so upset as that was the only name we had. This time people have asked us our names and we have just said "Ah nothing yet, wait and see what it looks like"

I hate it when people say "Oh i dont like that name now..." Well dont call YOUR child that name then i Like it. Least when the baby arrives and you name it nobody ever says to your face "Oh thats not a nice name" Rant over... Ha dont know where that rant even came from. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

my belly was really uncomfortable and itchy on friday and saturday which had me kinda worried. I then woke up on sunday with a HUGE belly! I had to buy clothes cos nothing would fit! 16 weeks today :-)

Advertisement