Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

KillerKity wrote: »
    my belly was really uncomfortable and itchy on friday and saturday which had me kinda worried. I then woke up on sunday with a HUGE belly! I had to buy clothes cos nothing would fit! 16 weeks today :-)

Have read about the itchy belly alright, its mad!!! Is this your first? From what Im reading alot of people don't seem to show on their first until maybe after 18-20 weeks. Im only 14.5 and this weekend my tummy definitely firmed and shaped a bit. Am delighted, its so reassuring to see it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Aw but your nana will see it soon and she will be over the moon, glad your in laws liked it too, when we got ours done all my in laws said was well that was a waste of money :-( it really upset me, I thought they would of been over the moon as its the 1st grand child on that side but sure,

I didn't think we would look at the scan video either but last night I just couldn't resist it :-)
    I loved my scans and videos. Some family members said it was gross!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

yellow hen wrote: »
    KillerKity wrote: »
    my belly was really uncomfortable and itchy on friday and saturday which had me kinda worried. I then woke up on sunday with a HUGE belly! I had to buy clothes cos nothing would fit! 16 weeks today :-)

Have read about the itchy belly alright, its mad!!! Is this your first? From what Im reading alot of people don't seem to show on their first until maybe after 18-20 weeks. Im only 14.5 and this weekend my tummy definitely firmed and shaped a bit. Am delighted, its so reassuring to see it!

It's kinda my first, had an early mc last year. I used to be a size 6 with a washboard flat stomach! My friend didn't show much until she was 20 weeks with her first but I'm like a whale! I have to say, I absolutely love my changing shape. it really is so reassuring knowing babs is growing. Plus my boobs have fine up 2 cup sizes :-)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Congratulations Iguana.. What a beautiful boy :D such a clear pic of him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Had a GP Antenatal this morning and got to hear baby's heartbeat :) even got a good recording to send to my OH! Although my little man kicked up a fuss when the Doc was checking with the Doppler, cheeky monkey! I asked if the baby feels big as N was huge and his answer was "it's a fine sized baby, but sure we'll see how it goes" in other words yes it is... Best starting getting prepared for another section!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Checking in!! How is everyone?

Zoe is 8weeks tomorrow-still cant believe we made such a gorgeously angelic child!! mammy goggles!!

Checking in!! How is everyone?

Zoe is 8weeks tomorrow-still cant believe we made such a gorgeously angelic child!! mammy goggles!!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Is the time just flying by javagal?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Wow java 8 weeks how time flies :-) my Rachel is 3week today I can't believe it :-)

It's crazy how quick it goes Java & Betsie :) I still look at my little man & wonder where the last 8.5 months went! Where's my newborn gone lol! Glad you're all getting on so well :)

Is anyone else having the problems we are with names?! We have 2 girls names picked & love them but no boys names.. It's driving me mad that I don't like anything :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

We were the same we couldn't decide on a boys name that we both liked, its a big decision x

We were the same we couldn't decide on a boys name that we both liked, its a big decision x

Oh I know! We only decided on our little mans name 2 weeks before we had him! My OH picked that name & spent weeks convincing me to like it lol.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

We really struggled with picking a boys name too. We had two girls names that we really liked but no boys names were clicking. We now have one and that's it, I don't think there is a single other boys name in the world that will work for us. Any babies we have in the future better be girls as whether they are or not all we have are girls names to give them.

He also has a pretend name as just before we left Ireland we had dinner with his family where we got the impression they think we are going to give him a completely off the wall name. So when he's born and we show him to them for the first time we are going to tell them his name is Spike. :)

Finally got to show my nana the dvd of the scan. It was really funny. I think it was her first time on Skype so it took her a minute or two to get used to that. She was amazed that I could see her as well as she could see me. Then when my mum brought up the video of the baby she thought it was a video of me because she said it looked like me. My mum and I agreed that maybe the person she was looking at looked half like me but maybe half like my husband too. When she realised she was seeing the baby it was great. She was astonished that you could see such a great picture of the baby before it was born. She said it was like magic. :D

iguana wrote: »
    Finally got to show my nana the dvd of the scan. It was really funny. I think it was her first time on Skype so it took her a minute or two to get used to that. She was amazed that I could see her as well as she could see me. Then when my mum brought up the video of the baby she thought it was a video of me because she said it looked like me. My mum and I agreed that maybe the person she was looking at looked half like me but maybe half like my husband too. When she realised she was seeing the baby it was great. She was astonished that you could see such a great picture of the baby before it was born. She said it was like magic. :D

Ah, that's so sweet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Tigeress wrote: »

Is anyone else having the problems we are with names?! We have 2 girls names picked & love them but no boys names.. It's driving me mad that I don't like anything :o

Yup, we've one girls name that we both love and a middle name for a boy bu no first name, No matter what we come up with one or the other of us doesn't like it for some reason. It's frustrating as hell.

Is the time just flying by javagal?!
    Flying crazy fast!had tears when she moved to number 2 nappy lol!!

Have a video of her laughing now that I can't stop watching!tigeress, you've prob seen it on facebook!!
    She's sleeping 10pm to 8am now nearly every day, blessed with her we are!!

The name picking is so hard Thumby! I actually find it stressful lol!

Java that's so brill that Z is doing so well :) she's a little dote! Her giggle video was sooo cute hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

When i was pregnant with the girls i could never think of a boys name.. when i was pregnant with the boys i could never think of girls names... didn't know for sure what i was having til they were born . . . maybe it's instinct :D

cbyrd wrote: »
    When i was pregnant with the girls i could never think of a boys name.. when i was pregnant with the boys i could never think of girls names... didn't know for sure what i was having til they were born . . . maybe it's instinct :D

Lol thats what people keep saying to me :) maybe it's a sign, could well be lol but I didn't settle on my little boys name until 2 weeks before he was born & it took a whole lot of convincing from my OH :o I love it bow though :)

Only a week until our next scan :) hope this little one co-operates & we can know what we're having!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Tigeress wrote: »
    Only a week until our next scan :) hope this little one co-operates & we can know what we're having!

Im laughing to myself remembering ur last pregnancy!!!! Your babies are very secretive and clearly like surprises!! Hope this little pet gives you a full show!!!
    We def gonna find out ( if we can!!) what this little one is! Have private scan next tue to see how fat along I am etc - just praying all is well in there..... Once bitten twice shy and all that - I'm trying to be positive , I've zero reason to think anythings wrong ( only history!) and nausea and a fat belly to reassure me all is well!!!

dublinlady wrote: »
    Have private scan next tue to see how fat along I am etc -QUOTE]

Ha, typo made me laugh....;)

If Im not laughing, Im crying these days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Me Too, i feel like a nutter. Damn hormones!!

Princessa wrote: »
    Me Too, i feel like a nutter. Damn hormones!!

OH has always suspected Im a bit nuts so Im not disappointing him now! Between that and the onset of sciatica, I'm a demon to live with!!!

You poor thing. I injured my pelvis at 17 weeks and i have been on crutches ever since, cant drive, mobility is extremely restricted, no heavy lifting etc etc. Some days im in good form, other days in just in tears as i am just fed up and want to run around and go swimming and not be sore and achey so i know how you feel.

I actually feel sorry for the OH sometimes. Its hard to understand for him as hes able to just jump in the car without thinking and pop here and pop there and for me its an ordeal with the crutches and support belt and the fact i walk like a snail ha ha. Oh well be all worth it when i get to hold my little bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

dublinlady wrote: »
    Have private scan next tue to see how fat along I am etc -QUOTE]

Ha, typo made me laugh....;)

Hahaha!!!! I'm just gonna say that from now on :)

You poor thing. I injured my pelvis at 17 weeks and i have been on crutches ever since, cant drive, mobility is extremely restricted, no heavy lifting etc etc. Some days im in good form, other days in just in tears as i am just fed up and want to run around and go swimming and not be sore and achey so i know how you feel.

I actually feel sorry for the OH sometimes. Its hard to understand for him as hes able to just jump in the car without thinking and pop here and pop there and for me its an ordeal with the crutches and support belt and the fact i walk like a snail ha ha. Oh well be all worth it when i get to hold my little bundle.

Oh lord that really is a hardship....poor you! Talk about horrible timing to hurt your pelvis. Will it cause you any problems when it comes to labour?

The pregnancy kind of added to the injury, apparently you get a big surge of relaxin between 14-20weeks gestation that loosens all the muscles and what not. At 17weeks i went and tried to pick up my daughter in the middle of a terrible two tantrum (not adhering to correct manual handling techniques :rolleyes:) just misaligned the pelvis then - simples. So im in and out to physio and just taking things really easy for the rest of the pregnancy.

They havent really spoke to me about labour yet i assume that will be closer to my due date as i am only 25weeks now, i have looked it up and alot of women that suffer from pelvic girdle pain which physio are treating me for now have normal natural deliveries once the pelvis is alligned before the delivery.

Im a bit nervous as i had the epidural on my first as i was induced as my labour was just too slow and it just didnt agree with me at all, had really low blood pressure, fainted for ages, was freezing cold, vomiting all that wonderful stuff. So i did not want the epidural this time but at the mo its so sore to open my legs, add labour to that i think id be in agony. But sure we will see what happens, atm my placenta is down too low, so im being rescanned at 34weeks to see where it is then, i think il go talk to the consultant then anyways even if the placenta is up to see what he thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Princessa, if you are able to have a normal delivery talk to them about labouring and birthing on your side. I had a similarly awful experience first pregnancy, my back was destroyed, had to have stitches, lost all power in my legs and was quite ill. Second baby will almost always be easier, but for this little man I lay on my side, he pretty much swam out! Also, make sure they know you want to be able to move about during labour, and hopefully they'll give a lower dose of epidural so you can still make sure that you're comfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NBO

I know how you feel, I'm on crutches since 12 weeks as I have a broken leg and torn ligaments, am now 20+3 and I agree its the lack of independence that's more frustrating than the lack of painkillers. I'm finding it very hard depending on people to drive me places, carry things for me, go shopping for me etc. Will you be on crutches for the duration of your pregnancy?

Advertisement