Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Had my first visit with the NHS consultant this morning and it went well. The baby's head isn't engaged yet, so they don't think I'm at any risk of premature labour as I'm 34 weeks so 3 away from term. She gave me an appointment for the day after my due date and when I joked that hopefully I wouldn't need it, she looked a bit sceptical, so I got the impression she expects me to go over.

I have my first antenatal class on Tuesday so they will go through the 4 birth place options I can choose from during that and then I'll meet my midwife to write my birth plan with her. The good news is the consultant has classified me as low risk, so as long as no complications arise I'm free to go to the birth centre I have my heart set on. Below is the information video about the centre if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Iguana I can't believe you are 34weeks I think your pregnancy has flown by,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

dublinlady wrote: »
    Tigeress wrote: »
    Only a week until our next scan :) hope this little one co-operates & we can know what we're having!

Im laughing to myself remembering ur last pregnancy!!!! Your babies are very secretive and clearly like surprises!! Hope this little pet gives you a full show!!!
    We def gonna find out ( if we can!!) what this little one is! Have private scan next tue to see how fat along I am etc - just praying all is well in there..... Once bitten twice shy and all that - I'm trying to be positive , I've zero reason to think anythings wrong ( only history!) and nausea and a fat belly to reassure me all is well!!!

Lol thanks DL :p it seems to a pattern alright! I told my OH I'm not waiting until 35 weeks to find out again lol we're gonna get a 3D scan done if he/she doesn't co-operate next week!

Best of luck at your scan! We have simular experiences in the past & I hope this little bean is good and stuck for ya :) looking forward to seeing your happy face post next Tues hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

NBO wrote: »
    I know how you feel, I'm on crutches since 12 weeks as I have a broken leg and torn ligaments, am now 20+3 and I agree its the lack of independence that's more frustrating than the lack of painkillers. I'm finding it very hard depending on people to drive me places, carry things for me, go shopping for me etc. Will you be on crutches for the duration of your pregnancy?

I have no idea how long i will be on the crutches for. At the start they said 4 weeks, then that went to 6 weeks, then 7 weeks. Now its gone to, "Ah we will see how you get on"... :rolleyes:

I am soooooo frustrated, i just want to be able to have some sort of independence again, pop to the shop, run as many errannds as i want without feeling i am bothering somebody if i have to go to the bank and the shop and somewhere else.... So NBO i know exactly how you are feeling, its kind of nice to know somebody else knows how frustrtaing the lack of independence is more that the pain etc.

I'm a little concerned about how much pressure I'm feeling below.. I'm 24+5 & never had this on my little fella.. Anyone else experience this? I have to get bloods done today with the nurse so will ask her then.

• Advertisement

Well apparently it's normal to feel pressure like this on your 2nd pregnancy.. Nothing to worry about unless I get contractions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

Well apparently it's normal to feel pressure like this on your 2nd pregnancy.. Nothing to worry about unless I get contractions :)

Yes was just going to reply to your previous post, i have felt a lot more pressure on this pg as well. The muscles aren't working to hold the bump in place as well as they were on your 1st, it's all down hill once you've had a baby :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Iguana I can't believe you are 34weeks I think your pregnancy has flown by,

Not from my end it hasn't. It feels like at least 6 years since I got my positive.:) Though I think the second half has (so far) been quicker than the first, especially since we had to move to Wales. I'm trying to tell myself that I'll be as overdue as they'll let me be, so it's 8 weeks to baby. And I'm fully expecting that once he's here my perception of time will speed up enormously and this time next year he'll be almost walking and I'll be on the newborn thread lamenting how fast it all goes by.;)

oh go away, i found my own pregnancy from about 16 weeks till 32 weeks flew and then from 32 weeks on dragged and it didnt help by going 10 days over :)

tigeress glad everything is ok :)

ariana` wrote: »

Yes was just going to reply to your previous post, i have felt a lot more pressure on this pg as well. The muscles aren't working to hold the bump in place as well as they were on your 1st, it's all down hill once you've had a baby :D

Lol thanks Ariana :) everything grows so much quicker second time round too! I was looking at pics of my bump this time last year with my little man and I'm way bigger! I think I might be giving birth to a toddler!

• Advertisement

I was looking at pics of my bump this time last year with my little man and I'm way bigger! I think I might be giving birth to a toddler!

Me too Tigeress, im 25+5 and i def had this size bump closer to my 29 week mark on my last pregnancy. Ha ha. I like my bump at the moment i must say, it looked like i was just getting chunky for a few weeks, now i def look like a pregnant lady, which is better :D

Princessa wrote: »
    I was looking at pics of my bump this time last year with my little man and I'm way bigger! I think I might be giving birth to a toddler!

Me too Tigeress, im 25+5 and i def had this size bump closer to my 29 week mark on my last pregnancy. Ha ha. I like my bump at the moment i must say, it looked like i was just getting chunky for a few weeks, now i def look like a pregnant lady, which is better :D

Lol I know what ya mean! people have starte asking me when I'm due so I'm pretty happy with that cause it means I don't just look like I ate a big dinner haha

2 nights of being very unsettled & sore & my bump has explodes out! I'm 25 weeks now & I'm as big as I was on my son at over 7 months :o scan in Wed! The kicks this time round are much stronger already.. My plan is to talk to the Doc & try find out if it'll be a section cause im fed up waiting to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

2 nights of being very unsettled & sore & my bump has explodes out! I'm 25 weeks now & I'm as big as I was on my son at over 7 months :o scan in Wed! The kicks this time round are much stronger already.. My plan is to talk to the Doc & try find out if it'll be a section cause im fed up waiting to know!
    `
    Will they tell you that already Tigeress? Were you a section last time around?

Im only 16.5 weeks and I feel like crap. Not sleeping great and have really bad headaches on and off. Going tothe chemist this mroning to ask them what I can take for them. I went to bed with one last night and woke up again with it this morning so they will not go on their own. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Yellow hen you can take paracetamol through pregnancy. I had to take them a couple of times when I was pregnant with headaches. Makes sure you're getting enough water too, that can bring them on a lot I found x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

yellow hen wrote: »
    `
    Will they tell you that already Tigeress? Were you a section last time around?

Im only 16.5 weeks and I feel like crap. Not sleeping great and have really bad headaches on and off. Going tothe chemist this mroning to ask them what I can take for them. I went to bed with one last night and woke up again with it this morning so they will not go on their own. :(

you can take paracetemol....it does no harm whatsoever to baby. My doctor said it was better to take something if you are feeling unwell like paracetemol than to have the stress on your body of being in pain as i was rather reluctant to take any pain meds. It makes sense to me thinking about it in hindsight! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Thanks girls, will go to the chemist later so!

Yellow paracetemol is fine during pregnancy :)
    I had a section on my son he was a whopping 9lb 11oz :o I'm hoping they'll tell me but sure I'll just have to see!

DL best of luck with your scan tomorrow x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Yellow paracetemol is fine during pregnancy :)
    I had a section on my son he was a whopping 9lb 11oz :o I'm hoping they'll tell me but sure I'll just have to see!

DL best of luck with your scan tomorrow x

U are so good for remembering!! :) I can't keep track if myself never mind anyone else!! Can't believe it's tom now.. Just hope this little one has managed to stick on good and proper...the relief will be tremendous if all is well :)

Hope u do find out about section, it's nice to know in ur head what the plan is! When I found out at 37 weeks last time it totally threw me... Think I'd have been better off just knowing from the start!! It's not even bad - its just so u know really isn't it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Good luck tomorrow DL!!

• Advertisement

Best of luck today DL

Thanks ladies! Due 2nd may!!
    8 weeks 5 days!!! Yippeeeee!!!!!
    Great relief! Strong heartbeat - 182, I'm so happy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Congrats DL, such a big relief I'm sure :):)

Yey :D told ya it'd be grand :D delighted for ya hun! Are ya gonna tell anyone?

Yey :D told ya it'd be grand :D delighted for ya hun! Are ya gonna tell anyone?

Mite tell my mum and dad this weekend as I'm seein them - feeling really secretive about it this time!!! Wasn't at all like this last time! Think I'm just too tired to deal with the excitment at the mo so will try put it off for another few weeks I think - if my fat belly will allow it!!
    Hope u all feeling well on here!

Digs wrote: »
    Congrats DL, such a big relief I'm sure :):)

Congrats DL!

massive congratulations DL thats brilliant news, you must be over the moon x x

Congratulations dublinlady. A lovely summer baby. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Congrats DL Delighted for ya :-D

• Advertisement

Had another scan today & baby is measuring big already :o he/she wouldn't co operate so we couldn't find out the sex.. Gonna get a 3D scan done :) any suggestions as to where?

Advertisement