Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Tigeress wrote: »
    Had another scan today & baby is measuring big already :o he/she wouldn't co operate so we couldn't find out the sex.. Gonna get a 3D scan done :) any suggestions as to where?
    How many weeks are you tigeress? From about 30 weeks on in my pregnancy they basically told me my baby was huge! Even the day before he was born the doctor said it was a very big baby. they had me terrified! I was half expecting him to come out ready for school the way they were going on:) He was only 7lb 5oz when he was born, a tiny littLe thing! I really don't think they should comment on the size like that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

where abouts are you Tigeress?

glad your scan went well though :) i love my 3d scan best money i ever spent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

where abouts are you Tigeress?

glad your scan went well though :) i love my 3d scan best money i ever spent

I'm in Laois Betsie :) booked a place in Swords for Sun 7th! Can't wait!

GeeGee my last baby was 4.4kg so I'm expecting another big baby anyways but that happened my friend too, thought she was gonna have a massive baby but it was normal sized :) you just never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

aw thats brilliant tigeress, you will love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Had another scan today & baby is measuring big already :o he/she wouldn't co operate so we couldn't find out the sex.. Gonna get a 3D scan done :) any suggestions as to where?

I went to the one in rathgar at 32 weeks last time! Loved it, think the one in swords is the same company! Loads if pics etc!
    Can't believe you have another hider...!!! Hehe!!! It's great to get the 3d done either way tho I think! Adorable!
    Do u have any inkling if boy or girl?

• Advertisement

dublinlady wrote: »

I went to the one in rathgar at 32 weeks last time! Loved it, think the one in swords is the same company! Loads if pics etc!
    Can't believe you have another hider...!!! Hehe!!! It's great to get the 3d done either way tho I think! Adorable!

Sounds like the same place DL as they offered me Rathgar too! I'm really looking forward to it! Yeah I can't believe I have another hider too! I'm kinda leaning towards a girl :) but I don't mind either :) how are you getting on?

Sounds like the same place DL as they offered me Rathgar too! I'm really looking forward to it! Yeah I can't believe I have another hider too! I'm kinda leaning towards a girl :) but I don't mind either :) how are you getting on?

I bet ur right! :)
    Would be so nice to have a little sis for N!
    Getting on good - altho shockingly my belly popped today... Grand yesterday - pregnant looking today ! Girl at work figured it out - only for I get on so well with her I'd have lied but shes keepIng it under wraps - mind u she says I'm not....! Must dress better! Cannot believe I'm showing at 9 weeks! Last time was 15! Huge increase in nausea and tiredness today too... It's like I saw the scan and my whole body said - ok - def pregnant - lets do this!!
    Early night tonight now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I bet ur right! :) Would be so nice to have a little sis for N!
    Getting on good - altho shockingly my belly popped today... Grand yesterday - pregnant looking today ! Girl at work figured it out - only for I get on so well with her I'd have lied but shes keepIng it under wraps - mind u she says I'm not....! Must dress better! Cannot believe I'm showing at 9 weeks! Last time was 15! Huge increase in nausea and tiredness today too... It's like I saw the scan and my whole body said - ok - def pregnant - lets do this!!
    Early night tonight now!!

Wow can't believe youre showing at 9 weeks. I'm 17 weeks this week (on first) and although I can see the bump coming, you wouldn't notice when I'm dressed. I'm desperate for it to appear! :(

It was like that first time round for me yellow hen - think this time it's just because Ive just finished a pregnancy 7 months ago - think the muscles are more used to bump shape than flat shape!!! This time I'd rather it stayed hidden til 16 weeks like b4. I don't have the urge to tell ppl like I did last time - I think it's cos I feel crappier than last time!
    Dont worry - you soon won't be able reach your toes or get ur own shoes on....or get up off the couch even!!! Enjoy every sec - ESP before you start waddling ;)

It was like that first time round for me yellow hen - think this time it's just because Ive just finished a pregnancy 7 months ago - think the muscles are more used to bump shape than flat shape!!! This time I'd rather it stayed hidden til 16 weeks like b4. I don't have the urge to tell ppl like I did last time - I think it's cos I feel crappier than last time!
    Dont worry - you soon won't be able reach your toes or get ur own shoes on....or get up off the couch even!!! Enjoy every sec - ESP before you start waddling ;)

I'm dying to waddle!!! :p

Remind me in a few months I said that.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

yellow hen wrote: »

I'm dying to waddle!!! :p

Remind me in a few months I said that.......
    Lol i was the same way. I'm getting pretty waddley now and I need help getting up and down from bed or sofa or it takes tons of effort from me! It will happen quick enough :)

Lol Yellow :) everyone wishes the bump on then when ya get huge you just want to be back to the early stages of no bump again hehe
    Wow 17 weeks already!

Rachineire how far are you? I'm just coming on 26 weeks and I'm trying so hard not to waddle! It's too early lol!

I'm 29 weeks going on 30 but the waddle has really set in this week! I went through another growth spurt and went from being biggish to massiveish lol!! I'm sure the waddle doesnt look that bad but I feel like a penguin walking around! only to get more waddley in the coming up weeks :p

Wondering how much bigger this bump is going to get.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Lady's can I ask, do any of you still get like period type pain, not cramps but the signs ya might get when your due your period? i know i was getting it early on and was reassured it was normal, but I haven't had it in weeks and got it yesterday and it freaked me out a bit, is this normal? Im 15 weeks now and although i seen the little one very hyper two weeks ago, I am a bit freaked and I suppose the bad dream i had last night doesn't help either!

elly123 wrote: »
    Lady's can I ask, do any of you still get like period type pain, not cramps but the signs ya might get when your due your period? i know i was getting it early on and was reassured it was normal, but I haven't had it in weeks and got it yesterday and it freaked me out a bit, is this normal? Im 15 weeks now and although i seen the little one very hyper two weeks ago, I am a bit freaked and I suppose the bad dream i had last night doesn't help either!

are you talking about bloating and pressure? I found i had a lot of pms-y type symptoms throughout. I still get cramps down there from time to time as well. Its all the stretching and moving thats going on down there! I was getting panicky a lot at first as well, especially before baby moved regularly but then i decided that there was no point wasting my energy worrying. By the time I got to around the 15-16 week mark I figured if something was going to happen to the baby I was definately going to know- big painful cramps, bleeding ect. It helped me not worry as much about the small discomforts wondering what they could be. I hope this helps you out some!

Rachineire wrote: »
    are you talking about bloating and pressure? I found i had a lot of pms-y type symptoms throughout. I still get cramps down there from time to time as well. Its all the stretching and moving thats going on down there! I was getting panicky a lot at first as well, especially before baby moved regularly but then i decided that there was no point wasting my energy worrying. By the time I got to around the 15-16 week mark I figured if something was going to happen to the baby I was definately going to know- big painful cramps, bleeding ect. It helped me not worry as much about the small discomforts wondering what they could be. I hope this helps you out some!

Thanks Rachineire, im talking about the pain that you get when you feel your about to bleed, its not the cramps and not the pressure just a sign i generally get about 2 days before period is due, hard to describe, but like you said at this stage if anything was wrong i would know about it! I'll put it down to the stretching :) thanks again for your repy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

elly123 wrote: »
    Thanks Rachineire, im talking about the pain that you get when you feel your about to bleed, its not the cramps and not the pressure just a sign i generally get about 2 days before period is due, hard to describe, but like you said at this stage if anything was wrong i would know about it! I'll put it down to the stretching :) thanks again for your repy.
    I got that sort of pain on and off, it was the ligaments stretching.

BUT don't forget if you're ever worried, go to your gp, they have dopplers and can do a quick check to see if baby is ok!

I got that sort of pain on and off, it was the ligaments stretching.

BUT don't forget if you're ever worried, go to your gp, they have dopplers and can do a quick check to see if baby is ok!

Thanks IvyTheTerrible, Im not due back to GP for another four weeks but if im worried I'll be definitely making an appointment sooner. I think it was more the bad dream i had that was freaking me out more.

Elly I've had those sound too and everything was fine, just my ligaments and body stretching.

Girls have any if you had sciatica? I'm only 17 weeks but my lower back on and off is very sensitive to movement and painful when I move the wrong way. I'm on hold now for a week which involves slot of walking :( any recommendations on how to ease the pain??

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

I dont have sciatica but i have SPD since 17 weeks and i find heat effective i must say. You should also look into getting yourself a support belt. Theres ones for lower back ache, ones for pelvic ache, you name it. The support might help you a bit. Rest whenever you can too, feet up rest. Not just grabbing a quick sit down on the chair for five mins. ;)

• Advertisement

The last few nights have been awful :( baby is putting alot of pressure below on me & I can't get comfy...

Know how you feel Tigeress, i was wondering how long more id get away without back ache. Its bloody killing me already, and i know baby has lots more growing to do in there...

Princessa wrote: »
    Know how you feel Tigeress, i was wondering how long more id get away without back ache. Its bloody killing me already, and i know baby has lots more growing to do in there...

What are we like Princessa?! We'll be fully broken by the time these little ones arrive! Have they spoken too you yet about the section or are they hoping you'll be able to go natural? How's the SPD?

No my appointment is not until Oct 16th. I will only be 29weeks but i am going to bring it up. Id really like to go natural at the moment but id like to be induced a bit early maybe around the 37/38 week mark so baby isnt too big coming down. Plus my bump is neat at the mo i am being told so i dont know how i will feel when baby is 6, 7, 8 lbs - i could be begging for the section with the pressure that might cause.

At the mo i am not too bad. The mixture of physio excercises, rest, pottering around and just altering how you do thing not to aggrivate the SPD i am managing a bit more than i was a few weeks ago, so hopefully now :D.

How are you keeping yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

32wks and 6days! Feeling really fed up. Wish the next few weeks would go by fast! I bet I go overdue!! I'm finding it hard to walk and feel like there is so much I need or want to do but can't!

Has anyone packed for the hospital yet? I have most of the stuff but just haven't arrange the bags yet! I'm thinking of bringing a small suitcase for my hospital bag and just a small labour bag.

I can't wait until tomorrow because it's the first of Oct, doesn't seem that far away until November then :)

No my appointment is not until Oct 16th. I will only be 29weeks but i am going to bring it up. Id really like to go natural at the moment but id like to be induced a bit early maybe around the 37/38 week mark so baby isnt too big coming down. Plus my bump is neat at the mo i am being told so i dont know how i will feel when baby is 6, 7, 8 lbs - i could be begging for the section with the pressure that might cause.

At the mo i am not too bad. The mixture of physio excercises, rest, pottering around and just altering how you do thing not to aggrivate the SPD i am managing a bit more than i was a few weeks ago, so hopefully now :D.

How are you keeping yourself?

That's great that you're managing so well! I really hope they can induce you early, what hospital are you with? They can be such a pain in the hospitals with telling you things, at least I've found that! I keep asking about going in early so baby has a chance of going natural or when I'll find out if it'll be another section but all they say is wait and see Grrr! I bet they'll leave it till the day I'm due an then say it's a section today, that's pretty much what they did last time!
    I'm doing good thanks :) feeling alot of pressure & my lower back is starting to hurt, especially after a day working! I'm really tired but sure that's the joys isn't it :) I'm very excited for our 3D scan next Sun though!

Sleepy Tree hope the weeks fly by for ya now! I know it seems forever away at the mo but your baby will e here before ya know it taking up all your time & forgetting what sleep once was :p yey for October starting! Another month down :)

yey for October starting! Another month down :)

I was thinking the same too, cant believe tomorrow is the start of Oct, my due date is the start of Jan, ah where are the months going?

Uh back aches yock. Do you find a hot water bottle or heat pack any good? Or sitting on the birthing balls is suppose to be great for posture which contributes to the back aches as your centre of gravity changes to compensate for the bump, our backs take the strain...

yey for October starting! Another month down :)

I was thinking the same too, cant believe tomorrow is the start of Oct, my due date is the start of Jan, ah where are the months going?

Uh back aches yock. Do you find a hot water bottle or heat pack any good? Or sitting on the birthing balls is suppose to be great for posture which contributes to the back aches as your centre of gravity changes to compensate for the bump, our backs take the strain...

I know! It's crazy to think I've less than 14weeks left!
    I can't handle the hot water bottle :( I'm So insanely warm all the time that the extra heat is killing me! I always feel like I'm gonna fall off those balls lol!

Can't believe we're in our 3rd trimester!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

I was here before a few years ago. I have a quick question for you if you don't mind. Is a line a line..... as in a positive? Does a chemical pregnancy give a line? When would we know for sure? DD is 18 months and i forget all the answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

A line is indeed a line May. Hell i dismissed my first positive as it was reversed, the result window turned pink with a big fat white line instead of a pink line in a white background. I wouldn't worry about it being a chemical pregnancy unless you're having a period like bleed after you've gotten a positive. Which test did you use? Can you upload a pic if you're not sure it's a line? The only time it wouldn't be is if it's an evap line which may show up after the recommended reading result time where there was previously none.

Advertisement