Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Tigeress I hope it's all ok. I remember women in my antenatal class who were on their 2nd or more pregnancy saying the Braxton hicks started very early and were quite strong. Fingers crossed that's what you have.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Hope it turns out to be normal pains Tigress.
    Fingerscrossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Hope you get seen to soon Tigeress, the waiting and wondering is sometimes worse then the pain. Take care x

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Hope all ok tigeress, how many weeks are u now?? Hope u get seen quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

hope you are ok tigeress, im thinking of you x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Thanks so much ladies.. I'm just home now. It's braxton hicks & because I only had a section 9.5months ago the scar tissue is still very tender and the streching is causing inflammation and aching :( I'm very sore and paracetemol doesn't help so it's just rest.. Gonna have an early night now & hopefully feel better tomorrow, although I have my GDT at 8:30am.. Thanks so much for the lovely messages x

I'm 28 weeks now forgot to add that in the last post :)

Delighted to know your baby is ok tigeress. Can you apply a heat pack or a medium hot water bottle for the pain?

Take it easy.......Or as easy as you can take it with another baby!

yellow hen wrote: »
    Delighted to know your baby is ok tigeress. Can you apply a heat pack or a medium hot water bottle for the pain?

Take it easy.......Or as easy as you can take it with another baby!

Thanks Yellow :) a hot water bottle wouldn't really help with the pains.. Plus I'm at the stage where I'm always too warm now with this little man being an inside hot water bottle lol! My OH is taking tomorrow off work so he can help me with N :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Tigeress wrote: »

Thanks Yellow :) a hot water bottle wouldn't really help with the pains.. Plus I'm at the stage where I'm always too warm now with this little man being an inside hot water bottle lol! My OH is taking tomorrow off work so he can help me with N :)

U poor thing :( hope that's not what's ahead of me! Have the fear now!! Try rest as much as you can and let ur OH do EVERYTHING tom! Much needed tlc for u!
    Thank god little baba is ok - at least that's some comfort. Drugs would be better tho... ;)

• Advertisement

Tigeress I'm glad to hear its nothing serious although I'm sure the Braxton hicks are sore.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tigeress- take it easy.
    Recovery from a section is not easy neither is looking after a small baby.
    I find warm baths help me with the pain but I have never had a c section.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Tigeress- take it easy.
    Recovery from a section is not easy neither is looking after a small baby.
    I find warm baths help me with the pain but I have never had a c section.

Thanks ladies! I had to go into the hosp this morning for my GDT test which left menkinda weak then I got a call from the Creche to say that N was vomiting everywhere so my OH collected me and we had to go straight through the Creche to collect him & then all he wanted was Mammy :( so I've finally gotten him for a nap & having a relax now.. It's always the way isn't it, you need a break and everything happens at once! Plus I'm in work at 3pm..
    Moonbeam I'd love a bath but I find it too hard to get back out of it :o the cramps have eased off thankfully, still niggling away but a lot less intense!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Whats the deal with this GD test? I havent been offered it at all. A girl im friends with, were the same age, both second pregnancies, im due three weeks before her and shes been called in for her GD test on 01/11. My sister had it to when she was pregnant on my niece a few weeks ago... Nothing was mentioned to me yesterday at my apt. My friend said all her urine has been clear too. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I think certain hospitals have different policies concerning the gd testing. I had to have it because there is a family history of diabetes in my family.

Princessa wrote: »
    Whats the deal with this GD test? I havent been offered it at all. A girl im friends with, were the same age, both second pregnancies, im due three weeks before her and shes been called in for her GD test on 01/11. My sister had it to when she was pregnant on my niece a few weeks ago... Nothing was mentioned to me yesterday at my apt. My friend said all her urine has been clear too. Strange.

I have to have it at 26 weeks. My dad has type II diabetes so all my sisters had to have it too. I think the other reason is if your previous babies were over a certain weight. Someone in work was telling me that the GTT test was becoming standard practice in all maternity hospitals but that's definitely not the case in the Coombe.

Thanks for the replies ladies, our little girls were the exact same weight at 10 days overdue but it could be hereditary related, could be anything. Just wondering.

My sister thinks she was offered it as she was overweight for her height when she became pregnant even though her weight gain for the pregnancy was low.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Yes the glucose test isn't for everyone yet. It's based on family history and your own weight when you fall pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Nicky987 wrote: »
    Yes the glucose test isn't for everyone yet. It's based on family history and your own weight when you fall pregnant.

Aha thanks, I was wondering about this myself.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Princessa wrote: »

3rd pregnancy never been called for one.
    Holles St

2 months to maternity leave \o/
    So tired:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

As well as family medical history it also goes on your BMI.

I'm with Portlaoise hospital and they get everyone to take it as far as I know.. In my case my grandad had diabeties & my last baby was nearly 10lb so I had to have it done..

Aiming for the 12 this time?;)

So easy to joke about it now lol

The little boy I mind was 11lb 4!!!

my girls were 7lb4 and 7lb8 ,I was told both were big early on hahahahaha I dread the size of a boy if I have one:)

Are boys usually bigger than girls or something on average?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The little boy I mind was 11lb 4!!!

:eek: Don't be going about scaring the people who are due in 2 weeks! I don't want to know that babies that big are even possible.;)

I have a feeling my baby is a giant. He just feels huge when I run my hands down his back. It doesn't help that the last two people I know to give birth both had tiny twins so I'm used to <5lb newborns.

I'm also starting to suspect that he'll won't keep me waiting too long past my due date. It may just be wishful thinking but my bump dropped significantly on Sunday night and is now really low down. I'm getting occasional contractions though there is no pattern to them yet. And with that said I'll probably be on here in 4 weeks, wailing that he just won't get out.:cool:

Mine were both early, he was 2 weeks late:-)

Ah he will come when he is ready but it really could be any day now \0/
    They all feel like giants when they kick you.
    My 1 year old keeps ramming the soother in to my bump for baba bump,my 3 year old keeps poking it and they both keep head butting it, the fun has started:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Hi ladies :)

Granny to be here with a quick question.

My daughter bought a travel system (2nd hand) with a carry cot. Now, theres an insert type thingy (very thin) in it but no mattress. Another new mammy told her today that a mattress is optional but we cant find one anywhere. She said she just used a little folded blanket under baba when taking him for a walk.

Is this right?

I cant imagine a new baba lying on just this insert with a blanket..it seems very hard!!

Iguana my son was 7lb 4 so a nice manageable size. For the last 15 weeks of the pregnancy the nurse in my gp's clinic kept telling me to watch my weight and that the baby was measuring very big. I was sent for a dating scan at 38 weeks, he measured 6lb 9 and they said babies put on 0.5lb per week at that stage. He was born 7 days later with 0.5lb gain.

So don't worry about size etc. I had a huge bump but still only put on about 18lbs. And don't listen to anyone who tried to guess the babys size from looking at you.

Chucken wrote: »

My daughter bought a travel system (2nd hand) with a carry cot. Now, theres an insert type thingy (very thin) in it but no mattress. Another new mammy told her today that a mattress is optional but we cant find one anywhere. She said she just used a little folded blanket under baba when taking him for a walk.

Is this right?

I cant imagine a new baba lying on just this insert with a blanket..it seems very hard!!

Pop into mothercare or one of the baby stores, there may be another mattress from a different brand thats a similiar size to ye'r travel system that ye can pop in, or something from a moses basket if ye are nervous. They are all about the same size...

• Advertisement

Chucken wrote: »

Is this right?

Do you know the brand?

Advertisement