Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Bit of advice pls ladies...

Am 27 weekspregnant with my first (2yrs waiting)

Was on antibitotics few weeks back and think i havea bit of thrus... Anyway just wentnto toilet and on wiping noticed some fresh blood. Took a copy of wipes to clear it. Laid down for half hour then went back to toilet and nothing.

What should i do??

Am due in to work sat sun and mon (am a nurse) so work.long days.

Do i need to get checked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Nicky987 wrote: »
    Bit of advice pls ladies...

Am 27 weekspregnant with my first (2yrs waiting)

Was on antibitotics few weeks back and think i havea bit of thrus... Anyway just wentnto toilet and on wiping noticed some fresh blood. Took a copy of wipes to clear it. Laid down for half hour then went back to toilet and nothing.

What should i do??

Am due in to work sat sun and mon (am a nurse) so work.long days.

Do i need to get checked out?

If it was the once off and your not in pain then I'm sure everything is ok but I would still call the maternity. I personally would want the peace of mind! They might just want to check you out. Better safe than sorry I always say!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Definitely contact your hospital and tell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

god tigeress your little man is flying it isnt he :) everything going ok though yeah :)

Yeah everything is going great thanks Betsie :) I feel like I'm 8 months Preg and only turning 7 months lol! How are you and R getting on?

Nicky it's best to always call and check with your hospital but I'm sure it's fine! Unless its a lot of blood (soaked through a pad) then it's generally nothing, the thrush could have caused it! Get yourself some canasten cream to help that though :) best of luck x

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Digs wrote: »

Sorry to butt in but this bottle/sterilise and the wide ranges of them has me baffled. I have only seen advent microwave sterilisers but haven't really killed myself looking. Are most of them interchangeable as in if you buy tommie tipee bottles will they fit into a different brand steriliser?
    Not sure Digs, the sterilizer I have is Tommie as are the bottles. I don't have any other brand of bottles as he took to those fine and it was supplementary to breast feeding.

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    Not sure Digs, the sterilizer I have is Tommie as are the bottles. I don't have any other brand of bottles as he took to those fine and it was supplementary to breast feeding.

as far as i know the avent microwave sterilizer will fit several different brands of bottles, it may just not fit an entire 6. like for instance 3 dr. browns versus 4 tommee tippee or 6 avent that kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

So i called the ER today and they said should be ok but if i spot again to go and get checked. Said it was ok to continue work etc...

Is cannistan cream ok to take???

So i called the ER today and they said should be ok but if i spot again to go and get checked. Said it was ok to continue work etc...

Yeah it is but the tablets aren't so oy use the cream, if you're unsure ask the pharmacist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Tigeress wrote: »

Yeah everything is going great thanks Betsie :) I feel like I'm 8 months Preg and only turning 7 months lol! How are you and R getting on?

We are getting on great, she is 9weeks now, got her 1st injections during the week the weeks are just flying by

@Nicky im glad everything is ok just keep and eye and relax as much as you can x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Mod Note: No medical advice allowed, please consult GP/Pharmacist on what is/isn't safe to take during pregnancy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Due date Wednesday and I'm officially mentally ready to have my baby. I have been having contractions on and off all week and I feel like a small child being teased, as every time I get past my initial fear reaction and get ready for imminent birth the contractions disappear for the rest of the day. They also tend to be worse at night so I haven't slept properly in what feels like forever. And when I did sleep last night I dreamt my waters broke and when you looked at my tummy you could see the outline of my baby's face as my skin had flattened all around it.

The couple of weeks of calm have been nice but I'm back to the grumpy impatience that has defined most of my pregnancy. My midwife says the head seems fully engaged and she doesn't think I'll be much longer. I hope she's right and by 'not much longer' she means 'by the end of the week.'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Best of luck Iguana. Hopefully it won't be long until you have your bundle of joy in your arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Best of luck Iguana :) Its good to get used to the lack of sleep :D
    Hoping its not too long before you get to see your little baba and have loadsa hugs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

iguana wrote: »
    Due date Wednesday and I'm officially mentally ready to have my baby. I have been having contractions on and off all week and I feel like a small child being teased, as every time I get past my initial fear reaction and get ready for imminent birth the contractions disappear for the rest of the day. They also tend to be worse at night so I haven't slept properly in what feels like forever. And when I did sleep last night I dreamt my waters broke and when you looked at my tummy you could see the outline of my baby's face as my skin had flattened all around it.

The couple of weeks of calm have been nice but I'm back to the grumpy impatience that has defined most of my pregnancy. My midwife says the head seems fully engaged and she doesn't think I'll be much longer. I hope she's right and by 'not much longer' she means 'by the end of the week.'

OMG, the 9 months seem to have gone very fast. I hope the little one decides to come and meet you very soon and not keep you waiting. Will be thinking of you and wishing you well.

C xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Best of luck iguana!!!

Enjoy it it goes too Fast!zoe Is alreadly 15weeks, can hardly believe it!

Good luck iguana. Hopefully it'll happen soon.

Wow Iguana! Can't believe you're at your due date already :) hope your little man doesn't keep ya waiting too long! X

Officially overdue so settling in for the longest few days of my life! I wouldn't mind so much but my husband is doing very long hours (still not home - as is the norm) and I'm a bit like Rapunzel in this tall narrow house. I've very little to distract myself with, can't even have Netflix due to the crappy internet connection. It's just me and the stir crazy dogs who don't understand why I'm not taking them out more and why I won't let them jump on the giant ball I'm bouncing on.

OMG, the 9 months seem to have gone very fast. I hope the little one decides to come and meet you very soon and not keep you waiting. Will be thinking of you and wishing you well.

C xx

Thank you so much.xx

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

your pregnancy seems like the longest pregnancy ever to me , as you were that few weeks ahead when I started reading this thread :)
    The poor dogs will not know what hit them;)
    Not too long left,I have my husband on a travel ban for Dec and Jan because knowin my luck he would leave the country for a night and come back and there would be 3 kids in the house :)
    He works stupid hours too but luckily he can work from home at night and some days which helps.

ooohhh
    Girls it is Novemer \o/ \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Girls it is Novemer \o/ \o/

LOL, but that text above reminds me of my ever increasing boobies! Honsetly, will they ever stop growing??????????????????????

Iguana, I hope everything goes swimmingly for you whenever the lil un decides to make its appearance. Will be dying to hear how it all goes. x

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

hehe
    Mine never grew much during or after but wait until you have a 3 day old baby,that is when they are at their best lol

Moonbeam wrote: »
    hehe
    Mine never grew much during or after but wait until you have a 3 day old baby,that is when they are at their best lol

Jees, I'll fall over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Good luck Iguana, i really hope things get moving for ya soon hun xxxx

shush about the boobs women!!! I've grown out of yet another two bras that i only bought 2 weeks ago, i'm refusing to buy maternity ones yet as I still have another 16+ weeks to go and those things are too bloody spensive to be growing out of!!!

This time around I bought these bras. I spent a small fortune in m&s on their hideous bras the last time. These are super comfie, come in s,m,l xl sizes so no fittings required and they're for breastfeeding afterwards too do if you intend to breastfeed you'll save even more money.

http://www.onceborn.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=202&osCsid=aca0c84389deeeba7ee3e076490773ba

Oh day 3 and 4 after my son was born......they'll go to a size you never thought possible!

ok girls, educate me please...

What's the difference between a normal bra and a maternity bra? Is it just the hook for breastfeeding or is there something else?

The boon fairy never stopped over by me! I've gone up maybe half a cup...maybe! I'm perfectly ok with that though, I feel massive enough as is, don't know how much more crowded I would feel with a full chest as well! I bought some maternity bras on sale at mothercare, they are just bigger, with no underwire. I don't think they are made for breastfeeding though!

Best of luck iguana!! I'm sure you'll be holding baby in no time!

Had a consultant appointment today and they gave me a sweep. I was apparently nowhere near ready to go into labour, so she pulled my cervix out from the back to the front. Not a pleasant experience.

They also booked me in for an induction on the 12th if I don't go into labour before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

iguana wrote: »
    I was apparently nowhere near ready to go into labour, so she pulled my cervix out from the back to the front.

Oh. sweet. jesus. :eek:

My cervix has just crawled into my ribcage after reading that!

Best of luck Iguana, hope he decides to arrive for you soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

yellow hen wrote: »
    ok girls, educate me please...

What's the difference between a normal bra and a maternity bra? Is it just the hook for breastfeeding or is there something else?

I was wearing normal bras up until a few weeks ago, bought some maternity ones in M&S recently and they are sooo much more comfy. They are very like sports bras without the heavy material. There are no actual "cups" in the maternity ones either if that makes sense, so it's kind of like a crop top. And as you say the hooks are a difference too.

The lady in there said they don't recommend underwire bras in pregnancy and I can see why now, didn't realise how uncomfortable they were until I switched to the maternity ones!

Advertisement