Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Oh gosh the boob thing is frightening.I pulled out my maternity clothes a couple of weeks ago.Bear in mind I am a 10-12 with a small cup size B.My maternity bras are a size DD,and at almost 18 weeks this saturday I feel I am already creeping to a D....

Good luck iguana,the sweep sounds awful,had a similar experience with my last pregnancy,I burst into tears,it wasn't nice:(I was 7 days over due and very emotional though.Hang in there and baby will be with you real soon:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Maternity bras have no wire and breast feeding bras have the hook n the shoulders aswell.
    I just wear the same maternity and breastfeeding bras throughout, I would like them to go up maybe 1 size but anymore and I would fall over so I am pretty lucky:)

Iguana - AAGGHHHHH:(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I weirdly feel better knowing that I'm not likely to go into labour in the next few days. I was on tenterhooks for the last few days, wondering if every twinge was 'it.' Now that I know I'm not very favourable I can relax a bit and just accept it's still a bit off. I still hurt from the sweep, so I think I'll try a heat pack and a nap. I might as well get as much rest as I can while I'm waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

yellow hen wrote: »

Jees, I'll fall over!
    Just got measured for a nursing bra, 38G!! And thats before the milk comes in. Officialy 5 sizes bigger than pre pregnancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Quick question ladies, what nightdress did you wear for labour, I just got a cheap night shirt but it's not button down. Shouldn't I have a button one for skin to skin after birth?

Also hospital said you just bring in labour bag when you go into hospital first then main bag after baby is born, thats a lot of hassle isn't it??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

no just leave your main bag in the car,there is not always somewhere to leave it safely.
    I just wore what ever nightdress I had on at the time,you will need one with buttons to change in to after or pjs with a button top for breat feeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

I have an old ratty t-shirt for my labour. Granted it wasn't old and ratty 13 years ago when i had my first son but i refuse to wear anything else despite the fact the dryer mangled the back of it. I've given birth to all of my kids in so that's what i'll be wearing again. I do have button down pj's for afterwards though as i intend to breastfeed as soon as.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Quick question ladies, what nightdress did you wear for labour, I just got a cheap night shirt but it's not button down. Shouldn't I have a button one for skin to skin after birth?

Also hospital said you just bring in labour bag when you go into hospital first then main bag after baby is born, thats a lot of hassle isn't it??

For the skin to skin it doesn't have to be button down but loose :) so you and baba's head can fit through the hole with space to spare (if that makes sense?) I found Penny's great for V Neck nighties last year! An super cheap, you'll only throw them away anyways!

As for the hospital bags, I had 2 with me.. My labour bag and my bag of everything which was a small wheeled suitcase! I didn't go through labour in the end but they didn't have a problem with the 2 bags as they were neat enough :)

How do you feel today Iguana, after the sweep?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kvicka

Girls its Novemebr!!!!!!! Due on 9.11. had appointment yesterday and they said they ll give me sweep next week...i said i prefer not to and they were ok with it. I wish our baby would come naturally:) getting excited but feel its gonna take a nother while before she decides to come out, how are you all feeling???????????????????????????????????????

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Tigeress wrote: »
    How do you feel today Iguana, after the sweep?

Crampy but no sign of anything changing. I haven't even had a show yet which the doctor said would probably happen yesterday. I think I'll be at least a few more days yet, so I'm planning a really nice weekend with my husband to take advantage of what might be our last weekend as just a couple. I think we'll go to a dinner and a movie. I'll have a hot, hot curry and then my waters can break in the cinema.:D

• Advertisement

Good luck iguana, hope the weekend goes as planned for you. If i was you i'd make sure to have a spare pair of panties and bottoms along with one of the infamous green pads in either a "medium" bag or in the car just in case your waters do go. On my first mine went spontaneously in a massive gush without a sweep having been done. Thankfully i hadn't left the house when i had planned but i would have been mortified if i had of caught short lol.
    Either way enjoy your weekend and make you are pampered. :-)

Make sure* you are pampered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Hi girls, my friend is due her second baby next week and I want to get her a present. She has been v good to be me lately so I'd like to spend about €100. I was thinking of a basket of goodies but any recommendations of what I could include? Bearing in mind thar this is her second child...she already has a 5yr old child so possibly has lots of things already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Hi girls, my friend is due her second baby next week and I want to get her a present. She has been v good to be me lately so I'd like to spend about €100. I was thinking of a basket of goodies but any recommendations of what I could include? Bearing in mind thar this is her second child...she already has a 5yr old child so possibly has lots of things already.

What about a voucher for her for a full body massage?? few goodies for the baby but maybe something for her, like a nice gift set from the body shop or a lovely robe for the hospital after she has baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 littledubs

Hi girls anyone here due twins in Dec? :=)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I would have given DIAMONDS for a nice pedicure at that stage of pregnancy because try as I might my toes were totally unreachable! ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

How about a foodie hamper so she doesn't have to cook for ages? M&S ready meals, all sorts of yummy things also for her 5 year old- so he or she doesn't see baby as surplanting them- but as a lovely surprise. She is going to be so busy between both children- something that makes life easier will be well received!

Thanks everyone, I was thinking of the beauticians voucher alright. Just need to find a nice beauticians now :o

She's not a foodie person so I dont think she'd appreciate the M&S stuff....I would though!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Or a voucher for a nice hair salon?

Or a voucher for a nice hair salon?

I think she sees her hair a chore so wouldn't find it a great gift :o

Was anyone watching late late tonight? Amy huberman said she's 5.5months pregnant...... She's teeny tiny:eek: I'm only 5 months and I'm huge by on comparison. Felt like a whale :(

• Advertisement

sorry for crashing thread, hope its ok that I join.
    Is anyone else due early Dec at Holles St?

Can I ask, for staying in after a CS, per baby how many gros would you need to pack?

Im due 11th Dec with twins. Both are breech and have been since the beginning so looks llike they aint moving!

littledubs wrote: »
    sorry for crashing thread, hope its ok that I join.
    Is anyone else due early Dec at Holles St?

Can I ask, for staying in after a CS, per baby how many gros would you need to pack?

Im due 11th Dec with twins. Both are breech and have been since the beginning so looks llike they aint moving!

Best of luck with your twins :) and welcome aboard! I had a section in Dec last year & we used a babygrow and a vest a day, but that was more because I loved changing him lol and he was never a pukey baby! You can always get your OH/Parents to bring you in more of you need them! Just leave them where they can find them all easy enough.. I was in for 5 days which is the norm so pack enough for that time frame.. I used to keep a pile of all the dirty clothes to one side so my OH took them home each eve. I wasn't in Holles St though so no idea what they're like! Do you know what you're having?

Well ladies my bump exploded last night lol, I feel like its doubled in size over night! 31 weeks on Monday, can't believe I'm at the single digit countdown!!! Must start the Xmas Shopping and get things in order for my little fella's 1st birthday! It's not that long away :o

Thanks Tigress! Ya we are having a boy and a girl :-) Ecstatic to say the least. Am 32+2 now and SOOO itchy.. awake since 4.30 scratching the hell out of myself. Had a liver function tests on Fri and all clear TG but this itching is insane. Its the skin stretching for the two babies..
    So when you say you were in for 5 days as theyve said I will be, does the day of the section count as day1? So section is booked for 11th a Tues so Id be going home on the Sat would that be right? xx

Morning ladies, how's everyone doing today?
    @littledubs congrats. Quick question, when you say the hospital did a liver function test do you know if they did a bile acid test as well? They are two different tests used to see what the cause of itching is. I only bring it up as the bile acid test is more accurate and reliable for checking for choleostasis than the liver function. It can take weeks to show up on that where as the bile acid test will show up sooner.

littledubs wrote: »
    Thanks Tigress! Ya we are having a boy and a girl :-) Ecstatic to say the least. Am 32+2 now and SOOO itchy.. awake since 4.30 scratching the hell out of myself. Had a liver function tests on Fri and all clear TG but this itching is insane. Its the skin stretching for the two babies..
    So when you say you were in for 5 days as theyve said I will be, does the day of the section count as day1? So section is booked for 11th a Tues so Id be going home on the Sat would that be right? xx

Yeah the 5 days included the day I had the section :) it's a standard of 5 days depending on how well you get on after the section itself!
    I'm 31 weeks on my 2nd baba and my stomach is crazy itchy too! I can only imagine how much worse ya have it with 2 growing babies! That's great that you're having 1 of each :) very exciting!

Thumby is the bile test a blood test also? I had the liver function test on my last baby as I was tearing myself raw with the itch but all they did was a blood test? I'll prob be speaking too soon but still no strech marks :) woo! Only got 3 little ones last time round and nothing so far this time!

Tigeress wrote: »
    Yeah the 5 days included the day I had the section :) it's a standard of 5 days depending on how well you get on after the section itself!
    I'm 31 weeks on my 2nd baba and my stomach is crazy itchy too! I can only imagine how much worse ya have it with 2 growing babies! That's great that you're having 1 of each :) very exciting!

Thumby is the bile test a blood test also? I had the liver function test on my last baby as I was tearing myself raw with the itch but all they did was a blood test? I'll prob be speaking too soon but still no strech marks :) woo! Only got 3 little ones last time round and nothing so far this time!

Morning Tigress,

The bile acid test is a blood test as well, the sample for both can be taken from the one vial but the docs don't always make bile acid tests as well as liver function test. The only reason I brought it up was because I had choloestasis on my daughter the last time but they never told me so i'm with a different hospital this time round and making sure that i'm being kept informed of everything. If it's just your bump and surrounding areas that are driving ye insane then I wouldn't be worried about it at all. Even this time round now I was driven dememted with itiching on all of the associated areas for oc but thankfully my bile levels never rose above the cut of point and the itching has calmed down something fierce. At one stage I was scratching my legs so badly that i was cutting and scaring myself because of it. I even had my kids doing an arm each while i was tearing away at the legs lol.

As for stretch marks i'm the same, I've gotten none so far which i'm highly surprised at as I was in maternity clothes before I was 8 weeks, and none of the bump was bloating either it was all babs/waters. I've gone from a 8 normal jeans to 16 in maternity for the bump while the jeans themselves are hanging off me everywhere else ah sure feck it, they are comfy. I have been using an oil I got from the body shop called "morninga" or close enough to that anyway and I find it's great for softening up the skin and helping it stretch. Plus it smells really nice to.

Ick girls, I can see some speckly red marks on my belly now. almost like its irritated by a fabric or something. I fear they are the beginning of stretch marks though :( Would that sound right?

Ick girls, I can see some speckly red marks on my belly now. almost like its irritated by a fabric or something. I fear they are the beginning of stretch marks though :( Would that sound right?

They might be alright i'm sorry to say yh. Time to start doubling up on your moistursing routine I'd say.

Thumby wrote: »
    They might be alright i'm sorry to say yh. Time to start doubling up on your moistursing routine I'd say.

I use Bio oil most nights.....I'd say they're just going to happen so I may as well learn to love my new marks :(

• Advertisement

I use Bio oil most nights.....I'd say they're just going to happen so I may as well learn to love my new marks :(

If it's any consolation they do fade to barely there at all unless you know where to look if ya get me. On my first I got them from under one armpit to the other the entire way across, now those ones didn't fade as I went from a 34b to a 40e/f and then back down to a 34c. they did change colour back to my natural skin tones though. the rest that I got on my stomach, backside and legs (right down to my knees ugh) may as well have disappeared entirely for all that you can see them now.

Advertisement