Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Aaargh!!!! 2 days of contractions, coming as fast as every 6 minutes only to find out after an internal that I'm still in pre-labour and only fingertip dilated. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Oh you poor thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

@rachineire, neither am i! But my son is making his communion in may so its obligatory for me to go.
    @iguana you poor thing. I hope things speed up for you soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya xxx

Aww java can't say if she looks bothered or not, image won't open lol. But it is amazing how quick the time flies to the milestones though. You'll be ok though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

iguana wrote: »
    Aaargh!!!! 2 days of contractions, coming as fast as every 6 minutes only to find out after an internal that I'm still in pre-labour and only fingertip dilated. :(

Aww I'm so sorry iguana....I'm really hoping he starts moving for you asap!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Fingers crossed for you iguana that things have/are now progressing.

Morning girlies. Have an ante-natal app this morning. Sooo not looking forward to it :-(

@Iguana how are you feeling today? Are your contractions any closer together yet? Hopefully it won't be too much longer for you. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Aww Thumby.. Hope the antenatal goes well & you enjoy seeing your baba :) x

Iguana I really hope your little man makes his move soon! When are you back in the hospital? Are they inducing you soon?

It went great. My little man was facing us during the miniscan and we both shocked at how much he's filling out already. His little face actually looked "chubby" for lack of a better word. :-D and the best bit is no more biweekly visits for now we're not back up until the 21st of dec, another 6 weeks away. Doc in three weeks.

Thumby wrote: »
    It went great. My little man was facing us during the miniscan and we both shocked at how much he's filling out already. His little face actually looked "chubby" for lack of a better word. :-D and the best bit is no more biweekly visits for now we're not back up until the 21st of dec, another 6 weeks away. Doc in three weeks.

That's brill Thumby :) so glad he gave a good show hehe! So are you no longer on sofa/bed rest?!

• Advertisement

Tigeress wrote: »
    That's brill Thumby :) so glad he gave a good show hehe! So are you no longer on sofa/bed rest?!

Nope :D Which i'm completely thrilled about. But i'm not telling the kids that till they do their room properly lmao. :D

How was your day, any plans for the weekend?

Thumby wrote: »

Nope :D Which i'm completely thrilled about. But i'm not telling the kids that till they do their room properly lmao. :D

How was your day, any plans for the weekend?

Tee hehe you're so right! That's amazing that you're not on bed rest anymore! Don't over do it though and end up back there again :p

Was in work today.. Sigh... Can't wait for Maternity Leave lol! Have the grandparents minding the little man tomorrow so we're having a date day :D can't wait!

Iguana I hope your little man has made his grand entrance xx

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Hope you had a great day :-)
    Iguana - I hope baby is here or on its way :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Iguana I hope your little man has made his grand entrance xx

Has she gone in yet do you know? Hope she has by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Just saw in the nov thread - after what sounds like a very hard few days Iguana gave birth to baby Samuel by section!
    Huge congrats Iguana!! I hope your feeling ok and recover quickly! Take your time and all the help you can get after the difficult birth. Hope all well with baby Samuel - beautiful name :)

We sure did thanks Moonbeam :)
    I haven't heard anything YH but I'm sure at this stage he must be here :o at least I hope so!
    Back in the hospital this Wed and its the 1st appoint my OH hasn't been too :( he's been brill and goes to everything but he can't get the time off work and prob won't be going to anymore until D-Day is here..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

We sure did thanks Moonbeam :)
    I haven't heard anything YH but I'm sure at this stage he must be here :o at least I hope so!
    Back in the hospital this Wed and its the 1st appoint my OH hasn't been too :( he's been brill and goes to everything but he can't get the time off work and prob won't be going to anymore until D-Day is here..

Think you just crossed posts with DL. Delighted to hear Iguana had the baby...will skip over to the Nov thread to read about it. Congrats to you and your OH Iguana. xx

Tigeress, has your OH been to all your appts? Mine has come to the scans to meet the consultant and I havent had any other appts so far really. I have my GTT test on the 13th and meeting consultant the same morn so he'll prob come along to meet the consiltant and then go to work. We've been lucky with the coombe so far, they've only scheduled us for first thing in the morning appts or last thing in the evening.

So far, I cannot fathom the difference (other than wait times) between public, semi-private and private. If things go according to plan, I think we'll defo go public next time.

Aww, congrats Iguana:)
    My hubbie has not managed to be in the country for any of my appointments yet but I have only had 4 and he will be here for the next one either to come with me or look after the kids:)

It is literally just wait times yh. You may not get the semi/private room depending on how busy they are when ya have babs. But you'll still get the bill for it though.
    Sounds like iguana had a really rough time of it. Hope you're feeling better soon. And congrats again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Congrats Iguana and Mr Iguana. He is finally here, hope you have a fast recovery :)

Ah moonbeam that kinda sucks, nothing worse than being stuck up there waiting ages on your tod, i'd be cracking up from the boredom. Have to say my ex has been great, we only split 4 weeks ago had 3 apps and one emergency since and he hasn't missed any of them. Thankfully cause i'm getting to the stage where i can't fit behind the wheel of the car lol so it's only short distances i can manage to drive now.

Thanks for letting us know DL! Aww huge congrats Iguana :D hope you're doing ok after the section hun x bet the grandparents are delighted you didn't go with Spike hehe x

Aww that's poo Moonbeam :( will he be home for a while now when he's back?
    Thumby so sorry to hear your split but glad that everything is going well and he's been there when needed!
    YH I've been spoiled with my OH he loves coming along to everything :) but as his job is getting busier he can't take the day off.. He works in Dublin but we live in Laois so it's not like he can just take a morning off either :( ill be so bored waiting on Wed lol! He usually keeps me entertained!

Its nice when the OH gets to come to the appointments- Mine has only been to the scans so far...He is on a contract at work and so we can't really have him getting the mornings off for my appointments so I'm solo on a lot of them. I felt bad the last time since I got a scan and he wasn't there to see baby and he has missed the heartbeat loads of times!

I'm not sure how its going to work with him as far as paternity leave when the baby is born as well- especially since its right around christmas time. I'm hoping he will get a few days off in a row for when I first go home so we can spend a couple of days home together as a family but we aren't going to push our luck for anything! All my family live in the states as well and no one is able to be here for when he is born so I'm hoping my MIL will help out a lot since I don't know the first thing about taking care of a newborn!

Rach does he have any holidays accumulated? Most employers are very fair with taking them at the last minute for a baby.. Maybe he should talk to them and find out where you guys stand with it? You'll need his help at the start, but don't be afraid to ask your MIL either!

8 weeks left today eek!! Bought the mattress for his cot yesterday and maternity pads.. I really need to go out and get my stuff for the hospital bag!

@tigress, thanks hun, but we get on brilliantly anyway so things are working out great with him being there for everything, even if it's stupid o'clock cravings that he has to go to the shop for lol.

@Rach, +1 tigs said about not being afraid to ask for help from and anyone and everyone who offers it. You might also find it handy to make up some stuff like stews and spag bols or currys and freeze them in seperate containers so that you won't have to worry about cooking too much right after you get home, especially if you oh can't get time off work. But in saying that he is legally entitled to paternity leave, plus his xmas hols and any other days that he may have built up. Def get him to talk to either his boss about it of maybe citizens information. Their website might help too.... www.citizensinformation.ie

Rach does he have any holidays accumulated? Most employers are very fair with taking them at the last minute for a baby.. Maybe he should talk to them and find out where you guys stand with it? You'll need his help at the start, but don't be afraid to ask your MIL either!

8 weeks left today eek!! Bought the mattress for his cot yesterday and maternity pads.. I really need to go out and get my stuff for the hospital bag!
    @Rach, +1 tigs said about not being afraid to ask for help from and anyone and everyone who offers it. You might also find it handy to make up some stuff like stews and spag bols or currys and freeze them in seperate containers so that you won't have to worry about cooking too much right after you get home, especially if you oh can't get time off work. But in saying that he is legally entitled to paternity leave, plus his xmas hols and any other days that he may have built up. Def get him to talk to either his boss about it of maybe citizens information. Their website might help too.... www.citizensinformation.ie

Thanks ladies,

well he will have some time saved up but because of it being so close to christmas (if baby is born on due date or later) it will be super hard for him to get time off as it hadn't been booked in advance. He was told he could have his holidays for sure in January, but not so sure about december. I'm just worried that if I have a c-section whats going to happen and also I'm sure his MIL will be a great help, its just I would rather have hubby around when I need help for things like a shower or bathroom or something. Not sure, never done this before. bah! I get a little upset thinking about it so I will just leave it off and hope for the best!
    I will start my Maternity leave next week (have some holidays saved up for myself!) so I will definately be cooking up some spaghetti sauce ahead of time and freezing a few meals! Will make our lives so much easier for when baby gets home :D

In other news, I think my bump dropped...huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Congrats iguana!!
    Delighted for you x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Tigeress, can't believe you've only 8 weeks left!
    How old will the other little cutie be then? Are you section again?

Advertisement