Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Tigeress wrote: »
    All's good here Betsie! How are you?

My back is breaking at the mo :( finding work just too hard now so I'm heading to the Doc tomorrow and going out sick for the last few weeks.. I work in retail and Yey don't have chairs for me to sit on and I'm still expected to stand all day and do deliveries (light weight stuff) with a lot of bending so I've had enough..

hey tigeress, we are keeping well here thank god, you should be taking it easy now at this stage, take a sick note x x
    Rachineire wrote: »
    @Betsie- doing well, getting impatient and wishing away my time!! tired of being tired and I get jealous when I watch people walk carefree as I hobble along down the aisles in the grocery store lol! How is your LO doing? an August baby right? Sleeping good for you?

yeah rach an August baby, she was 12 weeks last friday, dont know where the time has gone, she is going down between 9 and 9.30 every night and will wake about 4ish for a bottle and back to sleep then till about 7ish so i cant complain at all :D i remember that feeling all too well waddling around dunnes struggling to reach stuff on the shelves

all doc surgeries must be the same. i cant believe that woman blocking the gate adn jumping out tellling you she had high bp haha no wonder she has high bp if she is acting like that haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Lol Rach don't get me started on them! I swear they can be so bloody rude! I hope your check up goes well! Not long left at all for you :) is baby engagged yet?

I'm not entirely sure....how would they check if he is engaged, they have never done an internal on me! (at this stage in america they would have done at least one internal to see if there was any dilation.) He has been head down since 31 weeks and was down super low until this week when he popped up to hang out near my ribs, which I'm not happy about! Funny thing though- she was feeling my stomach checking the position of the baby:

Doc- hmmm what is this...can't be his head, thats way too big. Has he been head down?
    Me- yes- was head down at his last scan two weeks ago
    Doc- hmmm (feeling the rest of my stomach trying to figure out where his back and legs and ect are) well I guess he is still head down, you would have felt it if he turned. He just has a really big head!
    me- :eek::eek:
    Doc- oh haha! try not to think about that!
    me- :eek:

EEP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

i was told that my lo had a big head and was going to be a big baby she had a normal size head and was 6lb 14oz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Yeah they always wrong! I was told I was fed having a 9lb plus baby.... She was 6lb 5 oz! Teeny tiny!

I didn't feel her turn breech at 37 weeks..... She literally had to do a full 180 as was head down before that and I never noticed / had my inlaws over that week tho... They had me mithered!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

dublinlady wrote: »
    Yeah they always wrong! I was told I was fed having a 9lb plus baby.... She was 6lb 5 oz! Teeny tiny!

I didn't feel her turn breech at 37 weeks..... She literally had to do a full 180 as was head down before that and I never noticed / had my inlaws over that week tho... They had me mithered!!!

It's funny how wrong they can be! In my case they told me N was 5kg and he was 4.4kg which is 9.11lb! Now they're telling me this one is gonna be smaller but I really don't think so!
    Rach I think they can tell by trying to move baby and seeing if he/she is moveable?! I didn't get an internal till a few days before my due date last time and it was an attempt at a sweep.. I think it's fairly normal here not to have unless needed! Have you for your bags all packed? I plan on buying what I need this week and packing them! Hopefully lol!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Internals are not normal in Ireland, you usually only get them if there is an issue.
    My baba is head down and fells huge but bump is not huge.
    I think we have our name list finalised too:)
    I should pack my hospital bag ,I have a feeling that this baby will be here pretty soon.

It's funny how wrong they can be! In my case they told me N was 5kg and he was 4.4kg which is 9.11lb! Now they're telling me this one is gonna be smaller but I really don't think so!
    Rach I think they can tell by trying to move baby and seeing if he/she is moveable?! I didn't get an internal till a few days before my due date last time and it was an attempt at a sweep.. I think it's fairly normal here not to have unless needed! Have you for your bags all packed? I plan on buying what I need this week and packing them! Hopefully lol!

ok that would make sense if he was engaged. that whole "engaged" term is slightly unclear to me...i mean i get it...i think?

Yeah i figured thats how it works for internals here. Part of me wants to know how "effaced" i am or if im dilated and part of me is really happy for the lack of invasion!

I have my bags half packed. I'm very lazy on them for some reason which is unusual for me since I'm nearly obessive with having everything else 100% ready. like his nursery which wont be used for a good while! I will work on them tonight with my OH- he is a much better packer than i am so i will have him tetris it in all to fit just so. We bought a small gym bag from amazon for the labour ward and I have a small carry on sized wheely bag for the maternity ward. will leave that one out in the car for as long as needed and I'm going to have a shopping bag with extra maternity pads and nappies and wipes left in the boot so he can run out and grab them as needed!

moonbeam do you think you will be early?? when is your due date? after christmas or before?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

29th Dec.
    #1 was born at 38 weeks and 39 on #2.

I thought I was bad at 33 weeks not having packed anything lol! You & Moonbeam better get sorted :p
    They use the term engaged here, it's basically when baby is pushing into the birth canal, so he'd be stuck there till its time to come out :) sounds like your little one is still doing acrobats though!

Moonbeam wrote: »
    29th Dec.
    #1 was born at 38 weeks and 39 on #2.

Sounds like your little one will be here on time for Santa :)

• Advertisement

I so hope so!!
    My 3 year old is 4 New Years day and is so excited about Santa:)

I so hope so!!
    My 3 year old is 4 New Years day and is so excited about Santa:)

Oh wow busy Xmas is your house aswell so :) my little man will be 1 on 27th Dec and baby is due 2 weeks after! Are you gonna feed baby yourself? I did for a few weeks on my son but I was bleeding and incredibly sore.. I had to give up for different reasons but I'm hoping ill be able to go longer this time around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Lots of Xmas babies - so lovely :)

After 5 weeks of horrific sickness I actually ate dinner last night and it (mostly) stayed down. I was also able to put washing away and things instead of going straight to bed after work. I feel like I've achieved something really significant, like climbing a mountain or something :)

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Lots of Xmas babies - so lovely :)

After 5 weeks of horrific sickness I actually ate dinner last night and it (mostly) stayed down. I was also able to put washing away and things instead of going straight to bed after work. I feel like I've achieved something really significant, like climbing a mountain or something :)

That's brilliant :D I hope it's a sign of things to come for ya now! How many weeks are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

That's brilliant :D I hope it's a sign of things to come for ya now! How many weeks are you?

I was 10 weeks yesterday. Fingers crossed it is a sign of things to come, only got sick once today so far too which is miraculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Hi Ladies,

Just quick question im 22wks +1 and im getting a lot of pressure on my left side since Sunday evening its not as bad during the day as it is at night, it kept me awake all night last night, i feel i have to lie on my left side to relieve some of the pressure, its down quite low and feels different to the type of stretching/ round ligament pain i would have got in the first trimester. Im due at the GP on Friday for check up but wondering if any of you ladies have experienced this or should i go to GP sooner or is it just all part of the stretching? just to note im not looking for medical advice, just wondering is it all normal or should i go gp sooner than Friday :confused:

Oh wow busy Xmas is your house aswell so :) my little man will be 1 on 27th Dec and baby is due 2 weeks after! Are you gonna feed baby yourself? I did for a few weeks on my son but I was bleeding and incredibly sore.. I had to give up for different reasons but I'm hoping ill be able to go longer this time around!

My other baby is in January:)
    I fed both of the girls for about 3/4 months but it is not easy and #1 had to be topped up.
    I had planned to feed the 1st 2 until I went back to work but these things do not go as we plan.

elly123 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

Just quick question im 22wks +1 and im getting a lot of pressure on my left side since Sunday evening its not as bad during the day as it is at night, it kept me awake all night last night, i feel i have to lie on my left side to relieve some of the pressure, its down quite low and feels different to the type of stretching/ round ligament pain i would have got in the first trimester. Im due at the GP on Friday for check up but wondering if any of you ladies have experienced this or should i go to GP sooner or is it just all part of the stretching? just to note im not looking for medical advice, just wondering is it all normal or should i go gp sooner than Friday :confused:

Not sure really- I know I had a lot of pains around that time, sometimes on the left, sometimes on the right but even if it didnt feel like it, a lot was the stretching. If you are really concerned it never hurts to give the midwives a ring if you can for reassurance if nothing else...lots of rest will help as well! and my GP told me that paracetemol was perfectly ok if its something you would take normally. Its better to take that than have the stress on your body of pain. And of course the standard always ask your GP! thats what they are there for! I hope you feel better soon!

Elly, it's most likely stretching pains! But if you're worried just phone your GP and they'll tell you to go in if needs be :)

The itching on my bump is driving me mad! It usually goes like this for a few days then my bump takes another stretch! My coat no longer closes :( I don't wanna buy one for only a few weeks so large hoodies it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Thanks ladies, i think your right think its just stretching, had lots of movement yesterday, think baby is lying on my bladder as im going to loo way more than i have been and noticed if i stretch my arms up i can feel the pressure same as when i go to loo so that's obv what it is. I had a lovely hot shower last night and spent ages massaging my oil and moisturiser in to my tummy and surrounding areas it was so relaxing. I also noticed that im tender around a very small scar that i have on my left side from a laproscopy back in March might mention it to GP must be scar tissue under it. Im feeling much better about it now so will hold out going to GP until Friday.

Hope you are all feeling good :)

• Advertisement

That's great that you're more relaxed Elly! The stretching pains and aches are full go from now! But ya get used to them!
    With the pain in your scar, I had a section in Dec and I get awful pains in that.. Especially when my stomach is streching! Say it to the GP when your in though cause its no harm in him having a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Yay for all the Xmas babies - I am a sucker for those cute onesies they have out for Christmas, too cute!

Just wondering if any ladies who have gone public in Holles Street could advise me....I have my anomaly scan next Thursday (am a bag of nerves to boot) and wondering what the queues are like? My appointment is for 09.50am and when I booked it weeks ago I stupidly thought it's a set time but not too sure now at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

Digs wrote: »
    Yay for all the Xmas babies - I am a sucker for those cute onesies they have out for Christmas, too cute!

Just wondering if any ladies who have gone public in Holles Street could advise me....I have my anomaly scan next Thursday (am a bag of nerves to boot) and wondering what the queues are like? My appointment is for 09.50am and when I booked it weeks ago I stupidly thought it's a set time but not too sure now at all!

I had my anomaly scan 3 weeks ago in holles street. The appointment was at 12 and I was seen at 12.05! They tend to be on time as far as I know

Digs wrote: »

All of mine were within 10 minutes of the appointed time aswell.
    I would be there for 9:30.

Great to know thanks girls.

On one of my letters for a consultants appointment it had that generic reminder at the end to book my scan if I hadn't done so and also said please allow up to 2 housr delay but maybe that's only in certain circumstances. I will be nervous enough didn't fancy the thoughts of hanging around two hours to be seen!!

That's amazing that Holles Street is so good with their appointment times! My appoints are always at 9:30am and I'll e lucky to leave by 12pm!

That is only for scans;)

I heard that you could be all day waiting for public appointments.

Semi Private is fine though,I had an hour wait max and the midwives clinic is brilliant you more or less get seen at the time of your appointment:)

My parents have taken my little man for the afternoon :) think I might go back to bed for a while for a rest! It doesn't happen often!

Haven't heard from Thumby or Princessa for a while, hope you ladies are well :) x

I heard that you could be all day waiting for public appointments.

Have heard the horror stories! Will find out on 18th Dec, first consultants apt!!

Enjoy the rest Tigeress :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

I'm here kinda lol. I'm just tired lately i've been too tired to post.
    I'll log in on the puter later and do a bit of catch reading.
    Enjoy the afternoon ladies. :-)

Advertisement