Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Princessa I really hope your little one has arrived by now :)

Thumby how are you doing hun? I can't believe 2 weeks tomorrow I'm gonna have my little boy in my arms!! It's scarily close! On the up side my SPD doesn't seem as bad the last few days (touch wood) I'm still in pain and I'm not sure if its just me coping better or he's moved or something and its eased off.. Hmm..
    Last day in work for my OH for 2 weeks :D so excited to have him home!!
    I'm official on Maternity now too hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

@tig woohoo maternity leave, spd easing off and babs will be here soon for you, delighted you're getting some relief finally.
    I'm still in bits and my antibiotic is finished today but i haven't have anymore shows in the last day so i may just wait and see.
    @rach hope everyone is doing well and ye get home soon.
    @princessa hope your lo has arrived by now and ye are great :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

I'm home! Woo! They let me out this morning, back next week and they said possibly induction around my due date. He said they won't let me go the full 10 days over anyway cos my blood pressure is so volatile. So glad to be home. I feel like I've been let out of jail :D

Woo Tigeress that's great your maternity leave has started. Mine officially started on Wednesday but cos I've been on sick leave for a few weeks its as exciting anymore!

Thumby, when are ya back in to see them again? Maybe let them know if the antibiotics are finished but you still feel crap, just to be on the safe side!

Princessa, I hope your little one arrived safe and well!!

How's everyone feeling today?

Yay tigerton delighted for you. It's soooo nice to get home isn't it? Especially when nearly everyone else is either in labour/just had their lo's. I'm back up on the 4th so two weeks from today. I'm afraid to ring them tbh cause i know that if they get their hands on me i'll have a battle to get home for xmas.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Got the tree up :)
    Over did it slightly , just want to curl up on a ball ,sleep and baby to be here and himself to magically do the washing ,hoover and do the dishes .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

@thumby thanks. I'm delighted to be home, first thing I did was have a nap. Been tidying and pottering around th house since then. Think il spend the evening on the exercise ball to help things along :)
    Maybe even give th hospital a ring. I'd say they want as few people in over Xmas as possible so ya might be lucky. Either way take it easy as much as possible and mind yourself!

@moonbeam I'd love that too!

Hey i could always send "the teenager" *shudders* to give ye a hand lol. Only payment required is feeding!
    Well i've santy done now and C is bringing me to do my groceries sunday so i'm back in the pj's till then and only doing what's absolutly necessary. I'd say things will settle down once i do, it's just easier said than done this side of xmas when there are other kids to get sorted. Lol

@moonbeam, i totally read your post wrong! Thought for a min you said you'd gotten up the tree! Lmao.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Hey all, i had a little boy on the 19th at 17.34, weighing 6lbs 11 oz. Home inall, both of us doing well. Thrilled is not the word. biggrin.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Princesa, you beat me to the chase! I knew it! Not by much though! :D congrats!

• Advertisement

Princessa wrote: »
    Hey all, i had a little boy on the 19th at 17.34, weighing 6lbs 11 oz. Home inall, both of us doing well. Thrilled is not the word. biggrin.png

Wow huge congrats Primcessa!! What did you call him? So glad you're all doing so well :)

I've gotten the Winter Vomiting Bug :( feel like crap.. Up all night and still in bits today.. Thankfully my OH is off for 2 weeks to help out! Only thing I'm keeping down is water..

Tiger tin so glad you got let home and it's great knowing they're not gonna let you go over! I hope your BP keeps on track now!

Thumby sorry to hear you're still under the weather hun :( I do think you should call them for another prescription though! You don't wanna end up back in over Xmas is pain! Well more than you're already in :p

I'm really hoping I'll feel better for Monday as that's when we start celebrating Xmas with my OH's family! We won't be able to go if I still have this stupid bug.. Wouldn't be fair to risk them all!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tigeress wrote: »

Wow huge congrats Primcessa!! What did you call him? So glad you're all doing so well :)

I've gotten the Winter Vomiting Bug :( feel like crap.. Up all night and still in bits today.. Thankfully my OH is off for 2 weeks to help out! Only thing I'm keeping down is water..

Tiger tin so glad you got let home and it's great knowing they're not gonna let you go over! I hope your BP keeps on track now!

Thumby sorry to hear you're still under the weather hun :( I do think you should call them for another prescription though! You don't wanna end up back in over Xmas is pain! Well more than you're already in :p

I'm really hoping I'll feel better for Monday as that's when we start celebrating Xmas with my OH's family! We won't be able to go if I still have this stupid bug.. Wouldn't be fair to risk them all!
    Oh you poor pet :(
    You are having such a rough time *hugs*

Thanks Moonbeam :) it's wen an awful rough few weeks here! My little fella seems to be finally turning a corner now and managed to eat for the 1st time in a few days :) I'm a little better myself this morning too.. Although I didn't get much sleep with this baby kicking me all night lol!
    Here's hoping for a sick free Xmas :)
    How are you? Suprised baby hasn't arrived yet?

Thanks Moonbeam :) it's wen an awful rough few weeks here! My little fella seems to be finally turning a corner now and managed to eat for the 1st time in a few days :) I'm a little better myself this morning too.. Although I didn't get much sleep with this baby kicking me all night lol!
    Here's hoping for a sick free Xmas :)
    How are you? Suprised baby hasn't arrived yet?
    Very surprised :( maybe tomorrow:-)
    Down in the in laws for Christmas now.

:( maybe its a boy this time! They are known to be lazy ;) have you had any signs of things happening? When are you back in the hospital? Hope the in-laws aren't too fr from the hospital just encase!

:( maybe its a boy this time! They are known to be lazy ;) have you had any signs of things happening? When are you back in the hospital? Hope the in-laws aren't too fr from the hospital just encase!
    I am near a maternity hospital :-)
    Next hospital appt is 8th Jan , I have no intentions of making it !

I hope ya don't have to wait! And hope he/she lets ya have Christmas Dinner before they decide to make their grand entrance :) I'm counting down my last 11 days now to have this baby but at the same time it's scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

My Christmas day dinner 2010 fit on a side plate. I was 35 weeks and had gotten to the stage that I could only eat tiny amounts of food at a time. I felt like I'd had a gastric band op done. It was torture not being able to eat more ham and roast potatoes not to mention NO pudding after.

I still won't be having pudding this year (it causes extreme heartburn) but at least I'll be able to eat a decent dinner.

My Christmas day dinner 2010 fit on a side plate. I was 35 weeks and had gotten to the stage that I could only eat tiny amounts of food at a time. I felt like I'd had a gastric band op done. It was torture not being able to eat more ham and roast potatoes not to mention NO pudding after.

I still won't be having pudding this year (it causes extreme heartburn) but at least I'll be able to eat a decent dinner.

I was due on Xmas Day last year so I know how you feel! Only 10 days left on this one and I'm feeling a little robbed that I won't be able to stuff myself with turkey lol! Ah well no more babies for a long long time so I don't mind too much..

Happy Christmas Ladies! Ours starts today & I can't wait :) x

Hope all the Mammies in waiting had a great Christmas today :) I so wanted to stuff my face but there's no room left in there! 9 days till my section :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

hi all hope everyone had a great xmas, it was nice to have a guilt free xmas dinner and not av to count the calories, had my scan today everythings fine got me in the mood to start packing my hosp bags so picked up my first few little bits, bought my first packed of nappies and vests for the babs got so excited.. looking at all the baby stuff id forgotten how expensive it all is god i can feel my weekly shopping bill is going to nearly double in size.. ah well it will all be worth it, its going to be a long 7 wks of waiting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

for all the ladies that are due or close to been due when did you all start buying baby stuff?
    Im now 25 weeks and everyone put me off buying stuff before now, but seeing as xmas is nearly finished with I was thinking now might be a good time to start. Thankfully my dad has loads to give me my youngest sister is 5, Im 24 bit of a difference

for all the ladies that are due or close to been due when did you all start buying baby stuff?
    Im now 25 weeks and everyone put me off buying stuff before now, but seeing as xmas is nearly finished with I was thinking now might be a good time to start. Thankfully my dad has loads to give me my youngest sister is 5, Im 24 bit of a difference
    On the 1st I bought the buggy and the car seat and cot around 28 weeks as I got great deals.
    Most of the other stuff we got after baby arrived.

That's makin me feel better that I'm not too far behind! How bout blankets bottles nappies and all that? I'm breastfeeding but will need bottles too and pump so hubby can help out

That's makin me feel better that I'm not too far behind! How bout blankets bottles nappies and all that? I'm breastfeeding but will need bottles too and pump so hubby can help out

I was about 25 weeks on my 1st when I started buying everything in! You're right to start now as you have all the sales starting! The last few weeks are so tiresome that you won't wanna trawl the shops so go for it now :)
    With blankets you'll need the cellular ones for the 1st few weeks as they have little holes on them and allow baby to breathe! Argos do a pack of 2 for pretty cheap but they're the smaller ones! Stay away from fleece as baby can't regulate tempratures and can over heat!
    I fed myself aswell at the start but also got the Doctor Browne bottles and I still use them on my 1 year old and will be on this one too! They can be fiddly as they have a lot of parts but they're anti colic and I found them amazing! Little but more pricey than the Avent or Tommee Tippee though! I used the Tommee Tippee Steriliser aswell! Have a pack of soothers ready aswell cause you never know if you'll have a sucky baby and need them :) that's why happened to me lol!
    Enjoy the shopping though and look around for deals! Mothercare do great sales this time of year :)

Yeah I figured waiting till after xmas to do the shopping besides the stress of xmas the sales would be great help! Best start a list and take it from most important onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Hey everyone, congrats to all the new mammies!
    Tigeress, came in to ask when your heading in? did that 9 months not just fly?

Well zoe is now 5months old. Noticed two cuts in her gum yesterday, looked today,two little teeth! Had a little cry I was so emotional lol!

javagal wrote: »
    Hey everyone, congrats to all the new mammies!
    Tigeress, came in to ask when your heading in? did that 9 months not just fly?

Well zoe is now 5months old. Noticed two cuts in her gum yesterday, looked today,two little teeth! Had a little cry I was so emotional lol!

Aww wait till those 2 teeth pop through :) her smiles will just be Soo much cuter! She's a little cutie! 5 months has flown in!
    I'm having a section on Friday next week the 4th! Can't believe how close it is now!

Any movements yet Moonbeam? Happy due date day :)

• Advertisement

Any movements yet Moonbeam? Happy due date day :)
    Nothing yet :(
    The heartburn is terrible though only when I try to sleep , I am wrecked !

Advertisement