Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Hopefully baby will come soon! Nothing worse than the last few days of waiting :( I'm the same with the heartburn at the mo! I'm fine till I lie down then it's awful.. Wonder if I'll beat ya to the finish line now hehe :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

back from my trip and was logging in to see if you had any news Moonbeam - fingers crossed it all kicks off soon!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we are back home after christmas but still no sign of baby.
    I am more and more convinced it is a boy every day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Moonbeam wrote: »
    we are back home after christmas but still no sign of baby.
    I am more and more convinced it is a boy every day!!

Good luck moonbeam!!! Looking forward to hearing the good news :)

Anyone else due at the mo?
    Obviously tigress you are the 4 th :)

I wish I could fast forward the next 17 weeks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

wonder if anyone whos due will have a new year baby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Me too dublinlady. I'm 23 weeks so 16 left to go. At least we're over the halfway mark.

Iv just got over 14 weeks to go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I've only 9.5 weeks to go but I'm feeling all of my 31 weeks right now

I've found on both pregnancies that the last 10 weeks seemed forever at the time but now it's the last few days I wonder where the time has gone! I'm looking forward to him arriving but ill miss being pregnant too! Hormonal mess here lol!

Seriously I cannot stop eating :o I'm never full at the mo! I'm watching tv here and all I can think of is the left over mash potato in the kitchen :o

• Advertisement

Tigeress- I go through these phases too there are evenings I cant stop. the first 3 months well 17 weeks I wasnt great with eating because I was sick but making up for it now

I think I'm having braxton hicks. I'm only 23 weeks but every so often my tummy goes rock hard. I was like that continuously for the week before my son was born. It's not sore as such (so I posted here instead of the moan thread!) but quite uncomfortable if I try to do something mid contraction.

I think I'm having braxton hicks. I'm only 23 weeks but every so often my tummy goes rock hard. I was like that continuously for the week before my son was born. It's not sore as such (so I posted here instead of the moan thread!) but quite uncomfortable if I try to do something mid contraction.

I would defo say Braxton hicks. There a joy specially when out shopping and the car's parked miles away

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cute6guru

Hi. Ok I need advice asap! I started a new job beginning of May and I just did a test Im pregnant! Scared what my boss will think. Shes not the most approachable person to be honest. Help!!!

cute6guru wrote: »
    Hi. Ok I need advice asap! I started a new job beginning of May and I just did a test Im pregnant! Scared what my boss will think. Shes not the most approachable person to be honest. Help!!!

Don't be afraid the law is on your side and you're perfectly entitled to be pregnant!! It just means sthe has to keep your job open for you! She can employ someone for your leave! Don't think you need to tell her til about 20 weeks or so - maybe someone else knows better - but I think it's nicer to tell around 15/16 weeks as they will probably start to notice anyway! Honesty usually best policy and remember you have nothing to apologise for! Congrats!!

dublinlady wrote: »

Don't be afraid the law is on your side and you're perfectly entitled to be pregnant!! It just means sthe has to keep your job open for you! She can employ someone for your leave! Don't think you need to tell her til about 20 weeks or so - maybe someone else knows better - but I think it's nicer to tell around 15/16 weeks as they will probably start to notice anyway! Honesty usually best policy and remember you have nothing to apologise for! Congrats!!

I'd phone Nera and ask for their maternity department and they'll advise you as the best route to go! Congrats though :)

DL can't believe how quick your Preg is going!

How strange, have the BH stopped? I had them quite bad around that time myself and then they just stopped until a few days ago! Hope they're not too bad on you now!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Anyone ever got the spinnies at night when trying to get to sleep and i don't mean after a good night out :D:D I went to bed about 10ish last night and every time i closed my eyes it felt like the room was spinning, took me a good two hours to get to sleep was very weird!

Also any suggestions and how to reduce cellulite, dimples, thread & varicose veins on upper legs?? any oils or cream i can try? Prob bit late now as im 28 + weeks but said i'd ask..... I bought a swimsuit last night, going back swimming 2moro and im dreading the taughts of been seeing in a swimsuit but I got to do it.

Also last question :) at what stage do you start to discuss labour and delivery with your consultant?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey all, after nearly four years. I am back on. Tomorrow is 12 weeks of pregnancy number 2. Aidan is a big and active little man now. He is 4 next month so I am going to get one hell of a refresher course. Nervous and anxious. I dont want Aidan thinking he will be forgotten with a new baby, weird thought but one I worry about.

I also find that with having to carry him from time to time is getting very hard. he is nearly 22kg and my back is sore a lot as a result.

elly123 wrote: »
    Anyone ever got the spinnies at night when trying to get to sleep and i don't mean after a good night out :D:D I went to bed about 10ish last night and every time i closed my eyes it felt like the room was spinning, took me a good two hours to get to sleep was very weird!

Also any suggestions and how to reduce cellulite, dimples, thread & varicose veins on upper legs?? any oils or cream i can try? Prob bit late now as im 28 + weeks but said i'd ask..... I bought a swimsuit last night, going back swimming 2moro and im dreading the taughts of been seeing in a swimsuit but I got to do it.

Also last question :) at what stage do you start to discuss labour and delivery with your consultant?

With the varcose veins you'll need to buy support socks in your local chemist! They're a pain to put on while heavily pregnant but do work :) not sure about the cellulite though.. The swimming will do wonders though :)

My doctor never discussed labour and delivery with me on either pregnancy! They went through it all in the antenatal classes though!

Tigeress yes the BH seemed to have stopped but I've definitely had a growth spurt. My bump is much bigger than it was a week ago and baby has grown a lot too. The very same type of growth spurt happened at this time on my son.

• Advertisement

elly123 one of the stand-in consultants was very dismissive of birth plans/preferences when I mentioned it. My consultant never asked or brought it up. However the midwife going the ante natal class urged us all to have some sort of a written plan/preference and to give it to the midwives when we were admitted. I gave mine in, it was put at the front of my file and every midwife read it.

Ladies - does anyone know where I could get a crib net to go on top of the babies cot?

It looks like this:

crib+net+012.JPG

and is to keep the cat out of the crib. I looked online but couldn't see anywhere in Ireland to easily purchase one. Has anyone else got something similar? I can only see flouncy pink ones on ebay that look like the ones four poster beds have on them. Looking for something like the above.

EDIT: never mind, it appears that this product was recalled due to strangulation fears so they can't be gotten (which is awful) - I guess it'll be the standard nets/canopy things for us!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

A normal mosquito net might work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Ladies - does anyone know where I could get a crib net to go on top of the babies cot?

It looks like this:

crib+net+012.JPG

and is to keep the cat out of the crib. I looked online but couldn't see anywhere in Ireland to easily purchase one. Has anyone else got something similar? I can only see flouncy pink ones on ebay that look like the ones four poster beds have on them. Looking for something like the above.

EDIT: never mind, it appears that this product was recalled due to strangulation fears so they can't be gotten (which is awful) - I guess it'll be the standard nets/canopy things for us!

If its any consolation my cat didn't try once to get into Moses basket wen we brought our daughter home. I had the basket in the room a few weeks before born. She's now inher cot in her own room and I've a safety gate n the door so keeps cat out as once the doors closed over she can't jump it.

Cats adjust quick. Mine used to sleep under the Moses basket like baby sitting. Now every morning when baby wakes she's waiting outside her room for one of us to get her.

Weird I know. I was afraid is have to give her away but she's adjusted really well.

Baby Evan born at 9:20am weighing 8lb 8oz! He's just perfect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

Tigeress wrote: »

Congratulations! I love the name too.

I hope the section wasn't as traumatic as last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Congrats Tigress! Delighted to hear he's here safe and sound. Lovely name too :)

Congrats! love the name. Hope you're all doing well. How exciting :) xx

Yep, we'll get normal mosquito net instead! Our cat thinks everything in the world is made for him (he's very spoiled) so I'd be surprised if he doesn't go in the moses basket. I have read some tips to stop him doing it before the baby is born and (with the mattress removed) so we might try that!

Huge congrats tigress!!!! Aggghh so exciting! Lovely weight ! Hope you both recovering well!

• Advertisement

Huge congrats tigress!!!! Aggghh so exciting! Lovely weight ! Hope you both recovering well!

Advertisement